Bifermented Black Cavendish with a sweet and fruity note.

BrandMcLintock
ContentsBlack Cavendish
FlavoringCoffee, Cherry, Whisky
Strength
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant

2.5
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

McLintock Black Cherry . This one gets a fairly mixed reaction so I was very intrigued by it . The actual Tobacco mix is quite an incongruous display , it is a good selection of shapes, sizes and colours (from jet black to light golden) . The aroma emanating from it is not overly strong as some Cherry aromatics can be but more of a gentle touch . The moistness of the mix is great , making for ease in lighting it . Once lit I really appreciated the flavour of the smoke as like the aroma of the mix the Cherry is not an omnipotent blast that takes everything over , it is just enough to enhance the blend . Nicotine level is the right amount to satisfy and with this one you can inhale very easily . Although this is a "Cherry" aromatic I also get a good taste of Plum with it which is very pleasant ! As it is not too heavy with the aromatics it does not ghost the pipe , so would be good for a smoker who doesn't regularly have aromatics for fear it may taint their pipe or for someones first venture into aromatics . My opinion is that it would make a great regular Cherry aromatic !

Pipe Used: Rattrays

Purchased From: Smoke King

Withnail Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Withnail (16)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This type of Aromatic blend isn't for everyone, but if you like a flavour to your tobacco, I recommend Black Cherry.

As you open the new pouch you instantly get the scent of Christmas (Plum) Pudding and a sweet hint of cherry. On first smelling this tobacco I worried that it might be a little too sweet for my tastes. It packs very easily with an almost sticky feel and nice moisture level.

After the charring and re-lighting, this gives a very pleasant and fairly mild smoke. The flavours come through without being at all overpowering and not as sweet as you would imagine from the initial smell. Burns well down to the end of the bowl and leaves a very fine white ash.

Well worth a try if you don't hate aromatics!

Tuckers Gpa Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tuckers Gpa (29)

Reminds me of other "cherry" blends. Fruity but not really specific. An adult type cherry, not the gloppy mess so often encountered. However, it does dry out quickly; my tin is not yet 6 months old! I tried to rotate this in, but, I couldnt take the sweetness.

SMOKERSTRUCK Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SMOKERSTRUCK (3)
Overwhelming Extra Strong Overwhelming Overwhelming

HORRIBLE

bought the 100g tin - odor of old running shoe never washed flavor worse not sure if the batch was bad but only good for the trash can

here in canada it cost $ 30 lost more than that in my life time - there is no refund but the distributor should smell this.

read the posts before i bought saw the one negative post but it is an understatement - not sure what happened here.

the tin is is danish language 100g did not expect this disaster based on the majority of reviews - they were the pouch brand but this tin product is vile odor & taste.

have smoked solani mclelland prince albert erinmore ( not like the original though ) this !!!!!!! not sure what happened the rating selections dont include the rating of bad

Arkie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Arkie (106)

This stuff is a winner. It DOESN'T taste like a cheap cherry lollipop. It has a natural flavor like a ripe black cherry that is balanced in sweet/tart taste. Even my wife admits to liking the room note which is high praise from her. The cherry flavor enhances rather than obliterates the tobbaco which makes it unique for cherry tobacco. It is only cherry blend I like and I will stock up on it. 4 stars.

Caripu Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Caripu (11)
Extremely Mild Extra Strong Overwhelming Pleasant

The worst tobacco I've ever loaded into a pipe. Wow, I could barely ligth the pipe and I had to trhow this stuff away 'cause I wasn't abe to resist the baaaaad taste. Scary.

albo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
albo (8)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

This definitely has some good cherry notes, but I dont think it is as cherry as people make out. It smokes well and doesnt bite but the flavour doesnt change much and the tobacco has a bit of a cigarette like note which isnt that nice.

slarty Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
slarty (2)
Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Unnoticeable

I recently bought a pouch of McLintock Black Cherry. Now, either I was very unlucky or this is how it's packed but the contents were bone dry. Reasonable aroma but dry dry dry. Still I packed a medium bowl half bent pipe. It lit well and burned smooth, however none of the Cherry notes were really obvious. No tongue bite. I can't say I was bowled over BUT it just may have been a duff batch. Maybe I'll try another time. If anyone has found the same please tell me.

