A blend of fine Virginias, mellow Burley, and black Cavendish, Orlik's Club Mixture is composed to provide a slow-burning, naturally sweet smoke with a pleasing room note.

Notes: US release in 2014

Mild, Medium
PC Plod Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PC Plod (54)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

You're in luck here if you like Davidoff Danish Mixture. Because Orlik Club Mixture is practically identical, but costs half the price.

What you get is a Virginia-forward light aromatic combined with burley and small amounts of black cavendish. Instead of the maple casting found in Davidoff Danish, the flavouring here tends more toward coffee and perhaps milk chocolate, though it's very light. Only a suggestion really.

Like Davidoff Danish, the hallmark of Orlik Club Mixture is subtlety, a pleasing light fragrance, and solid tobacco satisfaction and flavour. It made only a small impression at first, but got steadily more satisfying and delicious the more I smoked it.

The room note and sidestream smoke are mouth-watering, reminiscent of caramelised sugars wafting from your typical Belgian waffle stand.

Pipe Used: Savinelli 315 EX

Purchased From: Online vendor

Similar Blends: Davidoff - Danish Mixture.

Cumarinophil Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Cumarinophil (104)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium Pleasant

Orlik Club Mixture provides a colorful mix of Virginia, Burley and Black Cavendish in different cuts, including some ready rubbed. There is no imminent smell of a topping detectable to me and it seems like only the BC was cased in the process of making it. I got a nicely balanced, very pleasant blend of tobaccos in taste. The casing does provide some creaminess to it, very subtle and not to compare with modern high aromatics. This is more a Danish classic in type.

Too much heat lets it bite and produce a little moisture at the bottom. I find the Club Mixture not spectacular, but it is an honest and solid smoke that just feels right. For just a tad more casing try the Mellow Mixture (beige/fawn pouch).

Similar Blends: Sweet Dublin Loose Mixture and Double Mixture, Stanwell Jubilee, Mac Baren Original Choice.

Orlik-Club Mixture. Although it says it's a ribbon the pouch contains more of a mixture of different cuts, some ribbon, some small shaggy bits and some little clumps of flake. The flakes are not of a size to require rubbing out, they are fine to 'stuff and puff' but they are still tiny flake pieces. The aroma that comes across is a bit deceiving, it smells a lot more aromatic than the smoke tastes! Straight from the sealed pouch it's ready to smoke. Once lit it's a very relaxing smoke. I can't really identify the added flavour as vanilla exactly but the smoke has a mild, sweet, creamy quality to it. Due to the creaminess I think the ultimate accompaniment would be a glass of Irish cream liqueur! This burns even giving off a fairly cool smoke. On the negative side it can bite a little but that's eradicated if it's sipped a little. I find the vanilla flavour becomes a little more pronounced after the first half of the bowl has been smoked, it still has a mild quality but is more identifiable as being vanilla. I find the nicotine to be quite mild in Club Mix', I think it would be a great blend to begin the pipe smoking hobby with. I don't agree with the term aromatic being used for this, there is a tiny amount of added flavour but not enough to warrant the term 'aromatic' being employed. Although there are a few tiny issues it still deserves full marks. Four stars.

Pipe Used: Peterson Sherlock Holmes

Purchased From: The Danish Pipe Shop

Grumpynuts Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Grumpynuts (8)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Love it as a daily smoke. I tend to smoke hard and never got a bite from this one. Fairly strong chocolate notes for me. I am not an aromatic fan but this one has enough other enjoyment for me that I love it, particularly the room note. I plan to get more tins at my next opportunity.

Pipe Used: Briar and Cob

Age When Smoked: My age or the tobacco?

Purchased From: Pipes and Cigars online, I think

From Etten Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
From Etten (22)

Long thin-cut ribbon nicely tinned (couldn’t open tin with my quarter). Nice semi-aro quality blend for slip stream and bowl note. Easy draw and enjoyable sipping until ½ bowl then 5 hiccups (nicotine indicator) so I give this a 2 star. Am thinking up to this point I could have made this quality blend part of my rotation, so then I changed my mind.

Pipe Used: Tsuge briar, Greek briar