One of Stokkebye's top selling blends. Primarily a mixture of Black Cavendish blended with light pressed Burley tobaccos, sweet Vanilla flavor. Cavendish and Loose cut.

Notes: B&B stands for "Black & Burley".

BrandPeter Stokkebye
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley
FlavoringVanilla
Strength
Taste

Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I am becoming very impressed with PS aromatics of late. They have all the fine attributes of a good tobacco and none of the bad attributes that give aromatics a bad rap. These are not the over preserved, wet, biting, goopy aromatics that one expects especially at the price points PS is at, they are dry smoking, very tasty yet not cloying, non biting, and yet you can still taste the tobacco itself. B and B is just this and more. It comes as a mixed color tobacco running from dark brown to light brown in a ribbon cut and some rough cut flakes within and the pouch aroma is a rich, fragrant vanilla with a somewhat sour aroma, not bad but good sour. Tart is you will. Surprise number one is that it comes at just the right moisture level and no sticky feel to it. It loads very easy in the pipe and lights up very easy, it does rise on first light so need to tamp then relight. Upon lighting it up, one is rewarded with a very pleasant vanilla with a slight chocolate craminess on the tongue, very cool and not hot at all. It stays lit well, burns at a nice slow pace and a plus is that the smoker gains a little of his own room note, which by the way wonderful. It never gets bitter as you smoke it down and it remains consistant all the way down to a black and grey ash at the bottom of the pipe. No moisture or dottle is left at the bottom, you could easily relaod and smoke another bowl. I could not make this blend bite. It remained easy on the tongue no matter how fast I smoked it. This blend could easily be an all day blend and one would never tire of it. I am so impressed, I am going to order a pound of it and keep in my cellar. It's that good! I highly recommend it, even if you are not an aro smoker, it has none of the negatives of an aro.

krg1000 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
krg1000 (133)

There seems to be a nice scent out of the bag with this fine blend from PS. The cut is kind of on the bulky side, for lack of a better phrase. But it loads nicely in a normal sized pipe. Some will say vanilla and some will go the chocolate route. Either seems to be the norm from people close enough by to smell the great aroma. This seems to be a nice slow burner, has no tongue bite and produces a nice amount of smoke. None of the goop left by many other aromatics, this weed burns to a nice white ash at the bottom of the bowl and there is absolutely no gurgle, as is the case with alot of other aromatics out there. The price can't be beat for the quality of the weeds used in this great blend from PS. Highly recommended.

It's a pretty decent smoke, though not particularly remarkable. I don't taste much vanilla though. I get the typical burley notes: some nuttiness, a little toast, maybe a slight chocolate hint. Packs easy, burns well, no bite, nothing to complain about. I consider this more of a mixer than a solo blend, but as a solo blend, it's a fine, pleasant, unobtrusive smoke to walk around with. It doesn't get in your way as you move about your life. I'd prefer to give it two stars only because I can't do two and a half, and it's not special enough to rate a three. I could and may smoke it again, but there's too other tobaccos in this genre that do more for you. But you certainly can do worse. If we have five stars for ratings instead of four, I'd give it a three.

Extremely Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

An outstanding flavor of Natural vanilla and chocolate, cool, mild, it gives a lot of dense and white smoke without any tongue bite.

Bluefox Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bluefox (11)

What a nice surprise! This is definately my favorite aromatic. I generally prefer straight burley blends but enjoy the occasional aromatic. The aroma and taste is very light and I am not getting any of the vanilla flavor. To me it is just a nice pleasant sweetness. Cant quite place the flavor but definately not vanilla. None the less it is a great smoke. Stays very dry as well. Had no moisture build up in my pipe which is un typical of aromatics which usually do. Highly recommend giving this a try even if you dont smoke aromatics.

Jack0077 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jack0077 (4)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

one of my favs. if you like the aromatics i dint think you can go wrong with this one

Very fine Aromatic! Didn't taste vanilla, tasted more like chocolate / coffee (mocha?). The Burley is high quality. Recommended as a change of pace. Not goopy but will flavor a pipe.

7/8/2005: O.K. for crossover or newbie...

SFC/E7 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SFC/E7 (93)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

I personally enjoy this tobacco as one of my all time favorites, although I must admit I love an aromatic with a Vanilla aroma. I find this most pleasurable after dinner for myself as a good slow relaxing smoke and would recommend this to anyone who enjoys an aromatic pipe tobacco.

Smoke_Ring Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Smoke_Ring (158)
Very Mild Very Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

Peter Stokkebye - PS-23 Black & Burley (B&B)

Star Rating = 3

Comment = Very Smooth, Very Mild, nice Full Body smoke

Knightsmoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Knightsmoker (56)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant

This is an OK smoke. I do get a little vanilla here and there and I can taste the tobacco as it comes through here and there as well. The flavors are very mild but overall consistent. Not a bad aromatic and it smokes fairly dry too. Not much in the Mr. N. department but still a nice change of pace from time to time. I leave this at only 2 stars because while I do enjoy it once in a while more often than not I end up tossing the last of it because it has sat around so long it has dried out beyond repair so there really is nothing that keeps me coming back for it.

