Blended with the worlds finest quality Golden Red Virginia tobaccos and a full touch of aromatic Black Cavendish. Loose Ribbon cut, Pistachio nut flavor.

Notes: Tobacco Flavor/Aroma: "This lively combination of vanilla and pistachio nut flavors makes for one moderately sweet, mild smoking blend."

BrandPeter Stokkebye

2.3
matthieuduquette Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
matthieuduquette (12)
Very Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant to Tolerable

Stokkebye's Pistachio is a siren that calls you to the rocks. Despite an absolutely superb scent in the bag. Once you get this sweetheart home. You will likely regret not asking for a prenup.

In the bag. Pistachio has a marvelous and unique smell. Lightly sweet and remarkably similar to that of pistachio ice cream. Predominantly made up of Virginia with flecks of black cavendish. The light color adds to the light scent. The moisture content is about perfect as well. With so many things going well at first sight it is so disappointing that this doesn't at least somewhat carry through the rest of the experience.

In the pipe. This does all the right things except for in flavor and strength. Cool and dry smoking and stays well lighted. Yet boring. So very boring. No discernible flavors of anything. No tobacco taste. No casing. Nothing. At least it doesn't taste ashy either. The only taste that ever comes up is about ten minutes after finishing the bowl your mouth may have a slightly sweet aftertaste.

Depending on your packing method you should get a decent smoking time out of it. Yet for what reason? It lasts for me about forty minutes of relatively continuous smoking.

The room note was fairly non-existent as well. A little ashy smelling and the slightest hint of sweetness. The room note vanishes very quickly.

Needless to say that I will not be purchasing Pistachio again. I could smell it all day in the bag but that just isn't enough to keep me coming back for more.

Blue Bayou Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Blue Bayou (59)
Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

No pistachio flavor noted, just a flat & dull flavor. Can't wait to use it all up....

Rodricus Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rodricus (22)
Mild Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

Over the years I´ve tried several Stokkebyes blends. One or two are great, several are good. This one is the only that I regret buying.

I was drawn because of the pistaccio, and payed for it. Not only I have not being able to smell or taste any nutty aroma, let alone pistaccio, but the tobacco has a hard time to be labeled as "aromatic". IMO this is bland and almost insipid. In that regard, that it bites just make things worse.

If you are considering Peter Stokkebye´s tobaccos try other good blends like peaches & cream, nougat, or evening roses.

Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant

I think I'm through sampling aromatics. This one was certainly sweet and nutty and might be a great choice for aromatic fans. It's a clean burner (rare for aromatics) and is true to its name. But again, where's the tobacco taste? Where's the nicotine?

The aromatic lovers in my pipe club will no doubt love me this month because this one's going to be passed around thanks to my generosity. (-;

Smoke_Ring Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note

Burn = 7

After Taste = 7

Raw Score = 45

Rated Percentage = 75%

Comment = Smooth, a bit of a bite, Burned Hot, the casing leaves a little After Taste

Sons of Reagan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sons of Reagan (7)

I tried this one today and it delivered a nice smoke. There was a nutty, kind of salty, smell in the pouch that somewhat resembled pistachio with a touch of vanilla. After packing this into a Radice bulldog, I enjoyed this nice blend with no relights. I picked up the nutty saltiness early and it stayed throughout. The vanilla came in about half way and the sweet and saltiness played back and forth until the very end. I wouldn't puff too hard on this one as I think it could bite a bit if pushed. In all, a very enjoyable smoke that is a nice change of pace for the aromatic fan.

FlatCapMatt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
FlatCapMatt (24)

If I use my imagination I think I can sometimes taste pistachio. I like this blend. Smooth and mild with a nice pleasing room note.

Had to relight several times in my little corn cob. I'll be sad when my 10g sample bag is burned through.

Would buy this again.

Logwood Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Logwood (9)
Very Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I really enjoy this blend, the flavor is exquisite with a very definite nutty, creamy tasting smoke. I generally mix it with a strong Virginia Flake, to give it some extra punch.

fatherDougal Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
fatherDougal (28)
Very Mild Medium Full Very Pleasant

Let me say that I don't generally seek out Aromatics, but I decided that my friends needed to appreciate something in the room besides (what I perceive as) the rich lustre of my usual VaPers, etc, etc.

