This delicious double Burley blend is smooth and flavorful with a nutty taste and natural sweetness.

BrandD & R Tobacco
Taste
Highlander Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Highlander (6)
Mild to Medium None Detected Medium Strong

If you are a burley fan, then this is straight burley without embellishment. Smell out of the tin is delightful. It requires only a bit of drying right out of the tin and has a nice rough cut. Lots of smoke with a dryish, solid flavor. It smokes down to ash though, depending on how you pack it, it can require several relights.

I enjoy it, not as an everyday smoke, but as a solid jolt of burley when I'm in the mood.

Pipe Used: Various

Medium to Strong None Detected Mild Pleasant

I'm not sure what "Double Burly" means in the TRC descriptive, but it certainly is all burly in looks, appearance and taste. Quite nutty and quite strong; this is a fast burning tobacco that I think would be a power boost to other blends if used with a light touch. It does not really impart anything but a Burly flavor and may easily absorb the flavor of other types of leaf. I'm going to give that a try. I liked Two Timer, and my only advice is to puff this one slowly.

Pipestud

Gothicmace Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gothicmace (16)

While exploring my recent fasination with shag cut tobacco, I came up on Daughters & Ryan blends. After reading the first review here on Two Timer, I decided to try both the regular and gold with my next order from P&C. I am happy to say that this was a great discovery. The regular Two Timer is fantastic.. what I would envision as a blend shared around a camp fire with a strong cup of cook stove coffee while Generals viewed the maps of the current Civil War campaign. Straight forward blend but with a good amount of body and natural burley flavor. I then tried the TT Gold which has just a bit of Virginia added for a bit more sweetness. This along with the regular have become my planned and anticipated first pipe of the day. It is hard to pick between the two.. so some days I just immediately fill up a second bowl with the sister blend and go back out on my front porch and enjoy the morning and my pipe and coffee. I find this to just be a great morning blend and the Gold is great as a good all day non flavored non nonsense smoke as well. Two Thumbs up. If you have never tried this, you owe it to yourself to get a few ounces and enjoy. Happy Smoking Cheers Mike

Pipe Used: MM County Gent & Dr. G Omega

Age When Smoked: 1 month

Purchased From: Pipes & Cigars

Similar Blends: Two Timer and Two Timer Gold are in a league all of there own. This is good stuff!!.

JimInks (2040)

The burley is toasty, woody, and very nutty with a little cocoa. While it may be used as a RYO, it’s does well as a pipe tobacco product with a mild to medium nicotine punch. Puffed at a moderate rate, it’ll mostly keep its flavor and not get harsh. Puffed fast, it’ll have some cigarette notes, possibly a little loss of flavor and a hint of a harsh note. It won't bite. Has no casing or topping. Burns fast, but not hot, and clean with a consistent flavor as it easily burns to ash. Leaves almost no moisture in the bowl, and requires very few relights. Has a nice after taste. An uncomplicated all day smoke that does even better with a light hydration.