BrandJapan Tobacco
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor, Caramel, Other / Misc
Packaging50g pouch, 100g Tin
Extremely Mild
Medium Extremely Mild Medium to Full Pleasant

Wow! Just for fun, I purchased a tin of that Japanese tobacco, Momoyama, a couple of months ago. I popped the tin tonight and am in absolute heaven! It is short, ribbon cut with some cubes that are almost black. Most of the leaf is dark and the smell in the tin is of ripe figs and some kind of alcohol with a very slight Perique smell as well. The wrapper has turned a musky brown in color from whatever the additive is in this stuff along with the unusually dark bits of cube cut. It is strong in nicotine content and is certainly a heavy rather than light blend. The taste is more sweet than bitter, and it burns as cool as any Virginia/Burley I've ever smoked. I know the description does not include Burley, but I detected a hint of that leaf during the smoke. At the midway point of the bowl, I detected a hint of Perique, but it was so far in the background that it was hardly noticeable. Near the bottom of the bowl, no doubt about it -- Perique. I looked at to check out what others had to say here. Anyway, every reviewer considered this blend to be exemplary. I guess this is a sleeper pick because I have not heard much about this Japanese tobacco but it is simply wonderful and unique. I don't know when the last time was that I enjoyed a new tobacco as much as this stuff.