A mellow Cavendish blend cured with honey. Gives a cool, smooth smoke.

BrandPeretti
ContentsCavendish
FlavoringHoney
Strength
Taste
3.7
jpeek345 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jpeek345 (2)

If this blend was all you knew of pipe tobacco, then you still could smoke this forever without fear of admonishing. It's expertly balanced. Not an unqualified strand of leaf enters into the mix. I don't smoke aromatics- period. This was an open-minded mail-order suggestion. So I got what their impression of me was while we were on the phone. Perettis are an equivalent to a famous world restaurant- where only the best chefs (blenders) handle the finished product. For the record I had an uneasy feeling ordering from them. They have some ironing out to do in regards to demeanor. But I chalk-it-off to Artistry. These guys may be caught in a moody-mopey attitude but they are among the very finest tobacco blenders in the world.

doctp Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
doctp (2)

I was in Boston for a conference and heard about Peretti, stopped by since I had not smoked a pipe in a few years, only mild/medium cigars. Walked in and "Charlie" said Hi, can I help? told him I was an amateur, needed advice; he talked to me for almost 2 hours about different pipes and tobaccos and his numerous trips to the Castello factory in Cantu, Italy. Got me VERY excited about pipe smoking again, then he and Steve showed me a bunch of "Estate" Castello and Dunhills; I bought 5 pipes! Steve advised Boston's Best, he filled the 30 year old Castello and I hit the park and had the most delicious smoke that I can ever remember! Probably a combination of the friendships made, the excellent advice, beautiful weather and the mystic of starting my hobby again with abundant new knowledge!I have tried it again in other large bowl pipes and had a similar experience, just that if smoked too fast, a little tongue bite and "gurgle". Just slow down and relax... extremely enjoyable!!, Mild, light but go slowly! I have since moved to Dunhill English blends for the nicotine "hit", but still really love this incredible tobacco. Confused why only 2 other reviews, granted a mild aromatic, maybe meant for "newbies", yet still has it's place at the right moment. The entire experience at Peretti's was just incredible... if in Boston, you would be foolish not to stop in, buy some pipes, tobacco and listen to some stories about Castello, Dunhill and about "Old Man Peretti" himself! Yes, I do love this tobacco as I love Dunhill Early Morning Blend and Night Cap. Smoke it correctly and at the appropriate time. Kind of like a Brunello vs a full bodied, '82 Bordeux... both are great at the right time.

Pipe Used: Estate Castello

Purchased From: Peretti

clanobucklin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
clanobucklin (29)

I just tried this one and am surprised that it hasn't gotten reviewed yet. I smoked this in a Freehand Corn Cob pipe and the flavor was delicious. Not too sweet - just right. The flavors keep popping up. For an aromatic - you get a lot of tobacco taste. I don't know if I taste "honey" but there is something there that adds some sweetness that isn't overbearing. Hints of cocoa and baking spice. Smokes extremely cool and smooth. Could be all day smoke for some Folks out there. Enjoy.