Choice Louisiana Perique is blended with top grade cube-cut Burley, Black Toasted Cavendish, and the finest Golden Virginias. Steaming and stoving mellows the mixture, while bringing out the best of each tobacco. Finally, a hint of dark Jamaican Rum provides the perfect finish. Quite a strong tobacco, Aleister is not for the faint of heart!

Notes: No longer produced

Taste
OSR Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
OSR (78)
Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

I almost cried when this blend went away.

This was my choice for large bowled pipes - Castello GreatLines, to be exact. Pick a large Greatline (2.5" plus tall bowl), fill with Aliester. Ready the martinis and plug in the Godfather (VHS, of course!) and you had a wonderful evening planned.

What was unique about Aliester was the melange of flavors; Good VA's, perique in plenty, mellowed with age burley to carry the flavor of the rum... Oh, this is truly a treat and for those who missed it, a sublime and "gem" of it's own genre.

I have a few tins laid back and I do so enjoy them when I open and smoke one. There is nothing else on the market to compare to this, before or since.

Medium to Strong Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

This is another old F&P blend I recently nabbed from ebay. I did not think I'd be too fond of it due to the Perique. I was wrong. I love the strength and backbone of Aleister. You know you've lit into a real tobacco once you set fire to the leaf.

This no longer produced cube cut does indeed have a rum casing. I have been cautious of those because Rum equals heat in most blends. Not this one. Cool and silky smooth from top to bottom.

Perique lovers will also be satisfied as Aleister does present that Louisiana pepper sauce in a most enjoyable way.