BnB Tobacco

A characteristic English Mixture, developed from mellow Georgian Virginias, Black Cavendish, Mexican Burleys and Cyprian Latakia, a classic. Mild to medium strength.

BrandPeter Stokkebye
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley, Latakia, Virginia
Where to Buy BnB Tobacco
Strength
Extremely Mild
Taste

3.1
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Tolerable to Strong

This is one of those easy smoking English/Scottish blends. I really enjoy it and it is quite the bargain as well. It has a sweetener added to it, but I don't know whether it is topped cased in whole or if just some of the Cavendish or burley is treated in such a way, but there is something sugary to this blend, to my tastes, perhaps a bit of vanilla.

Unlike other blends of this sort the sweetness does not stand in stark contrast to the smoky Latakia. Rather it compliments it in a nice way. The Latakia is also present and is not hiding at all. Of this sort of blend this is one of the better that I have tried. I would put this in the company of Bald headed teacher and distinguished gentleman, but better than those two.

I recommend this for what it is, but would probably highly recommend it for someone just venturing into Lat blends. Also highly recommended to anyone on a budget as it is quite the bargain.

Purchased From: B & M in Dudee Michigan

Similar Blends: Bald Headed Teacher.

Plex Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Plex (39)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant

Lesser in Latakia than Proper English and English Oriental Supreme. Sweeter but not cloying in any way. Nice for a change of pace

Tudval Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tudval (18)
Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

The addition of cavendish makes for a slightly sweeter and more aromatic smoke than the English Oriental Supreme. Sometimes it's exactly what I want. Always a pleasant smoke. It's also very mild (no tongue bite), and leaves a very nice room note. My wife loves it. This may just be the best deal in bulk tobacco out there. Not the most exhilarating perhaps, but very very well done.

Update: I bought a pound of this and it's a quite different than my first sample. Less sweet and more subdued aroma. More bite. I liked the first batch more, so I am downgrading it to 3 stars to average out.

KinnScience Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
KinnScience (29)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild Tolerable

This is a very mild blend, basically an English, with the addition of Burley in greater amounts, which tends to create a slightly different flavor than the standard English blend. I'm going to state that many blends that do not list the burley content, actually have some burley in it, (I believe Greg Pease will agree with me on this, but don't hold me to it), particularly those that list a "cavendish". While English Cavendish is supposed to be made from VA, the word cavendish can mean either burley or VA, or a combination of both, and defines more of a process than a particular tobacco. . Anyway, oftentimes most of the "aromatic" component in a blend come from the all encompassing "cavendish" which can be cased a bit heavy before processing, particularly when an inexpensive burley is used.. though not always. Anyway, this blend actually has a decent content of Burley, outside of any that may be present in the form of the cavendish component. I don't know the exact formula but I would wager the burley content is relatively significant. The good thing about Burley is that in proper amounts, it can add a pleasant foundation to the blend, while taking on some of the characteristics of the other tobaccos, but too much can actually reduce the dimensional aspects of the blend. This blend balances the burley content nicely with the Lat/VA, but there is some domination over the VA to a small extent. I am smoking a 5 year old sample from one of my jars, so the fact that the Latakia is pushed a bit too far to the back during presentation may be in part due to the age (Lat can mellow with age) of this tobacco, and there is some loss of complexity due both to the age, and to the fact that it is aged with burley which tends to absorb, for lack of a better term, some of the complexities of a blend over time. Still, there is a subtle nutty and sweet flavor with a small woody element to the smoke, which would likely be more notable if the blend had not been aged. The blend smokes cool and dry, though the burley can offer a bit of a alkalai burn if puffed too vigorously. Very few relights needed, but as there seems to be some humectant present, some drying may be needed. I don't recommend aging this tobacco. Buy it in amounts that you will use within a 6 month period.

Pipe Used: GBD

thomasanswered Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
thomasanswered (11)
Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant

While others suggest this as a first English, it was, as it so happened, my first English, obtained in bulk. It was well loved through many bowls until overtaken by the stronger, more latakia- laden blends. Good for its purpose, there is no going back, so be warned before picking up the 965 or the Nightcap.

