A flavorful Balkan blend with plenty of latakia right up front.

BrandOwl Shop
Blended ByGeorge Photakis
Manufactured ByOwl Shop of Worcester
Blend TypeBalkan
Strength
Mild to Medium, Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable

3.7
Tom Bombadill Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tom Bombadill (97)

Mmmm. I am smoking a bowl of this as I type. Looking at the bag, there are at least three ribbon cut tobaccos in this blend. This is another nice, classic English mixture. The latakia is very light in this mix. I would say it is lighter than Harkness Tower, the other English I've smoked from the Owl Shop. Despite the light latakia, the flavor is rich which I attribute to some Orientals in the blend.

Overall, this is another great English mix that could be an all day smoke. I would definitely purchase it again and will do so the next time I get to beautiful downtown Worcester, MA!

Pipe Used: Mr Brog cheapo deluxe

Purchased From: Owl Shop- Worcester, MA

Similar Blends: Harkness Tower, Old Dublin, Squadron leader et al.

WilDavis Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
WilDavis (5)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Full Very Pleasant

I'm smoking a fill of "Patterson's" as I write this, and I must admit I think it superior to Harkness Tower (just finished a recent fill of "Harkness" in the same pipe (Falcon)). The Harkness has a sweetness which reminds me slightly of something a bit "Cavendishy" , and I'm not a big fan of Canendish (too sweet for my taste). There is another good baccy from The Owl Shop, named "St John's" which is also very nice! I think I'll try a fill of that to do a direct comparism in the very near future! Thanks again Pam (OS blender) - nice job!

Pipe Used: Falcon

Age When Smoked: 6months to 1 year

Purchased From: The Owl Shop (where else?)

Similar Blends: Harkness Tower, St John's.

Dr. Zoidberg Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dr. Zoidberg (2)
Medium None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Just delicious! To me this is more of a Balkan blend than English blend with the oriental tobaccos forward and not overpowered by the latakia. The shop insists this is "stronger" than Harkness Tower, but I find it more mellow with very little (if any) tongue bite. Regardless, this is a wonderful tobacco from a quality merchant.

Purchased From: Owl Shop, Worcester, Mass.