Deeply rich and ripe Virginia tobacco accented by incomparable Syrian Latakia. There is no cherry flavoring in this blend.

BrandCharatan
Blended ByOrlik Tobacco Co.
ContentsLatakia, Virginia
Strength
None Detected, Mild to Medium
Taste
Medium, Full
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
Mild to Medium None Detected Full Pleasant

I still have a few tins of this Charatan's blend (rumored to have been made at Dunhill in the late 1960s and early 1970s. I smoke them very infrequently because I know how hard this one is to find and I love the smoky sweet presentation of the outstanding Syrian Latakia employed. The Virginia reeks of depth and quality and provides a solid background. Remarkably good stuff!

Pipestud

WillardFan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
WillardFan (68)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

If you can find some of this baccy, it's a diamond in the raw. Lucky for me, my tobacconist has been sitting on a pile of this companies tins, both English and Aromatic. Too bad the company stopped importing to the USA. This stuff is hard to describe. It's very smooth upon the initial light up, then just keeps getting better as you progress towards the bottom of the bowl. I'm not an expert on blended ingredients, but it seems to have a decent amount of Latakia in the mix. I think it may have some Turkish in it as well. I didn't detect any Perique or any Tonquin thank goodness. I reserve my pepper tasting, for my steak and eggs. I was surprised at the quality of this smoke, and the price was nice as well. $6.00 a tin - Yee-Haw! If you can find this stuff on a dusty shelf somewhere, I don't think you'll be disappointed. I was told that this stuff is hermetically sealed, so it oughta have a long shelf life. IMHO, this one is a 4 star winner hands down...