The 1982 Centennial blend celebrates our family’s 100-year anniversary in the tobacco business and I believe you will truly enjoy this mixture. The 1982 is a slow burning mixture, comprised of golden Virginias, sweet and soft mild Black Cavendish, light Burleys and blended with small plugs of navy flake to ease the burning. French vanilla and Black Berry top dressing is added as a final step, creating an outstanding room note and a distinctive taste experience.

BrandErik Stokkebye
ContentsBurley, Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringBlackberry
Packaging1.4oz Tin
Strength
Very Mild, Mild
Extremely Mild, Mild to Medium
Taste
Extremely Mild (Flat), Very Mild
Very Pleasant, Tolerable
2.0
Old6String Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Old6String (21)
Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Tolerable

I was really looking forward to trying this after enjoying 1957 so well. Unfortunately it just didn't live up to my own hype. I will finish this tin but will not purchase any more. It was just too flat on taste and never really opened up throughout the entire bowl. Big letdown; maybe try bumming a bowl from someone instead of buying a whole tin.

Update 1/4/15. After drying a little in the tin for a few weeks this has improved ever so slightly. The blackberry peeked through a little more but not much vanilla. Will be fair and move to 2 stars but will finish the tin and order no more.

Pipe Used: Peterson Killarney

Age When Smoked: Fresh tin

Purchased From: J&R Tobacco while road tripping

Very Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

When I recently ordered the complete line of 4th Generation blends this was the one I tried first. Mainly because I could not recall ever having smoked a true blackberry aromatic. For some reason, blends with fruit extract all seem similar to me and I have trouble telling the flavors apart - unlike my jams and preserves on my morning toast - anyway, I didn't taste the vanilla in this one but I did taste the fruit. Typically Danish in flavor and very remindful of a few of the Danish blends on the market today. Very light in strength, by the way.

Pipestud