Blended ByCarl McCallister
FlavoringRum
Strength
Mild to Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Mild to Medium, Medium to Full
Very Pleasant, Tolerable
2.5
littlefield Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
littlefield (11)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Tolerable

With a name like Queen Anne's Revenge one would think of rum, maybe a rum and raisin pirate adventure, but this Jolly Roger flag did not fly. This is one of those tobaccos that I didn't bother finishing off the bowl. No tasty flavors, no Caribbean or Carolina adventures, just nondescript generic tobacco. After some thought blurted to my Dad who was smoking with me that it reminded me of cigarettes and he heartily concurred. We emptied our pipes into the potted bougainvilleas next to us and began to try other tobaccos. Recommended for those who crave a cigarette in a pipe, all other pirates seek your bounty elsewhere.

Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Rum and vanilla are the main flavors. The Virginia is there to tame potential harshness, because you really can't taste it. I get a few burley notes here and there. The rum is very pleasant, and if I had my choice, I'd decrease the vanilla flavor and let the rum shine through more. However, it's very flavorful, though it may require a little dry time. Don't dry it out completely though or you'll risk losing some flavor. It's more of a three and half star blend, but I give it four because I like it too much to give it three.