Sutliff's match of John Middleton's Cherry Blend.

Blended ByCarl McAllister
ContentsBurley, Cavendish
FlavoringCherry
Strength
Very Mild, Mild to Medium
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
2.0

Either I’ve changed or Middleton improved their cherry blend. It’s better than when I smoked it many years back. The cherry flavor is not strong and you can taste the burley some, more so at the finish when weak cherry flashes off a little. The cavendish in both have a very light honey, grass note. The cherry taste in the Match is a little more obvious, and the nutty burley is a shade less noticeable. The cherry does not burn off at the finish as it does in the original. The original has the same fault it has always had, being bitey when puffed beyond a sipping pace. That is only true of the Match if you go at it like a steam engine trying to outrace Superman. Both have almost no nicotine. The Match burns slightly faster than a moderate pace, fairly cool, and is a smoother smoke with a more pleasant after taste than the original. Hardly leaves any moisture in the bowl, and needs very few relights. An all day smoke. I gave the original one star. This gets two and a half.

-JimInks

Grayskwerl Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Grayskwerl (8)
Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

First off, I have to say I like Middleton's Cherry, but it really, really does not like me. As with many others, MT Cherry bites me horribly. I thought the aroma wonderful, but after a few rounds with MT Cherry, decided it just wasn't worth the risk. - On to Sutliff Cherry match. I was really hoping for MT Cherry (and aroma) without the bite. So far that has been a disappointment. For me, this is a bit cigarette-ish. It isn't horrible, just not what I expected, or was looking for. While I am a big fan of other Sutliff matches, this one (so far) really just isn't doing it for me. I'll try it again it the future, to see if it's one of those blends that grows on you...