Feetup Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Feetup (17)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

Very nice, light English blend. Minimal if no casing detected which may account for the slight harshness of the smoke. It's mild, flavoursome and pleasurable. It's reasonably complex and a nice blend of Cavendish, burly and latakia, leaving a nice smoky, earthy taste. Nicotine is minimal. It burns to a nice grey ash, packs and burns well and no bite. The room note is tolerable. Smoked in a Peterson Dublin 999. 3/5 stars

Rusticsmoke90 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rusticsmoke90 (6)
Medium to Strong Very Strong Extra Full Very Pleasant

English luxury by Peter Stokkebye is one of those stumbled-upon treasures. Just yesterday, I took a trip to the smoke shop and perchased a medico pipe. I just had to buy some tobaccos. One of these was English luxury. The store owner said that this blend was one of her highest selling tobaccos. When I got home, I started working on Calculus problems and smoking this English luxury. I noticed something unsusual about this blend. It had a smokey aroma to it which reminded me of going through the Sweat lodge ceremony with my uncle (who is now the chief or tribal chairman of the Potowatomi). For my Native American family members, pipe tobacco is a very important aspect of thier lives. Most of the tobaccos I am familiar with are the aromatics found in grocery stores. Compared to English luxery, none of those blends compare to this favored blend. It leaves a very pleasant room note. The taste is stonger than any tobacco I have tried. Out of all of the blends I've tried I would recommend this blend to anyone who needs an enjoyable smoke. I have found my holy grail!

Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

A very pleasant bulk English, and very inexpensive as well. I do believe there is a bit of sweetener in this, but it is very discreet and is no hindrance to enjoyment.

The good Rev. Rizzo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The good Rev. Rizzo (24)

So I've read about this blend a good bit. From other favorable reviews this seemed to be just my ticket. As it turns out it is. The leaf is a nice consistent cut with a bright variety of colors. Not the usual English oily black. The Virginias look great against the Burley and Latakia. The smell out of the bag is a pleasant smokey aroma. All tobacco leaf here, no garbage stems and such. My first batch required quite a bit of drying but this was due to the tobacconist. He keeps it almost to the point of soaking wet. Needless to say I won't be going back. After hours of plate drying I packed a full bowl in a Peterson Kinsale XL15. It has a nice initial light with a very traditional English flavor. The Burley adds a nice full billow of smoke which I find particularly enjoyable. Burning through I felt like I was rushing the smoke. I really enjoyed the natural sweet taste. I didn't have much complexity to the taste. Once in a while I picked up a touch of a peppery zing. Mainly just a sweet creamy flavor. I felt as though it was enjoyable through. Not a tremendous nicotine hit by my standards. I really like this blend just about any time of the day. Perfect with a full dark roast coffee.

Pipe Used: Peterson Kinsale XL15

Age When Smoked: 1year

Purchased From: King Beaver Cigar

Mild Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant

thomasanswered wrote pretty much what I was going to say. I've moved on to stronger blends. This is a good starter blend.

Tplumm Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tplumm (21)
Medium Mild Medium Tolerable

I would rate this at the highest mark if the playing field were leveled to include only English blends. I do not prefer English blends, but occasionally get struck by a mood for one. When the mood strikes this is my standby. There are some complexities you will pick up on even as a novice to English blends (but enough for the seasoned English smoker as well), and latakia burns coolest of all tobaccos, so all combined this is an overall pleasurable experience. My local tobacconist says this isn't a blend for married folk, as wives often despise the smell of latakia.

pipeofbriaropenfire Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pipeofbriaropenfire (9)
Mild Very Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

A good Latakia blend for the first timer. Very mild and easy to smoke. I may get it again if I tire of Frog Morton.

William88Briar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
William88Briar (3)
Mild Very Mild Medium to Full Pleasant

I highly enjoyed this blend! Everything about this English blend came in perfect! The Latakia did not over power the sweet taste of the virginias and cavendish. And yet was still very present. Will be a blend I go and get a whole lot more of to stock away.i have a feeling this will be even better with a few years under it's belt

TK Pipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TK Pipe (101)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Tolerable

