A blend we have made up specially for smokers who have desired a rich, smooth, rum-cured tobacco. Its unique flavor and pleasant aroma have made it a favorite.

BrandPeretti
Strength
Taste
Pleasant, Tolerable
2.5

There is a slight soapiness on the char light, but it mostly disappears after a few puffs. I imagine that comes from the rum topping, which is mild and fairly flavorful, and doesn't interfere much with the tobacco taste. There's a light spice note that comes either from the rum or a pinch of perique; I can't quite determine its origin. The burleys have a little molasses hit with some nuttiness, and a little earth note or two to prop up the cocoa. The black cavendish must be mostly unsweetened because I really can't taste any vanilla, though I got a note of it here and there. Smoking this, I get the sense of the good old fashioned OTC burleys from past days - not too sweet with enough burley flavor to please. It's lighter in strength and sweetness than Carter Hall, SWR, and Half&Half with some of the same sweet notes, and the amount of cocoa almost reminds me of Prince Albert. There are better burley blends around, but this one has enough going for it that I can easily see this being a rotation smoke for a burley smoker.

Tom Bombadill Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tom Bombadill (85)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium Tolerable

First off, let me say for the record, B-94 sank my battleship in 1989 and I have never been the same since.

This is an American burley based blend so lovers of burley will probably like it more than I do. I have really enjoyed whiskey-cured tobaccos but this rum cured blend is not doing it for me.

It smells a bit sweet in the bag. I am still giving the 2 oz I bought a chance but 6 bowls in, the rum flavor translates to a fine hint of soap after-taste for me.