Walking out of the Post Office I could smell the simmering peach aroma of this tabak breathing out from amongst my other purchases in their shipping box. I couldn't wait to load a bowl with this perfectly humid blend. The smoke is sweetish, but not like comparably priced aromatics that fowl a pipe with syrup. No gloop or girgle here. Just a warm nutty taste like cashews or almonds joining the rich creme of a Jarsberg or an Emmental cheese. Unlit, the topping changes over time, melding into a warm cookie smell that is just plain nice to have in the room. And the aftertaste is very clean. You can enjoy before or after a meal. Not a strong tobbaco, but rich in consistant flavour.

It is Stokkebe's so the price is definitely right, especially if you buy quantity.

grimpeur Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
grimpeur (45)
Mild Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This blend reminds me of Uhle's Old Shoe blend. Like Uhle's use of root beer flavouring to create a harmonious delicious treat, the equally unlikely addition of pistachio flavour to mild, nutty burley just works.

It has always arrived at just the right moisture level for my smoking, goes great in any pipe I've put it in, and it's not expensive. Great stuff!

Hemlock Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hemlock (57)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Tolerable

Pipe: a Georg Jensen Oliver (straight), no filter

I picked up 20 grams at one of my local tobacconists to try it out as my first taste of a Stokkebye blend.

A nicely balanced, mildly aromatic blend providing satisfaction after the smoke. Not too heavily cased, but does come through with a pleasant nutty-vanilla flavour. The first third of the bowl was not as enjoyable as the remainder of the smoke, as the flavour matured and became more interesting with notes of toasted chestnut shells. The pipe hasn't sufficient cake yet, so there maybe some influence here, but,I could not discern a distinctly pistachio flavour--but then again, I don't believe the name of a blend does justice to the flavour qualities of many tobaccos.

Very dry smoke, no bite, and burned almost completely to the bottom of the bowl with only a few relights. No moist dottle whatsoever. Wife judged the room note to be "ok, but still tobacco". I guess this is because of the dominant virginia in the blend. Nonetheless, this is a satisfying smoke that I will probably keep around-if only because I can by a 1/4 oz anytime.

I recommend giving it a try for those who are looking for an aromatic that doesn't have an excessively sweet flavour.

Mild Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Wow! This really tastes like Pistachios! I never in a million years would have thought that it would be possible to make a tobacco taste just like this unique nut, but here it is. This is a nice aromatic as well, with very light characteristics. I find this was worth the price just for the novelty alone. I probably will not buy more however as it is just not my style, and once the novelty of smoking a nut in your pipe wears off, there is just not much to come back to. I imagine this would be a nice change of pace for hardcore aromatic fanciers out there who will not smoke anything else. The flavor is not very sweet ( in fact the Virginias are almost nonexistant) but instead salty- just like a nut!

WxGuy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
WxGuy (95)
Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant

Pistachio is another in a series of aromatics by the blender Peter Stokkebye. Fortunately, this is one that is NOT based on tosated black cavendish. These tend to be the better PS blends, IMO.

Perhaps because this has a nut rather than fruit or honey topping, it is only lightly sweet. The pistachio in not an in-your-face topping, but more of a subtle hint of nuttiness. I personally do not find nut flavors all that appealing in tobacco (e.g., Peterson's Sunset Breeze). Compared to Sunset Breeze, Pistachio is quite mild, both on the tobacco side and on the additive side.

Pistachio is a nice change-of-pace smole every now and again, but not one I will visit frequently.

BriarLaw Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BriarLaw (85)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

I guess tastes change over time. I used to be a diehard Latakia fan and over the years have slowly gravitated to high-end Burley blends. Then, I found myself trying Aromatics as a change of pace.

I generally don't like "sweet" tobaccos because I find they get annoying. Sort of like sucking on a Butterscotch candy for hours on end.

Stokkebye's Pistachio is surprisingly nice. Extremely easy to light and keep lit and smokes dry with no goop. A real pleasure in that regard. The taste is slightly sweet/nutty. Less sweet that Stokkebye's Nougat. Zero bite. You can also taste the Virginias in the background (although this is by no means a Virginia tobacco in the purist sense). And with almost all aromatics, the room aroma is great.

Give this a try. Nothing to not like.

Skilling Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Skilling (80)
Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant

I had no bite.

Gae Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gae (46)
Mild Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

This is a very nice slightly sweet tobacco.It light's well & smoke's clean leaving no goop.It has a nice sweet nutty taste & pleasant aroma. But after a couple of bowl's it bit my tongue. It's worth giving it a go though,as I know some people who just love it & haven't been bitten! In it's class-I'll give it 3 Out of 4 Star's.