PS- Lux.English… First off, I personally view anything that attempts to over enhance the flavor/taste of my beloved Virginias or burleys blends unnecessary, and I smoke such blends, more or less as novelty or when I want change. When the flavor enhancer is a sweetener the blend is called an aromatic, where the enhancer is latakia it's called an English blend, same effect as I see it. For me, I personally prefer both enhancers kept to minimum, where they enhance the base tobaccos not bury them. Also IMO the latakia in this blend goes beyond the enhancement level, and is pretty much the major player in LE's taste and aroma. With that said, I do keep some LE on hand for those times when something different is called for, but if you prefer as I do, a dominant burly/Virginia taste and aroma, keep in mind that this tobacco (at least IMO) has a latakia dominant taste. Only somewhat recommended for those that prefer there tobacco blends more (USA) traditional.

jediokie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jediokie (6)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Tolerable

I mentioned on a pipe smoking forum I wanted to try some 'English' blends and was sent a sampler of seven with this in it. It was far and away the best of all of them. In fact it was one of the best tobacco's I've smoked to date. This is the tobacco that made me want to start cellaring tobacco's.

The only negative I had was the room note wasn't great, but it's not really supposed to be.

potam Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
potam (14)

Easy to smoke,taste very nice.Maybe a bit weak for the cold winter night,but except that situation this is one of the best English Mixture.

Erik-Peterson Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Erik-Peterson (7)
Mild to Medium Very Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

A Fantastic tobacco. Slightly sweet, but medium bodied. A good Latakia aroma without being overbearing. Perfect for someone who is new to English style blends.

gladi8tor96 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gladi8tor96 (49)

So far this and Black Mallory are my favorite English blends. I have many more to try, but have been quite impressed with this one. It has the Latakia saying 'hello' now and again, not as often as I would hope, but it is balanced with an earthy sweetness. I'll be ordering more soon!

UPDATE 3/2012 I love, love, love this blend. This is hands-down my favorite Latakia/English blend. It is fun and complex. It is sweet, tangy, smokey, rich, with a hint of bitter earthy notes. Now that I have tried several Latak./Eng. blends, this one has 'something' that the others don't (IMHO)...not sure how to put my finger on it but it rings my bell. It has a balance of bitter, sweet, tangy, and smokey that is just delicious to me. And it makes my pipes smell like cookie dough when I'm done (at least that's how I describe it).

Behindtheclouds Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Behindtheclouds (9)

I have been smoking for almost four years. I am not a heavy, always got to have my pipe type smoker, and therefore am no expert. I have tried a variety of baccys from drug store, to bulk, to tins in a wide price range and have yet to find THE one. However, as of now, this is the one I have settled on. I don't think I have come close to finding the perfect baccy, but this one is good.

I do not like highly flavored weed (cherry, vanilla, etc) I just like tobacco. I would not like anything too strong, too weak, too hot, too cool, etc. I want something flavorful, but not overpowering. This is a good mix for that 'middle of the road' range. It is English, but it is somewhat 'soft' and even almost aromatic.

Best of all it is at least in my area easy to find and not very expensive.

Until I find Mr. Right Tobacco, or at least something better, this will coninue to be my mainstay.

Blade One Star Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Blade One Star (9)

This is a good tobacco. It has a nice good taste, but its flavor is not anything special. No tongue bite, packs and burns well.

Peppino Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Peppino (74)

As has been said a very good blend. I think that sweetness is coming from the Virginia @ black cavendish as usual another good PS tobacco.

WillardFan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
WillardFan (68)

Another winner in the Peter Stokkebye blends. This is an unusual English. Not overpowering like most English blends. No Latakia over-kill at all. I even detect a faint citrus taste. I would almost classify this as an Aromatic English. There's something sweet in the first light, but not overly so. Of most of the English blends I've smoked, this one would have to be in my top five.

Randy W...

Smoking-To-Port Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Smoking-To-Port (13)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I like it.Like most of Peter Stokkebye bulk line it is very pleasant indeed.I keep it on hand along with PE and BS.I buy what I like,but at Peters' prices I can just buy more.All three balance one off the other very well.This is the sweet end,with BS the savory end.I just love them.

PIE-EYED-PIPER Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PIE-EYED-PIPER (20)

This the very first English I've tried. A very well made English with a lot flavor and good aroma. It consistently provides me a very satisfying smoke bowl, after bowl, after bowl. Although not as strong as I would want it to be, I find myself smoking this at least once a day. Compared to other brands, it is in my opinion, a better smoke not only for the money but for quality and consistency as well.

