Tower Bridge is an exceptional blend of black cavendish, golden and red Virginias, mixed with luxury broken flake. This mixture captures the spirit of a Caribbean summer day: aromatic tropical fruits, vanilla and rum bring beach-feeling and will lift your spirits!

BrandRattray
2.5
Meerschaumer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Meerschaumer (7)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

A predominantly golden-coloured Virginia, containing flecks of Black Cavendish, and with a quite mouthwatering orangey, citrusy tin note. When lit, the taste and room-note did not disappoint and proved to be a total delight. Burnt evenly down to the gauze in my bowl, after only one light and lightest of tamps, leaving very little dottle.

Pipe Used: Meerschaum 9mm filter & gauze in bowl.

Purchased From: tobaccoonline.co.uk

Mild to Medium Strong Medium Pleasant

Rattray's - Tower Bridge (Aromatic Collection).

This is the final blend in the Rattray's Aromatic Collection for me to review.

Opening the tin reveals a very interesting blend in appearance: a few broken Virginia flakes, with some black and gold ribbons of various sizes. I have to say, I find it smells highly aromatic: mainly of fruit. I can pipe it imminently as it's neither too wet nor too dry.

It lights easily, and gives a decent enough burn. The smoke isn't too warm: I wouldn't class it as 'cool', but it's not at all hot. And then, apart from the burn, there are a few good qualities: the nicotine's mild to medium and the room-note's pleasant. However, the reason I can't recommend this is because it fails in the main area I pipe for: the flavour of the smoke: I don't get any vanilla, it's a smoke that's dominated by the fruit and rum. I don't find it has any of the flavoursome fruity qualities, there's only the harsh/bitter ones. The rum also increases the sharpness. I can't really comment on the tobacco flavours as they're totally covered by the added tastes. Oh my, this bites: prodigiously hard. I noticed another bad point when halfway through my first bowl I had a pause to go to the shops: this leaves a pernicious aftertaste.

I can see how some folks would really enjoy this, but I don't. If you disagree with my review and write one yourself, please refrain from abruptly criticising my thoughts about Tower Bridge in your review, as everybody differs!

Not recommended.