Superior Zimbabwe flue-cured tobaccos are mainly used in our Vanilla Creme blend. Cavendish and Loose cut. Aged in a sweet Vanilla ingredient, very mild.

BrandPeter Stokkebye
ContentsCavendish, Virginia
FlavoringVanilla
Strength
Taste
2.7
romaso Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
romaso (36)

This is one of my favorite vanillas. I find the flavor fuller than and with less of the top-end sweetness of the Mac Baren's Vanilla Creme. The Stokkebye also doesn't have the tendency to bite that the Mac Baren's does.

Along with the MacClelland Vanilla, this is one of my favorites.

SFC/E7 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SFC/E7 (93)

This is a Cavendish and Loose Cut by Stokkebye, the mildness of this blend?s mellow vanilla flavor and aroma reflects its careful aging in the essence of sweet vanilla.

This tobacco is also known as Crown Royale in the Tinder Box.

This is a very mild tobacco, no tongue bite or harshness in the taste. I generally smoke this one as my first tobacco of the day.

This is a very good tobacco for the beginner or for someone who wants to taste an aromatic for the first time.

I Love It!

ericrdpilot Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ericrdpilot (3)

I can't help it. I really love this tobacco. I know, real pipe smokers don't smoke vanilla tobacco, so I'm told, but this stuff is good, and I'm not sorry about it

hoo-boy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
hoo-boy (17)
Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I rate this in the catagories as meduium BUT It is NOT in anyway a medium quality product, so I will just say I LIKE IT! It is one of my go to smokes. I know some are turning their nose up as this is a vanilla flavored tobak, Well, All I got to say TRY IT! I believe you just might sing another tune . By the way most ladies will like the room note IF this is anyway important to you. lol One of the nice things about it is it can be bought in bulk futhermore the price will not make your wallet feel as it does when you fill your auto gas tank!

hoo-boy

Peppino Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Peppino (74)
Very Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

A good vanilla blend that is easy to keep lit and has a great aroma. I like it when I'm walking around the house and don't have to carry my tamper around with me. A very nice blend.

Thorre Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Thorre (27)

Quality Virginia, lights easily, seems to be flavoured naturally, and it burns clean. Other than that, it was one dimensional. Nothing wrong with it. Not going to win a prize at the fair.

PfeifenRaucher Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PfeifenRaucher (53)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

Good and tastes exactly as advertised: vanilla. Burns dry unlike many American-made vanilla aros. It is also very cheap. Must be sipped slowly though for me or I get just a touch of tongue bite. I have enjoy a few bowls straight but prefer to use it for home blending.

Very Mild Mild Medium Pleasant

This is the Definitely best Vanilla smoke I have tried, the Virginia is top quality and the vanilla tastes dark, deep and creamy, the smoke is not sweet, the tobacco is not heavily cased, it is really well balanced, toasty, mild, and soft on the palate with no bite whatsoever, absolutely delicious.

DUPE.629 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Vanilla Creme.

At least three light's were required to get this show on the road,due to moisture in the tobacco.After that,all future bowl's were smoked after I let the tobacco dry out for at least one hour,before packing my pipe. Right from the first puff you are aware of the vanilla as it hit's your taste bud's full-on. The flavour of vanilla doe's not seem to ease up at all,until 3/4 of the bowl,was smoked. At bowl's end there was a white grey ash left behind and very little goop,so long as you dry out the tobacco first! For new pipe-smoker's and anyone looking for a fairly cool sweetish aromatic,this would most likely suit. For an aromatic 10 out of 10.

ptrthgr8 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ptrthgr8 (6)
Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

I started smoking pipes about a month ago (cigar smoker for over 20 years) and the first tobacco I picked up were Stokkebye blends – 2oz. of Cherry, Nougat, and Vanilla Crème. Got my first pipe earlier that Friday (a Missouri Meerschaum Patriot) and then planned to have an enjoyable weekend with these three blends while awaiting my first smokingpipes.com order that included several other well-reviewed blends and two new pipes. I left a review of the Cherry already (Boo! Hiss!), so I’ll only focus on the Nougat and Vanilla Crème here.

Both the Nougat and Vanilla Crème had very pleasant aromas from the bags – about what I would expect from a flavored tobacco. Definite and clear aromas of vanilla, cream, and generally buttery goodness. I had a really hard time making much of a distinction between the two, although the Nougat may have had a slightly more pronounced toffee flavor. Maybe a tad. It was different from the Vanilla Crème, but not in an obvious way.

Both tobaccos were fairly damp, so I set some of each aside to air out a bit for later in the evening. By the time I got around to each, they were easy to pack, although neither took the charring light right away. But once they were lit they stayed lit and I was able to enjoy a bowl of each over the course of the evening.

I was completely unable to tell the difference between either once they were lit. They both tasted exactly the same: a general sweetness that was rather flat. They didn’t taste terrible… but they also didn’t really wow me at all. The room notes for each were also identical – very mild, but mostly pleasant. There was nothing regrettable about these two, but they were also completely uninspiring.

Part of my smokingpipes.com order included Lane’s RLP-6 and 1-Q. The RLP-6 is a godsend and the 1-Q is close behind. Both of those Lane offerings put the Stokkebye Nougat and Vanilla Crème to shame. After having now sampled a few “real” aromatics, I decided to stuff the Stokkebye Nougat, Vanilla Crème, and Cherry into a single pint jar for an extended stint in the cellar. I’ll try them again in a year or so to see if anything has improved, but I just think there’s a huge difference between the Stokkebye aromatics and the likes of Lane Ltd. RLP-6 and 1-Q, or C&D Monster Mix. After having smoked several bowls of each of those far better aromatics, I really can’t imagine why I’d every go back to the Stokkebye blends.

Pipe Used: Missouri Meerschaum Patriot

Burn = 8

After Taste = 8

Raw Score = 48

Rated Percentage = 80%

Comment = Very Smooth, Mild, a bit of Bite, faint vanilla Flavor, PS-9 is stronger than PS-6 Sweet Vanilla

gladi8tor96 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gladi8tor96 (50)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Pleasant

Pros: Nice leaf, burns well, smokes well, not much bite. No chemical taste. Cons: Not much flavor, a bit flat/one-dimensional.

vmalloc Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
vmalloc (10)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

A bulk vanilla aromatic, with the usual problems. It burns your tongue, smokes fairly hot (burns well mind you), and tends to generate goup. I never got it too hot to get that greasy taste, so that's a point in its favor.

The flavor is pretty good, sometimes it switches to 'psuedo-soapy', but that's not a good description because it's really not that bad. It's not like your mother shoving a bar of soap into your mouth, it just changes flavor a bit, which you could love or hate. I didn't mind it, but I thought I'd point it out since the French Vanilla guys noted something similar.

The leaf is of higher quality than those lane blends, and as a refreshing change in the aromatics world, it actually looks like tobacco. Doesn't go sour or change into burnt maple syrup like the lane 1Q does, and is probably loaded with less crap.

It's a good replacement for the 1Q/Captain Black, but it's not perfect. My search for the perfect vanilla aromatic continues, but until then, this will be my choice.