A unique blend of mild Curly Cut and Virginia Cavendish.

BrandCharles Fairmorn
ContentsCavendish, Virginia
CutCurly Cut
Very Mild, Mild, Mild to Medium
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Very Pleasant, Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable

I've not seen this Fairmorn offering in a very long time. I had to go back to my personal notes from the late 1990's to pull up my thoughts and I'd sure like to grab another tin. Think of an Escudo coin in shape, but switch out the Perique center with Black Virginia Cavendish and add a discreet flavoring (my guess is almond extract), and you have Fairmorn's Candlelight blend. A not so complex smoke that is slightly sweeter than an uncased or topped Virginia blend. Not a lot of strength but flavor support with every puff.

Mild Very Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Another tobacco in the grand Danish tradition, albeit from Germany. This tobacco will remind you of pastries and lager beer. It didn't hold my attention for long, however, and I'll be darned if it didn't nip a bit on the relights(of which there were plenty). The presentation brings three nuns to mind. It's high quality and will make some of you very happy.

Zosk Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Zosk (2)

This tobacco is comprised of black Virginia Cavendish (at least it seems to be Virginia to me, it isn?t sticky and doesn?t seem like any burley Cavendish I?ve tried) and dime sized ?disks? of blond Virginia tobacco. I would classify this as a light aromatic as it seems to have a hint of a vanilla flavor on it, and I believe it has been sweetened somehow. That having been said, it doesn?t seem to bite me at all. The flavor is very much a fig/raisin note along with the sweetness. For me the flavor is pretty consistent down the bowl, of course some of the sweetness from the beginning is lost and is replaced by more of a true tobacco note. I would say this is a good tobacco when you want something sweet with a tobacco flavor behind it, but not a lot of additional flavoring.