Full-bodied and Latakia-laden, Balkan Supreme combines the aforementioned with fine Orientals and Virginias with black Cavendish and Turkish Samsun to produce an award-winning smoke

Notes: Purchased from

Blended ByScandinavian Tobacco Group
Manufactured ByScandinavian Tobacco Group
Blend TypeBalkan
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia

cobacco Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cobacco (52)
Mild to Medium None Detected Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

A sweet Balkan with lots of flavor! Bag note = Balkan + Dark Chocolate. Moisture level = ready to smoke. Charring light and initial flavor is a basic Balkan. As the bowl warms, the sweetness and flavor build. Flavor is fantastic to the bottom of the bowl. This is almost a shag cut and there was no junk; 100% good tobacco! 2 ounces will fill a pint jar. Very nice pipe manners... cool, no bite, and clean. Smokes to an almost nonexistent ash. N level is medium-. I think most folks will adore this stuff, as long as they're expecting the sweet flavor of the blend. I'm glad I tried Arango Super Balkan and will surely keep a regular supply. Put it on the shelf between Balkan Sasieni and C&D Super Balkan. Happy smoking. Hope this review is helpful.

Pipe Used: Stanwell 9mm Featherweight

Age When Smoked: Fresh Bulk

Purchased From: smokingpipes

mooncycles Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mooncycles (2)
Very Mild Very Mild Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Quite a unique Balkan blend. The interplay here between Black Cavendish, Latakia, Orientals, and Virginia is endlessly fascinating and tasty! No bite for me at any smoking speed. This is currently in a rotation including McClelland No.1 Grade Balkan, GL Pease Odyssey, Peter Stokkebye English Oriental Supreme, and Cornell & Diehl Super Balkan. This is hands down my preferred smoke! Hazy memories of Balkan Sobranie from the Seventies aside (I have only come back to pipe smoking in the last 6 months), this is the best Balkan I've experienced thus far! It's available in bulk! I've read a lot of reviews here of cheaper Balkans which lack depth and/or complexity. I suspect that this one will satisfy many! :-)

Pipe Used: Falcon Coolway 24

Purchased From:

point9 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
point9 (81)

I will say this is a typical Balkan with sweet, sour and creaming taste, but not complicated and a little rough on the edge. Two and half stars if take the price into consideration. The bulk price is a charm.

Mild to Medium None Detected Medium to Full Pleasant

Who are these , "Arango Guys ?" , I only see ONE blend listed on this site, but it's a good one. It seems in 2009, "Arango Cigar", bought the rights to "Buteras" line which includes: Butera’s Royal Vintage produced by McClelland , Esoterica and Specialty families of tobaccos, which include the Kingfisher blend produced by JF Germain and Peter Stokkebye, Ltd., of Denmark makes the Pelican . Maybe, we in America, should be blaming Arango for the poor supply of these very convoluted manufacturing and distribution practices of these fine blends ?

This blend, "Balkan Supreme" , was chosen as the "Best English Blend 2014 at the Chicago Pipe Show" . It's a creamy well balanced Balkan blend, that needs 3 months in a mason jar to bring out its best. . The blend has a nice balance with the Latakia, is smooth and has an easy to work with " Dunhill like" ribbon cut. The Virginias are behind the Orientals , not a real sweet smoke but not bitter or sour either, the Cavendish is hard to find. Mild to medium "N". A great all day smoker or as an" in between" heavier offerings, ( I really like this feature). I've tried this as a morning smoke but it didn't have the kick I needed for my first smoke of the day ( slightly less than my usual EMP) .. Nice sweet oak fragrance when French Inhaled in little wisps brings out the touch of Samsun Oriental.

I've ordered more, so it gets 4 stars.

Pipe Used: cob

Purchased From: Bulk-

Similar Blends: Maybe Dunhill Aperitif ?.

Knightsmoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Knightsmoker (78)
Mild to Medium None Detected Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

This is a superb Balkan blend! Lat. is there and it is earthy, smokey, a little leather. It competes with the Orientals as which is dominate. Sometimes it is at others they are. The Orientals are musky, perhaps a little floral too with a note of spice. The VA's are a sweet base. There is a creaminess about the smoke as well. But what is important here is what I don't taste. Often a black Cavendish gives a prominent brown sugar note. But I don't get that here. I have to say this is by far and away the best Balkan blend that includes Cav. that I have tried and that includes Black House too. A very good blend that seems overlooked and reminds me new of Peter Stokkebye's Balkan Supreme when it was new.