Rough sketch on the tin of a colonial era ideal of an East Indies location

Notes: Brand New

BrandSolani
FlavoringMango
Packaging50g Tin, tin Pouch
CountryUnknown
Strength
Mild, Medium
Taste
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

The black cavendish is just noticeable. The Virginia is grassy sweet while the burley, which stands out a little more than the other two components, is nutty and earthy sweet. The high quality mango topping is deep and rich in flavor, and mostly hides the tobaccos. Sweet and sour, there are no chemical notes or any syrupiness in the mango, nor does the taste weaken at any time. Burns at a moderate rate, and leaves very little moisture in the bowl. No bite or dull spots. I give it three stars for my personal taste, but being that this is the best mango flavored aromatic that I have so far tried, it gets four stars.

Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

My review will stand in stark contrast to the other review as I am only the second one yet to review this blend. I will start by saying that I am not a big aro smoker, but do enjoy some occasionally. What I choose to smoke when that occasion grips me, I am very particular about. Their are only a few I truly enjoy. This one, so far, is either at the top or tied with Gawith's Coconut Twist.

They are both so dissimilar their is room for both. On to the review and to my surprise that I even like this at all. I typically don't like a heavily topped aromatic and, make no mistake, this one is. The aroma is heavy in the beginning and doesn't really leave, but does get lighter as the smoke goes on.

So how can I like it so much? This leaf has some great body underneath the topping. I think the burley is of high quality and really carries this one. As previously stated, I am no aro fanatic and I ripped through this tin in no time. Where does all of this fall with my recommendation?

I highly recommend this to both the Aromatic fanatic and the occasional aromatic smoker. This is rare for me to do as I find these two groups have distinct tastes. The former preferring the sweet air highly topped blends and the latter with the lighter topped blends that let the underlying leaf shine. This is both a heavily topped blend that lets the underlying leaf shine. It is not a common thing and as such, I highly recommend it with four aromatic stars.

Pipe Used: various

GFGraham Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
GFGraham (3)

The tin note was wonderful, very light and fruity with mango dominating. For someone like me who dislikes the flowery smell of many aromatics, this was a welcome change. Using the fold and stuff method, I loaded up my Meerschaum with tobacco straight from the tin with no drying time. The tobacco lit easily. The smoke was light and the flavors were subtle. No bite to speak of and it burned very nearly to the bottom. And it left a pleasant 'moustache note' as well. I'm a fan of stronger tobaccos, but this is one aromatic I can imagine smoking almost every day. Into the rotation it goes!

Pipe Used: Meerschaum

runamuck Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
runamuck (5)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Tolerable to Strong

Unripe mango, with a sour bitterness. The tobacco mild and ashy with no flavor, like smoking a flavored cigarette. I've smoked a lot of hookah's from heaven to please kill me all over the middle east. I put this tobacco as the very worst of the 'good' tobacco i've ever had. It really saddened me because it smelled so good, just like one of my favorite sheeshas I only get to smoke when I am in the middle east. It was so bad I had to eat a bowl of kimchi from a local Korean family to rid my mouth of the taste. I will age it a bit more and try it other pipes so look for updates. I really hope it gets better.

Pipe Used: My great grandfather's meerschaum billiard

Purchased From: smoking pipes

Similar Blends: Cheap sheesha.