WdCFields Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
WdCFields (2)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Really nice. It's my "go to" aromatic. 1-Q by Lane is a close 2nd. Whenever I'm around others and lite B-B up, the comments about how wonderful it smells start. It tastes great too.

THESSALONIAN Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
THESSALONIAN (22)
Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

This is fairly tasteless on it's own. I do get some high quality tobacco flavor sometimes. But add 20% PS-24 to this and it's excellent. Highly recommended. Peter should have added more burley to this and then maybe I wouldn't have to mix it in.

Bosun Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bosun (3)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild Pleasant

Big fan of Stokkebye. I always keep some around to mix with other tobaccos. The cut is perfect for blending and it doesn't overpower other flavorings.

BarryE Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BarryE (6)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I am a big fan of Peter Stokkebye blends like Balkan Supreme, and this one is no exception. B-B is a wonderful cavendish and burley blend, and while it is advertised with a vanilla casing, I detect no vanilla flavor as such. I do however taste a very slight amount of cherry which makes this a tasty blend with coffee or after a good meal.

This lights easily, and burns to a fine whitish-gray ash with very little dottle left in the bowl.

All in all, you will be quite happy with this aromatic blend.

BBlevins Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BBlevins (102)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Predominantly vanilla black cavendish with some pressed burley mixed in. A very pronounced vanilla flavoring creates a smooth aromatic smoke similar to RLP-6, but much smoother and possesses a richer vanilla flavor. Heavy on the flavor, light on the humectant is a recipe for success in this Stokkebye blend.A cool, slow burning smoke that is worthy of all day use.

Respateur Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Respateur (2)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

I am currently exploring the aromatic vanillas and yes, it may take years. This mission has led me away from perique to the taste of burley. This particular tabacco is delightfully different. The taste is subtle and has a lingering depth that is quite pleasant. I am still seeking my "go to" blend, but this is an inspired effort and sure to be in my stash for the foreseeable future.

Opening the pouch was reminiscent of visiting the Tinder Box. The leaf is chubby and contained long strands of pressed pieces. There is very little bite and its a very cool smoke for an aromatic. It is the most satisfying vanilla I've tried to date.

fatherDougal Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
fatherDougal (28)
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

The subtle scent of vanilla or raisins meets the nose upon opening this bulk selection. The smoking flavour is a bit illusive compared to other aromatics, and the burley begins to dominate in the last half of the game. However, this will be a hit with anyone around you who doesn't like smoking but wants to believe that grandpa's ghost still smokes a pipe; it glows with a sweet mince-meat warmth that lurks about in my smoking room (aka garage). It also leaves the mouth free of any compostable aftertaste. B-B is ideal for the all-day Cavendish smoker who needs a price break, especially if bought in quantity.

Tudval Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tudval (18)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Tolerable

If you enjoy aromatics, this is something you might want to try. Fine for the category. For my taste, it's over the top. For an occasional aromatic smoke, I would add a bit of this to a balkan blend.

Jeremy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jeremy (19)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

If you like aromatic blends, this is a must-try. It burns evenly, the flavor is not overpowering, but it does have a nice taste that is well suited to smoking with an after-dinner coffee. For aromatics smokers, this is probably a great all-day smoke.

Smoke it slowly to avoid bite, although there's not much bite overall. smoking slowly also reduces the aromatics tendency to goop up at the bottom of the bowl.

Room note is good. My wife, who hates my VA/Per and English blends smell, likes the smell of this blend. My friend, not a pipe smoker, commented that it made the room smell like baked cookies.

I recommend smoking it with a cobb, or if you use a brier keep in mind this blend will flavor your pipe.

romaso Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
romaso (36)

This is a good vanilla, very similar to, but not quite as sweet as, Stokkebye's Sweet Vanilla.

JSB Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JSB (6)
Medium Very Strong Overwhelming Strong

This was a free sample I received with my last tobacco order so I had nothing to lose. On opening the pouch I smelled something that I could only describe as vanilla black Licorice. The cut was a chunky ribbon and was a little hard to pack. From the first light till the last puff all I could smell and taste was the black licorice, it was just too overpowering for me. It was a fairly cool smoke with very little tongue bite but this blend was just not for me.

lasix1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
lasix1 (4)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Oh, YES!!! This hard-to-find tobacco is the real thing. It is reputed to be the orginal Crown Royale of Tinder Box fame, but you will find it much more subtle and far more consistent than that tobacco which I have noticed over the years is widely inconsistent in its taste from batch-to-batch. If B&B is in fact Crown Royale, somebody is doing something terrible to the Tinder Box version while transforming it into its mass market counterpart. Deliciously flavorful and full of room appeal, I never fail to get compliments when I smoke B&B in public unless I am dealing with those joyless souls suffering from ideosomatic diseases. (afflictions brought about by ideology.)

My wife may have been initially attracted to me because of this stuff.

A basic cavendish blend with black cavendish, lightly pressed burley and a mild vanilla casing, this is the classic all-day smoke. It is by far my favorite tobacco, and even though I have enjoyed many others over the years, this is the one I always come back to.