Uncle Arthur Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Uncle Arthur (15)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This is my every day all day smoke. Just enough flavor to keep me interested without overpowering me. As alight English I think it shines! My evening pipe though is Balkan Supreme. So far I have yet to try a bad blend from PS. Some that weren't great but nothing foul.

Old Puffer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Old Puffer (42)
Medium Mild Medium Tolerable

While this baccy does not smoke hot or bite and leaves no bad taste or odor in the pipe or mouth, I can't find any redeeming quality that makes it desirable or a stand out. It packs OK and lights OK, but the smoking is extremely one dimensional, becomes quite harsh toward the end of the bowl, and lacks any real flavor that makes it likable. Also has a humectant added that makes it impossible to dry out to any appreciable degree. Will not become a staple in my lineup and will not be reordered. Also, would not recommend for newbies.

poppy43 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
poppy43 (10)
Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant

I like Stokkebye tobacco blends for the most part and this was no exception, however, I consider it a litle brother to Proper English which is in my daily rotation so I probably will not buy it again unless Proper English isn't available. That being said, I did enjoy this and do recommend it. It has a ribbon cut, lit easily, usually one tamp and a re-light, sit back and enjoy.

krg1000 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
krg1000 (134)

Update: I'll have to drop this down by one star. Not sure if it is the cavendish in this fine tasting mixture, but I am getting some pipe gurgle in this that I didn't really notice before. Of course it may be the old addage of my mileage varying from the other fine reviewers here. I will continue my experimenting various blends to find the one that fits me better. But that is one of the great things about this money sucking habit we so readily enjoy. My original review below is untouched.

Original review: I really can't say anything more positive than what has already been said about this wonderful blend. Wow is the first word that came out of the mouth after firing this wonderful blend up in my meer. I have tried a couple from the Frog Morton series and this seems stronger in flavor and taste than either of them, which is definitely a good thing. I have been on the aromatic side of things for the most part and I see this as my jumping ship from the dark and wet/gooey side. This has a great smokiness about it and there is no tongue bite at all. The price is also very reasonable for such a blend as this. I can see doing my share to keep PS in business for a long time to come.

qmechanics Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
qmechanics (7)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium Pleasant

Considering the price, this is one of the better English LIKE blends on the market. It is English like in that cavendish is added. However even with the addition of the Cavendish, this blend smokes and tastes more like an English than an aromatic. The tobacco's aroma is pleasant, burns cool with little bite, and tastes very much like a milder English with a hint of cavendish. It does not take the place of some of the lighter English blends I like, like Dunhill's Early Morning Pipe (EMP). However for the price one might find a place for this in the rotation.I give this a three star rating due to price and taste. Q

PS It is also good to try spiking it with a bit of latakia(for a a heavier English flavor) or Perique to ones taste.

Jeremy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jeremy (19)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

This is a great all-day smoke. The Latakia is subtle and seems to stay consistent through the whole bowl. The defining flavor is the Virginia, but the cavendish and burley give it some depth and make it not so hot. The flavoring is very mild if any, not sure what gives it the flavor. Some may find the room note less than pleasant, but I haven't had a problem with it really. Packs wonderfully and smokes evenly to a fine gray ash.

NapaWineLover Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
NapaWineLover (66)

I've been holding off writing this review in order to make sure I haven't lost my senses. Alas ... irrespective of the discovery I will write anyway.

I have been smoking - for the last month - almost exclusively English Luxury. It is not a Latakia Dump, it is not a flavored tobacco other than the mildest of Black Cav which of and in itself is probably the most subtle example of Black Cavendish I have ever experienced as a component of a fine blend.

This is my all day smoke of choice right now... and of course, I'm fickle, moody and always reserve the right to change horses... but... this is fine stuff, nonetheless.

Key to my experience is smoking a stock that has a year of age on it. The fine ribbon is easy to pack, lights up right away ... and never bites ... providing you remember that this tobacco is for puffing - not huffing.

For a mild to medium strength it packs a lot flavor and is interesting. It isn't complex in the sense that it changes. It starts ... hums ... and ends the same. However the spectrum of enjoyment is play of subtle orientals (although the ingredients do not list any specific orientals - I believe they exist here), latakia in condimental proportions (not unlike the amount in MC Anniversary) and the black Cavendish is also a condiment. The air cured leaf, purportedly Mexican Burley, is exquisite in tying all the flavors together, and balances the blend as opposed to introducing a distinctly burley character.

