This powerful Tobacco is packed full of spicy , dirty , leather , almost Cigar like flavours with a big dose of Nicotine . On its own this Tobacco is beautiful young or aged . Great to cool down any hot or fast burning blend . Keeps the flavour until the very end without becoming bitter or acrid .

BrandGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
Blended ByGawith Hoggarth
Manufactured ByGawith Hoggarth
Blend TypeOther
ContentsKentucky
Strength
Extremely Mild
Taste
Medium Extremely Mild Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Gawith Hoggarth Kentucky CC Blending. Here we have a tobacco that is very dark in colour, not as dark as say a neat Latakia but it certainly is darker than most varieties of weed. I get a a very 'fired' smell, it doesn't have the depth of smokiness of straight Latakia but it has a burnt character to it. The mix is made up of some very long strands of tobacco, there are some shorter ones but to my amazement I actually pulled one out that measured four inches in length, crikey! Moisture is a great amount so mine gets smoked straight from the pack and although this is intended as a blending tobacco I have to say I find it quite pleasant unaccompanied! By the nature of what it is don't expect a cornucopia of flavours, remember it's a straight Kentucky! The taste that comes over is similar to a straight Burley with an added smokiness, not as 'smokey' as Lat' but there is evidence of the fire-curing in there. I have read in a few places how this is supposed to be a bit of a powerhouse where nicotine is concerned but to tell the truth I would describe it as medium at the most! I can't find much in the room note, it's not bad but it just seems boring. Right from first light it gives a good burn, a little surprising as from the length of some of the pieces I was expecting a constant battle! This is a pleasant little smoke that scores a decent three stars.

Pipe Used: Rodger Wallenstein Quaich