A mix of contemporary Danish nutty burley and bright Virginia tobaccos, Black Cavendish and topped with a fruity aroma. Due to the mixed cut of 1.8 to 5 mm width can be cut fry this mixture cool.

BrandCharatan
Blended ByOrlik Tobacco Co.
FlavoringFruit / Citrus
Strength
None Detected, Mild, Mild to Medium
Taste
2.3
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Charatan Green is a long gone tobacco and probably should stay that way. A Virgnia/Burley combination that was loaded with fruit injected Black Cavendish. In the typical British way, the added flavoring was natural and not goopy, but did nothing to make this tobacco taste like... well, good tobacco. My tin was from 1984 and I smoked it in 1993. According to my notes it went in the trash can after just two bowls.

SMOKETSES Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SMOKETSES (208)

Happy new year This tobacco is exactly for what it is advertised, a very mild tobacco with ideal content in humidity. It contains sweet Virginia and aromatic Burley and a bit of Black Cavendish. A sweet, fruitful perfume which is the same in the whole tobacco. You can turn on this tobacco quite easily and remains on, leading to a long, cool smoking. I have some doubts for the perfume in the room.

I will not get sad, if I don?t find it in the future.

Mild to Medium None Detected Mild Pleasant

This blend is just as advertised, a mild flake. Although it's not easy to find in the US, the result is worth the effort and cost. I wanted to determine if this Charatan blend was of as high a quality as their pipes that are one of my favorites. This blend has beautifully formed flakes ~ 3"x1"x1/16" comprised of darker browns with some golden birdseye intermixed. The ideal moisture content allows the flakes to remain pliable and permits packing by simply folding as I prefer. A sweet, fruity tin aroma carries thru to the taste that is quite uniform throughout the smoke. For my packing technique, this blend was rather easy to light and keep lit and resulted in a long, cool smoke. If I again find some tins of this flake, I'll certainly pruchase them. If you enjoy Va flakes, you should do the same.