This blend of fine, mellow Burley, sweet Virginias and smooth, rich steamed black Cavendish is nicely finished with all the flavors that go into the summertime treat. It's not too sweet or heavy, just right for enjoying on these sultry summer days.
Blended ByRuss Ouelette
FlavoringCherry, Vanilla
Mild, Mild to Medium, Strong
Mild to Medium, Medium, Full
TXBulldog Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TXBulldog (67)

This tobacco provided a nice smoke experience . The blend allows the tobacco to work through and let you know you're not indulging in an over-the-top gooped aro. With that said, the tobacco mixture is fairly straight forward. The smoke came alive as it burned down increasing it's sweet tone. A faint, very faint cherry type nuance came and went. Wish it would have held and stuck around just a little more. The tobacco has a nice room note others will enjoy. This tobacco to me is kind of a tweener - it had its moments when it was really good, but would lose me from time to time. It has enough interest and enough nuance and flavor to give it a shot - so I would definitely recommend it. The more I smoke it the more I like it. It may just make its way to four stars.

Pipe Used: Rossi, Red Point, La Strada, Cob

Age When Smoked: 3-6 mos

Purchased From: P&C

Gripsholm Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gripsholm (22)
Very Mild Strong Full Very Pleasant

For me Ice Cream Sundae has a tin note that is predominantly chocolate with a cherry background. Very much like a dark chocolate cherry cordial. I know that Mr. Ouelette has a blend named Cherry Cordial, however this review is for Ice Cream Sundae.

The flavor of this remarkable blend is actually better than the tin note. I would call this tobacco a three flavor trifecta. On one puff I would taste the chocolate, and maybe the next puff I would taste cherry, and then maybe the next I would taste vanilla. I never knew what flavor I was going to taste next. It was a really pleasant, relaxing, and delightful smoke.

The tobacco is not sticky to the touch. I smoked it slow and easy, it stayed lit the entire time, I didn’t experience any pipe gurgle, and it smoked down to a fine gray ash.

It might be interesting to compare Mr. Ouelette’s Ice Cream Sundae blend to his Cherry Cordial blend, I’m kind of curious what the difference may be.

In conclusion, if you like chocolate, cherry, and vanilla flavors, then I would highly recommend Ice Cream Sundae.

Pipe Used: Briar

Purchased From: Pipes &

From Etten Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
From Etten (22)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Average ribbon-cut VaBur + Cav is a guess plus a perfect aroma that grows into a long smoking fragrance bouquet. Oh Ye, unlock the secret of these blends. After the char, even unlit, the fragrance on top of the bowl is exceptional, and continues when lit to the end. Relight pauses let the nose get some more good waft where there was no smoke to be seen. Every month this blender sends me his samples and what a privilege it is to determine which is best. Exceed sipping-the-embers-pace at your peril. An exceptional blend and quality of tobacco. Roasty, mellow, tasty, satisfying. 4 Star. (The room note rates high according to wife – I smoked this bowl atop my horse as I chatted with friends on the ground, my one leg wrapped around the saddle horn, the other in the stirrup – yep, smoked my pipe to the fullest of enjoyment after roping steers).

Pipe Used: Tsuge briar, Barbi Hilson, Greek briar

Age When Smoked: fresh bag

Purchased From: Pipes&

Similar Blends: Russ Ouellette Pipe of the Month Master Blends.