Rough cut Burley & Bright with a nut like flavor. Our coolest burning blend.

BrandGatlin-Burlier
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
DoctorThoss Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DoctorThoss (146)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I've been smoking this stuff on and off since I first picked up a pipe in 1990. It's easily the Gatlin-Burlier's best aromatic, even if it just barely qualifies as such. Aside from Smokies Smoke Ease or their straight burley, this is GB's most naturalistic product. It's flavored, but just barely. I can't tell what precisely the top note here is, but it adds sweetness and cranks up the "nutty" flavors of the burley a hundredfold. But it's not your normal aromatic in any other way. There is no black cavendish or goop of any sort, and the blend looks, feels and smokes like Prince Albert or Carter Hall. In fact, If you like OTC burlies like those I just mentioned, then I would highly recommend this stuff to you.

Similar Blends: Prince Albert, Carter Hall, SWR.

Haebar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Haebar (47)

This is the second Gatlin-burlier blend that I have tried and I am very impressed by both of them. Newfound Blend is made with a high grade of tobacco as evidenced by visual inspection but also by burning characteristics and lots of natural tobacco flavor. I have had at least three bowls of it in different pipes in order to evaluate it fairly. It reminds me of the Prince Albert or Velvet tobacco blends, but better. It smokes very smooth and without a bite. It is a very subtle aromatic with lots of good tobacco taste and that doesn't get tiring even bowl after bowl. Newfound blend is not a complex tobacco, but is quality through and through.

Pipe Used: Sunrise, Captain Black, Savinelli

Purchased From: The Gatlinburlier

Similar Blends: Velvet, Prince Albert.