PIPA Vanilla Cavendish is a blend of bright Virginia tobaccos, select Black Cavendish, and choice Burley. Just the right amount of vanilla flavor has been added to create a sweet, mellow smoke.

Notes: Received from Pipes and Cigars 2014

BrandScandinavian Tobacco Group (STG)
Blended ByLane Limited
Manufactured ByScandinavian Tobacco Group
FlavoringVanilla
CutMixture
Packaging50g Pouch
Strength
Mild, Medium
Taste
Extremely Mild (Flat), Mild
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
1.0
JimInks (2042)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

The grassy Virginia is mostly M.I.A. as it takes a back seat the other components. The gold cavendish has a few honey notes, and the black cavendish offers vanilla with a cocoa note or two. The vanilla extract topping is kind of syrupy with a watered down flavor. Has virtually no nicotine. Burns a little fast and I would not smoke it fast. The taste is consistent. The after taste is a little acrid. leaves little dampness in the bowl, and needs few relights. An all day smoke.

Kyrob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kyrob (41)
Medium Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

I should note up front that this sample was a year old when I finally tried it, and a year may have made a huge difference. That being stated, opening the jar revealed big ribbons in an even mix of blacks and browns. It was on the drier side with a smell of vanilla and a light scent of old rubber. An unlit sip revealed nothing but it did leave an oily feeling in my mouth and the charring light brought a light whiff of vanilla top note. The overall experience was lackluster. There was very little taste and every so often I would get a hint of vanilla, a bit of a tobacco taste, or a weird chemical taste. There was no tongue bite unless I puffed furiously and sadly I was forced to puff hard to try to get more taste that just wasn’t coming, and so I was continually bitten. The finish is short and the room note is pleasant and that is the two good things I can say about this sample. If you are a fan of a tasteless aromatic that leaves you wanting more, than you should fire up a bowl of this and revel in the experience. I probably should try a fresher sample, but this one year old sample left me completely scarred from trying it again at any age.

Pipe Used: Various