Our most popular Cavendish. A combination of fire-cured Cavendish and bright Virginia with a coconut curing. This delightful flavor an aroma is sure to please.

BrandPeretti
ContentsCavendish, Virginia
Strength
Extremely Mild
Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
2.7
beaupipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
beaupipe (100)
Extremely Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The earlier reviewers who point out the similarities between this blend and the Lane aromatic/Captain Black family are dead on. I haven't smoked more than a single pouch each of Captain Black Royal and White, but I've smoked plenty of Lane's ubiquitous 1-Q and this is markedly similar in just about every respect. It looks like 1-Q, it smells like 1-Q, and it's sticky to the touch like 1-Q.

The flavor profile, however, is slightly different. There is the same vanilla base, but here it's accompanied by something other than chocolate. If it's coconut, so be it. I'm not sure I'd say it was without being told, but knowing that it's supposed to be there is enough for my brain to tell me it is. It smokes much like 1-Q, too. It's a fine cut mix of black and golden Cavendish and with adequate drying it burns beautifully and produces modest quantities of delightfully aromatic smoke. The room note is wonderful.

When I'm in the mood for an aromatic, I find this to be a very nice, though extremely mild smoke. Then again, I would say the exact same thing about 1-Q, a tobacco I also smoke on occasion, especially when I'm physically exhausted and want nothing but a sweet tasting bowl, and a cup of strong, milky tea before sleeping like the dead. Maybe that's the origin of this blend's name. 4-3-2-1-Q, and power down.

I'm not sure I'd recommend this to current 1-Q fans, because they might find they're paying a premium for more of the same. But anyone looking for a pleasant, almost nicotine-free aromatic to smoke when the sweet tooth is aching and who happens to be ordering some of those exceptional Peretti's Burleys, or who is passing through the Boston shop, will find lots to like here.

dafydd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dafydd (3)
Extremely Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

Yes indeed it is 1-Q. I was told as much by one of Peretti's employees. PipeLawyer has a YouTube video touting how sublime it is - one of his top three aromatics. Too funny. It does not contain a higher quality leaf. It does contain PG. I am a Bostonian and love Peretti's and their products, however, a spade is a spade - It's 1-Q y'all.

Purchased From: Peretti

Lagniappe92 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Lagniappe92 (2)

A great blend for the beginner pipe smoker. Light and dry with a good flavor. It was one of my first tobaccos and I remember asking for one of their lighter more aromatic blends. It definitely delivers on both scales. I agree on some of the previous reviews as to the similarities to Captain Black, but I'd say its a couple of steps up in quality. Overall, 432 is a great smoke and definitely one of my favorite aromatic blends.

Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This is a good aromatic. Similar to Captain Black w/o the humectants. I love aromatics and this one is solid. A little too mild for me. Not quite sweet enough but still very enjoyable. Coconut??? not really,more vanilla/honey like, but exceptionally tasty for the genre. Worth a shot.

Tom Bombadill Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tom Bombadill (83)
Extremely Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I agree largely with Young Pipers review.

This blend smokes very light, and sweet and is a great blend for someone starting out pipe smoking. When I packed the first bowl I realized it looked like Capt Black, which is a blend I with which I started smoking pipes. I should note I usually prefer english-balkan-orientals but like to have a nice aromatic on hand for my evening smoke. Blend 432 is a good transition up in quality tobacco from CB, but as far as smoking satisfaction goes I'd say it's a little too light in every catergory: the aromatic flavor, tobacco flavor and nictotine.Very light.

Young Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Young Piper (78)
Extremely Mild Strong Mild Very Pleasant

This blend is Peretti's answer to 1Q. Fire cured and golden cavendish with a vanilla /coconut topping that sitting next to my small stash of 1Q smells and looks identical but contains much better leaf than the lane equivalent. Pleasing room note to eveyone within smelling distance and very mild with no bite. If Captain Black Royal and 1Q are your cup of tea then this blend should be right up your alley minus the humectants.