I highly recommend putting a supply of this away, and allowing some air exchange from time to time. Magnificent stuff for an all day smoke. I have never been disappointed since it has been aged. Admittedly, the first time I tried it 'green' I found it essentially nothing more than hot acrid air. What a transformation !!

Cheers,

VC

MominPakistani Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
MominPakistani (3)
Mild to Medium None Detected Medium Strong

I recommend this blend to smokers who are looking for an 'English-like' tobacco without the harshness of most English blends. I consider this to be a scaled-down version of 'Fox & Hound'. Not quite as strong as 'Fox & Hound', not quite the woodsy odor and aftertaste. The room note isn't great; burning cedar-like smell, but not a kick in the face like 'Fox & Hound'. More burleys and cavendish to help balance the smokey latakia.

Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Tolerable

I like the balance on this American English mixture. A very consistent smoke from start to finish, the Latakia doesn't fade away towards the bottom of the bowl. Black Cavendish is not overwhelming and the burley has a very pleasant and subtle presence. Downside: tongue bite if not smoked very carefully.

Update: the flavoring has become too overwhelming for an English mixture. After this pouch, it's gone for good.

scotty815 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
scotty815 (12)

I like to dry this a bit and spike it with perique, I add a couple parts perique and age for a week or so I store it under pressure by using a mason jar with a small plastic plate on top of the tobacco with a wooden stick butted against the lid if you let it age for awhile this way, you get a very good result,, something that aleister crowely himself would write home about.

dualkarnain Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dualkarnain (74)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

This tobacco has a delightful, consistent balance of flavors that stays interesting from start to finish. The Virginia and Latakia complement each other into a spiral of delicious grey plume.

The Burley gives it that extra bite which pushes the VA/Latak into the fun zone. I'm guessing the cavendish is just cooling it down a bit.

The only negative thing I can say about this blend is that it's wet and swampy compared to my more favorite Balkan & VA/Per brands. I just used 4 ends (2 pipecleaners used twice) in getting the moisture out of one bowl.

Moisture aside, I recommend!

maynard Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
maynard (18)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

A pretty decent smoke, I like it and will keep it on hand.

Flyboy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Flyboy (39)
Mild Very Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

English Luxury is a good,low-cost,bulk blend that delivers a quality smoke.It has been very consistent over many years and doesnot throw any surprises your way.If you are looking for a great cross-over blend that is not latakia heavy(for all you aromatic-lovers)and doesnot require your full attention this may be the one for you. This deserves more recognition than it gets!

Collezionista Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Collezionista (59)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium Tolerable

Back when I was still smoking bulk aromatics from the local tobacco shop, I chose this tobacco as my introduction to the English blend. Well, I liked it and haven't looked back since, soon moving on to quality English blends and increasingly, my beloved Virginias. Although I don't keep it around anymore, I still consider English Luxury to be a good smoke for the price. Unlike some of Stokkebye's other English offerings, the Latakia is balanced nicely against the Virginias and Burleys. The presence of cavendish also helps make this a very approachable blend for those looking to escape the rather one-dimensional world of aromatics. In that regard I would consider this a peer of Frog Morton - nothing compared to the Dunhills and Gawiths but an enjoyable smoke nonetheless.

Argo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Argo (17)
Mild None Detected Mild Tolerable

Hmm. First thing that comes through here, are the burley and virginia's. I see quite a small portion of black leaf here, and considering it's also comprised of black cavendish, the latakia content is extremely light. It shows through in the smoke. I feel if the virginias were different, this would be enough to increase my rating by another level. The georgian variety of virginia must not do it for me in this blend. Not sweet. Not fruity.. not that delicious raisins and spice i associate with good virginia. Just cig tobacco. I agree with whoever mentioned this might be appropriate as a crossover english, especially a crossover blend for a cigarette gone piper. It's not bad, but far too bland for me.

Thatcher Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Thatcher (58)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium to Full Pleasant

I believe this is the same blend that Finck?s Cigar sells as their ?Vintage English? blend. As I said in my review under that title, this is a great low-cost bulk English blend. English Luxury is by far the most enjoyable Danish blend I have ever smoked, and is quickly becoming my favorite all-day bulk blend.

