Light tobacco mixture refined with dark-fired Virginia, very popular. Germany.

BrandMcLintock
1.5
renwardhoop Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
renwardhoop (58)
Mild Mild Mild Tolerable

Yet another in the myriad of cherry flavoured tobaccos on the market.

Nice aroma in the packet some of which creeps through in the smoke. Burns aright, light touch on loading. Certainly promising.

It's pretty similar to the dreadful Borkum Riff cherry without the bite. Smell and texture reminds me of the insipid Black Cherry from Gawith's.

Very pleasant when lighting and for about 10 minutes or so really quite good. The taste/flavour doesn't hang around much after that and it's just about tasteless halfway down the bowl.

There seems to be no detectable room note.

Not as tasty or long lasting like McLintock's Orange.

It's not the best, and not the worst either.

Hermit 78 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hermit 78 (33)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

The first pouch of pipe tobacco I ever owned was McLintlock's Wild Cherry, given to me by a strange but wonderful Czech girl that I haven't seen in years. All wistful memories of foreign ladies aside, I hate cherry blends. I hate Borkum Riff Cherry Liqueur. I hate MacBaren's Cherry Ambrosia. I hate cherry lollipops, cherry ice cream, and cherry bubblegum. If I'm ever in prison for any length of time, I want to get a full sleeve tattoo that says "I hate cherries" in fierce looking letters. In the pouch, MWC looks and smells like a low-quality, cut flake candy-blend. Smoked, it tastes a lot like cherries and a little like tobacco. Honestly, I might try it again for its sentimental value, but I'd be more likely to sprinkle a few flakes in a joint than I would be to contaminate even my worst pipe with the hated cherry flavour. Better than the few other cherry blends I've tried, but not much. Sorry, Jana.