A fine Scottish blend of richly cured Virginia, plus the smooth subtle sweetness of Perique.

A fine blend of richly cured Virginia with a touch of cigar leaf, plus the spicy sweetness of Perique.

BrandPeretti
Blend TypeVirginia Based
ContentsCigar Leaf, Perique, Virginia
Strength
Taste
Mild to Medium, Medium, Medium to Full

Tom Bombadill Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tom Bombadill (82)
Medium to Strong None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I'm really beginning to enjoy this blend. I'm new to pipes after smokling cigars for a good ten years and my favorites are Emglish/Balkans blends.

At first I didn't really enjoy Va/Pers but this blend has changed my mind. It's not as flavorful as the english I've smoked but the change of pace is nice and I'm beginning to notice the subtleties.

Lochinvar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Lochinvar (68)

Just what I want in a va/per! This is the tobacco equivalent of Rye Whiskey, tasty, sweet, but with an edge. It burnt well, but never got too hot, gaining strength and flavor as the bowl progressed. As with all Peretti blends, it burnt to a fine ash and left the pipe clean. This goes in my 'Outdoor' category with Rattray's Accountant's Mixture and McClelland's Virginia Woods, improving in the field and forest.

Dave Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dave (15)

My favorite blends are Virginia with Perique. I especially enjoy Peretti's London Flake, so when I saw Dundee as a Virginia with Perique as well, I had to try it. This is not a flake tobacco. It is more of a ribbon cut and much drier. The scent from the tin is very rich with a very slight hint of chocolate, although I doubt any chocolate is used. It certainly does not taste so in smoking the blend.

The tobacco is a rough ribbon cut and I do find a few stems here and there. Lighting is easy and it burns to a fine grey ash. The taste is not as smooth as a flake and can be rather harsh throughout, but further down in the bowl, the harshness becomes less noticeable and it delivers a very rich, woodsy taste. The Perique is not as noticeable as in other Perique blends I have smoked and I suspect is used rather sparingly. Perhaps it is the way I smoke but I do seem to notice that while the tobbacco is rather dry, moisture collects toward the bottom of the bowl and relighting is often necessary toward the end.

The room scent is very rich, natural and clean.

The more I smoke this blend the more it seems to grow on me and I could well see myself being a more frequent user.