A selection of Golden and Orange Virginias with natural sweetness, blended with mild Black Cavendish provides evening treasure a pleasing color contrast.

BrandPeter Stokkebye
ContentsVirginia, Black Cavendish
Strength
Taste
Very Mild, Mild
2.3
Skilling Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Skilling (80)

Now this is a very good Black Cav / Virginia blend!

The smell from the can is real pleasant. I can't put my finger on it though. Maybe a cognac or a liquor (very slight).

Upon smoking, I receive a peppery spice as dominate and a fruity cognac (orange?) coming thru at times with just the right balance. This lasts 3/4's the way down; until the sweet VAs kick in for an 1/8th and then the Black Cav finishes up the last.

All in all, this is a very mild smooth smoke with an aroma that is a crowd pleaser. A good party smoke where the "antis" would be comfortable. My wife says that it reminds her of another tobacco I smoke called, "Skilling".

Also, there is no bite, not even a sting. I could probably smoke this all day with no trouble. There's nothing wrong with this tobacco at all!...... ..... It really intrigues me.

This is a "very big" upgrade if your a candy smoker wanting to explore.

*07/13/03: Advised that this blend is no longer made.

Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

I think my review will lean more toward NEWMAN and Skilling regarding Evening Treasure. But, I also agree with lustra that this is a rather dull aromatic without much punch.

I enjoy light aromatic blends every now and then, and eagerly try new stuff when in the mood. I knew Evening Treasure was one of Stokkebye's higher quality tinned offerings. So, I gave it an opportunity to please me a couple of weeks ago.

This tobacco was -- not surprisingly -- very moist. It also had a typical light Danish Virginia flavor with a hint of some type of alcoholic beverage I couldn't identify. ET will not bite and is quite sweet. (Hey, just like the cute little fellow in the movie!)

lustra Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
lustra (170)
Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

Evening Treasure is another of those "better than drugstore" aromatics that smokes dry, leaves no dottle, and is as dull as tap water. In the aromatic vein, I much prefer Sail Natural, Sail Green, and the upstart (and absurdly named) McClelland Mellow Mack. This blend must have been created by committee.

One of Stokkebye's 'First Choice' selections and it deserves to be in this class. Sweet and mild but without a heavy casing. Orange Virginias with much mild black cavendish which yields a hint of spice. Uniform, cool burn with a gentle flavor and great aroma. No bite even if smoked rapidly. This can be an all day smoke for me.