Orange and deep red Virginias form a foundation for this outstanding mixture in the Scottish style. A small amount of Maryland Broad-leaf ribbon gives Inverness a a subtle, nutty undertone, and just enough Syrian Latakia is added for a woodsy character. The blend is then gently steamed prior to a delicate toasting, providing wonderful nuances of flavor and aroma.

Notes: No longer produced

Taste
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
2.0
Mild to Medium Very Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Dark brown ribbons with a tin nose of something akin to brandy perhaps, although Syrian latakia has been described as having a wine-like flavor and perhaps what I'm smelling is the latakia fermenting. No typical latakia aroma, nor any Virginias, and certainly no Maryland. Just that boozy type scent.

This brandy-like essence was very mildly in the taste but I still can't be sure it's a topping. Any real Syrian latakia flavor that I'm familiar with has been lost and replaced with this fermented brown sugary taste, but this wasn't what I'd call a "sweet" tobacco. In fact, it bordered on bland. It needed to be sipped very slowly and snorked continuously for it to emit much in the way of flavor. What flavor it did have beyond this brandy was a basic down-to-earth tobacco-y flavor with a slight hint of nuttiness... nice for mindless puffing. It didn't satisfy my criteria for the "Scottish" mixture it purported to be since it had no oriental presence. Hard to recommend this unless you just want to smoke something out of production. I found it at an excellent price and was curious, but I feel no need to pursue it via Ebay. Not terribly compelling in this day and age.

Paul Tatum Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Paul Tatum (86)

It's been a while since I smoked this , but my memory of it was that i was always disappointed that there was not more latakia in it . I know it was not intended to be a latakia showcase , but it had just enough syrian in it to make me want more . I could never enjoy the bowl for what it was because of the nagging desire for more latakia .