A balanced tobacco blend refined with some dark-fired Virginia. Its delicious flavor of ripe, wild cherries excites many smokers.

Blended ByErmuri
Manufactured ByKohlhase & Kopp
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
Packaging50g Pouch, 100g Tin, 200g Tin
Telling it how it is. Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Telling it how it is. (66)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The tin smells really good and almost like natural wild cherries. It made me want to bite into the tobacco, although there is a lingering, very slight chemical note to it as well. The 10 different Virginias used in this blend do not offer anything to the nose neither do the Cavendish or the Orientals. Of course this is to be expected as this is a heavy aromatic cherry blend indeed.

Packing and lighting as well as burning properties are easy but the tobacco is a bit too wet and needs some little airing.

I bought this blend after i actually did like the Black Cherry blend of the same brand but to me it did not offer the same pleasure when being actually smoked. The cherry aroma compared to the tin note is muted alot in the actual smoke and has a clear artificial taste to it. Also the aromatization wears off about half the bowl and only hot air devoid of any tobacco flavour remains. This blend indeed is very popular in Germany due to the EMURI chain's reach. Unfortunately this popularity does not reflect in the blends taste which can be described as mediocre.

Tongue bit is not an issue but i definitely would not overheat the bowl or all sorts of nastiness will ensue. The room note is very nice but the aftertaste unpleasant if you smoke the pipe beyond the point where the cherry flavour still lasts.

And that's all there is to it, it is a cherry blend that does not has any evil properties but also does not has any exemplary sides either. This is one of the few cherry blends that do not repulse me but it also is none of the cherry blends i actually like. I still do recommend this blend somewhat if you like heavy aromatics and are a cherry fan then at least you can sample this blend. Otherwise i would look out for a different blend ...

Pipe Used: It went trough rotation.

Age When Smoked: They don't print production dates on it.

Similar Blends: Most heavy aromatic cherry blends, even tho it has the "wild" cherry novelty to it.

McLintock Wild Cherry. This doesn't smell like your usual Cherry aromatic, it has a definite aroma of Cherries prominently but there is also a slightly peculiar perfume note in the background. It's of a good moistness but I should add that mine's a 5 gram sample in a baggie so I can't really comment on what the quantity of water from a sealed pouch is like. The moment I light mine up I realize I left my drink in the kitchen so pop to grab it and when I re-enter the room where I'm smoking I am amazed by the room note. It smells so Cherry like it is unbelievable! To be honest the room note has more Cherry to it than the taste, the Cherry isn't as certain in the taste as say Sam G' Black Cherry, a lot milder. Pleasantly though, the perfume note I found in the aroma is non-existent in the flavour! The Nicotine isn't too strong either, a big inhalation of smoke is needed with this one! Tongue bite? Sadly this can issue a little bite when drawn harshly, not a whopper but a bite nonetheless. All the way through a bowl of Wild Cherry it only really needs the odd tamp to maintain the burn, it doesn't keep becoming un-lit. A not so good feature of the burn is the temperature, it does seem a bit too hot for my pallet. The best attribute this blend has is definitely the room note, very Cherry LOL ! But to be honest my consensus for the tobacco as a whole is quite mundane, just another Cherry aromatic. Two stars.

Pipe Used: Peterson Sherlock Holmes

Purchased From: Smoke King

renwardhoop Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
renwardhoop (61)
Mild Mild Mild Tolerable

Yet another in the myriad of cherry flavoured tobaccos on the market.

Nice aroma in the packet some of which creeps through in the smoke. Burns aright, light touch on loading. Certainly promising.

It's pretty similar to the dreadful Borkum Riff cherry without the bite. Smell and texture reminds me of the insipid Black Cherry from Gawith's.

Very pleasant when lighting and for about 10 minutes or so really quite good. The taste/flavour doesn't hang around much after that and it's just about tasteless halfway down the bowl.

There seems to be no detectable room note.

Not as tasty or long lasting like McLintock's Orange.

It's not the best, and not the worst either.

Hermit 78 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hermit 78 (33)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

The first pouch of pipe tobacco I ever owned was McLintlock's Wild Cherry, given to me by a strange but wonderful Czech girl that I haven't seen in years. All wistful memories of foreign ladies aside, I hate cherry blends. I hate Borkum Riff Cherry Liqueur. I hate MacBaren's Cherry Ambrosia. I hate cherry lollipops, cherry ice cream, and cherry bubblegum. If I'm ever in prison for any length of time, I want to get a full sleeve tattoo that says "I hate cherries" in fierce looking letters. In the pouch, MWC looks and smells like a low-quality, cut flake candy-blend. Smoked, it tastes a lot like cherries and a little like tobacco. Honestly, I might try it again for its sentimental value, but I'd be more likely to sprinkle a few flakes in a joint than I would be to contaminate even my worst pipe with the hated cherry flavour. Better than the few other cherry blends I've tried, but not much. Sorry, Jana.