A rough-cut tobacco with just enough aromatic added to captivate your taste. Medium strength and slow burning.

BrandPeretti
Contents
Strength
Taste
Mild to Medium, Medium, Medium to Full
2.0
BriarLaw Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BriarLaw (85)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

The quality of the cubed Burley blends from Peretti is unmatched. Blend 33 is no exception. Rich brown cubes with some smaller granular pieces as well. A cinch to light. Just gravity feed the bowl and give it a very gentle tamp. One false light and you are on your way. I find that all Peretti cubed Burley blends burn much better when you do not tamp much and when you remove ash as the bowl progresses.

The flavor is good nutty Burley, no bitterness, with a fairly strong natural aromatic. I have no idea what it is, but it is old fashioned, natural and dry. A bit floral. In some ways it reminds me of the old Bond Street now known as Bourbon Street (only 33 is much better). Room note is very pleasant.

My only issue here is that it has too much aromatic agent for my tastes. It lingers on the palate too long for me. But if you like old-school aromatics (like Bond Street, Field & Stream, or Mixture 79) and want to step up in quality, give Blend 33 a try. It might also do nicely blending with other Peretti tobaccos such as 333 or BPC.

oldmanpipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
oldmanpipe (62)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

I have grown fond of Peretti's Burley blends over the summer months; with fall upon us, the taste for Latakia and Turkish tobaccos has returned, as it always does.

Anyone who would classify Blend 33 as "mildly aromatic" is made of sterner stuff than I! This is manifestly aromatic, and in a way that is hard to describe. Smoked by itself, I find it bitey; blended with Peretti's Blends BPC, 333, or D-7485, it can add a delightful kick.

Recommended as an experience; more strongly recommended as a blender.

Two out of four stars.

The gentleman at Peretti's described this as an aromatic No. 333. I don't get that impression at all, as the taste is milder, and quite different. This seems to be Burley, with a pinch of Virginia, topped with yet another slightly sweet, perfume like essence.

These Peretti aromatics defy description, as they are not your typical candy and booze type toppings. I imagine the shop is full of apothecary jars, brimming with things like tonka bean, deer tongue, violet, rose, and geranium essence. They really jar my modern palate, but they are enjoyable if you keep an open mind. There is no cocoa, honey, or vanilla here! My Peretti sampler has definitely been an education to my tastebuds. If you are like me, and wondered what people smoked in days gone by,or if you are adventurous at all, I think you will find Peretti's Burley blends a very pleasurable eye-opener.