Mild Extremely Mild Medium Tolerable

I have come to the conclusion that any tobacco that has the word Cavendish in the description or has a softening/ preservative added or had a wet look are to be avoided as much as posible. That being said, this would be another non-threatening transition English blend for pipers wanting to try an more complex smoke than what aromatics offer. It isn't bad, just somewhat artificial compared to the more European style tobaccos. It's a bit ironic, I would swear this blend and some others like it are more like what you would expect from Lane Ltd.than P.S.

I have to update this one level. A very nice medium English.

Anthony Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Anthony (2)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

If i look forward to any tobacco then this is it..Seeing it being carefully weighed out from the jar in my specilaist tobacconist its all i can do to restrain myself from snatching a piece from the scales and filling my pipe. The quality is second to none and although a confirmed virginnia puffer this delicious blend is perhaps my favourite. It has a delicious fragrance something of fruit..ie rasins?..figs?..and on smelling a couple of days later what i can only describe as rose?. Its quite dry even at its freshest, certainly more so than say Marlin flake or old Gowrie but this in no way adversly effects its burning qualities. The aromas are judiciously applied and in no way overpower the natural tobaaco taste. It burns slowly with no tongue bite and has much complexity due to the variety of tobaccos which include Virginnia, Burley.black cavendish, etc..So this is a tobaccco that has a wonderfull aroma for the smoker yet none of the sickliness of some aromatics, and has all the flavour you will ever need. Without doubt a four star tobacco.

CaptnDan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CaptnDan (242)
Mild to Medium None Detected Mild Tolerable

English Luxury was one of my first English blends. It's mild and well behaved.

Making the move from aromatics to English, I found the pouch aroma a bit odd at first. After smoking a bowl or two, the taste grew on me. With that came am appreciation of the pouch aroma. I've actually sat and just smelled the bag when I couldn't light up!

Nice mild English flavor, and the Black Cavendish helps with the transition from aromatics. I've used it to introduce others to English as well.

This one is a winner, no doubt about it. I re-visit this blend when I want an English, but am not in the mood for something heavy. Give it a try - it's well worth the price of admission.

chaplikc Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
chaplikc (135)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This is a very good sweet style of english blend. It is sweet, round, and sometimes a little spicey(not to be mistaken as bite). When I am in the mood for an english of this genre this is one of the tobaccos I go for , I would consider it in the same genre as arcadia or celebrated sovriegn which I like both very well. While I dont think it has as much "special something" as celebrated soveriegn it is still very good none the less. I highly recomend this to those who like the sweeter variety of english blends.

WNDE Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
WNDE (69)

Hmmm, English. This is my first foray into the realm of English blends...and I like it! I was a little intimidated by the pouch aroma when I opened it as it smelled rather musky to me and certainly unlike the aromatics I am used to. It smoked very well and I really enjoyed the pure tobacco taste and aroma without flavorings. Don't be fooled by my score, although I say, "Might try it again, but will not keep it on hand" I definitely recommend this blend. I look forward to trying out other English blends as my palate is maturing.

Gae Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gae (46)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Tolerable

I like English Luxury for it's dryness & straight forwardness in taste.You can really taste the Virginia's,Black Cavendish,Mexican Burley's & Cyprian Latakia's.And I don't miss the Perique in this at all!! (It's great as is) But also make's a great mixer to add to some blend's as well.It's easy to light & get along with.(Not Goopy)But full of flavour."I really appreciated it" after the fourth bowl onward's.Now I make sure it's alway's on hand & opened ready to go. In it's class, I'll give it 3 Out of 4 Star's.

Foxglove Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Foxglove (1)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium Very Pleasant

Pouch Aroma was very sweet due to the Cavendish. The aroma of Virginia and Latakia graces the nose yet promising a nice mild english blend.

Packs well. Flame hits Fruitness with a slight bitter choclate element, can feel the Latakia in the back of my throat, some depth and creaminess added by the burley. Maintained this throughouth the first 2/3 of the bowl. Became more fruity somewhat like a sour cherry flavored dark choclate kept in an oak cask towards the end as the Latakia became more noticiable and the burley tapered off.

Room Note: Smoked outside, people enjoyed it and a few commented that it smelled like sage.