Rough sketch on the tin of a colonial era ideal of an East Indies location

Notes: Brand New

BrandSolani
FlavoringMango
Packaging50g Tin, tin Pouch
CountryUnknown
Strength
Mild, Medium
Taste
Medium, Medium to Full
Pleasant to Tolerable, Tolerable to Strong
2.5
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

My review will stand in stark contrast to the other review as I am only the second one yet to review this blend. I will start by saying that I am not a big aro smoker, but do enjoy some occasionally. What I choose to smoke when that occasion grips me, I am very particular about. Their are only a few I truly enjoy. This one, so far, is either at the top or tied with Gawith's Coconut Twist.

They are both so dissimilar their is room for both. On to the review and to my surprise that I even like this at all. I typically don't like a heavily topped aromatic and, make no mistake, this one is. The aroma is heavy in the beginning and doesn't really leave, but does get lighter as the smoke goes on.

So how can I like it so much? This leaf has some great body underneath the topping. I think the burley is of high quality and really carries this one. As previously stated, I am no aro fanatic and I ripped through this tin in no time. Where does all of this fall with my recommendation?

I highly recommend this to both the Aromatic fanatic and the occasional aromatic smoker. This is rare for me to do as I find these two groups have distinct tastes. The former preferring the sweet air highly topped blends and the latter with the lighter topped blends that let the underlying leaf shine. This is both a heavily topped blend that lets the underlying leaf shine. It is not a common thing and as such, I highly recommend it with four aromatic stars.

Pipe Used: various

runamuck Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
runamuck (5)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Tolerable to Strong

Unripe mango, with a sour bitterness. The tobacco mild and ashy with no flavor, like smoking a flavored cigarette. I've smoked a lot of hookah's from heaven to please kill me all over the middle east. I put this tobacco as the very worst of the 'good' tobacco i've ever had. It really saddened me because it smelled so good, just like one of my favorite sheeshas I only get to smoke when I am in the middle east. It was so bad I had to eat a bowl of kimchi from a local Korean family to rid my mouth of the taste. I will age it a bit more and try it other pipes so look for updates. I really hope it gets better.

Pipe Used: My great grandfather's meerschaum billiard

Purchased From: smoking pipes

Similar Blends: Cheap sheesha.