ELF Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ELF (40)
Extremely Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

You are going to smell like a cherry strudel;after one small pipe of this...Really surprised for the amount of AROMA from this tobacco,my pipe was relatively dry,when finished.Decent Tobacco,not Grand.,,4/10. :%{

Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

IMHO this is the second best cherry tobacco on the market. The first being Karl Erik #16. This is a sweet yet dry aromatic. It is heavily cased in what tastes to me like NATURAL CHERRY flavoring. Burns cool with no gurgle or goop. I really enjoyed this. A pleasant room note and a nice after taste. I would say most aromatic smokers will appreciate this blend. 3 of 4 aromatic stars.

thewoodlandgardener Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
thewoodlandgardener (6)
Mild to Medium Strong Medium to Full Unnoticeable

Indeed, taste is a very subjective thing, however ....

I abhor mindless melodrama; and the sarcastic, obnoxious descriptions that too often frequent so-called "reviews" ... however, it is with a genuine spirit of goodwill and helpful intent that I make an effort to convey my own distasteful experience of this tobacco.

Sadly, a very, very 'soapy' taste which lingered in the mouth for several hours afterwards. I could not escape the sensation (and desperately wanted to!) that there were actual bubbles below my tongue formed, as from an accidental splash of dishwashing liquid. Bitterly disappointed with the purchase of this product, most particularly considering the cost to purchase.

That there are others who enjoy this tobacco, is obvious; otherwise it would not be marketable - I cannot explain my own sensation of the overwhelming soapy taste experienced, but would be remiss if I did not encourage prospective customers to buy a 50g, as opposed to the 100g, for a first taste.

plivingstone.blogspot.com/

Drlawgr Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Drlawgr (6)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

IMO this is the best Black Cherry available in the market. Tastes great, with full aroma, kind of sweet, and the room smells like a cherry freshener has been used. It is not too strong - as a smoke; rather very pleasant! Up to now, everyone around seems to enjoy its smell! It's my every day smoke, and I find it difficult to change it... unless you can propose an even stronger aroma black cherry one, that I'm not aware of... I also have a dedicated pipe for this one; a strongly dedicated one! Nothing else gets in this pipe! Grade:A+++

ex20adayman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ex20adayman (30)
Mild Strong Medium Very Pleasant

This is the first cherry tobacco I have tried and from what I've read on this website, probably the best cherry available.

I like it. I probably only smoke a bowlful every couple of days as it is very sweet, but it is enjoyable and bite-free nontheless. Very pungent aroma in the pouch and has a pleasant aroma that sticks to your clothes after smoking. SWMBO likes the smell of this one so it is probably suitable for smoking indoors or in company.

Be warned however that this stuff will stain your pipe. I now have a dedicated "cherry pipe" as I can't remove the taste from it with anything. It's probably as bad as Erinmore in this respect!

Recommended for those with a very sweet tooth.

UPDATE - couldn't finish this 50g pouch. My usage of this tobacco dropped to about once a fortnight and one day I thought enough is enough and binned the remainder! It's good as cherry tobaccos go I suppose (not that I have tried any others) it's just not my cup of tea anymore

Sasquatch Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sasquatch (65)
Very Mild Extra Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

This is the cherriest of cherries. You could not possible make a more cherry flavored black cav based tobacco. Honestly - I took about a gram of this stuff and cut it into about 7 grams of other mixed tobaccos, and the result was still a noticeable cherry flavour throughout. Rather pleasant actually, but the McLintock's straight from the tin is too much for me.

The background tobacco flavour is almost bitter, but the cherry topping is so sweet and heavy that the backing tobacco could taste like roof tar and you'd never notice.

If you want a big cherry splash and a real gentle smoke, this might do the trick for you. For me, it is something I can use if I am blending things for myself, but I don't smoke it alone very often.

Toddian Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Toddian (5)
Mild to Medium Medium Full Very Pleasant

This is TRULLY the best cherry tobacco I have EVER had! Once i lit this up I was in heaven, this is my MOST favorite tobacco bar none!

spandex Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
spandex (4)

I liked this tobacco. It looked and smelled good in the tin.It packed easy enough. It wasent to difficult to light. It burned smooth and easy, leaving a nice powdery gray ash. At the match however, I was a bit dissapointed at first as it came off as very bland. As I proceeded down the bowl a more pleasent medium flavor came forward and maintained until the bowl was done. This was a nice black cherry flavor that is intentionally medium. It wasent over cased and over candied as is so often true. It must be packed correctly in order to get the full flavor as is true with most high grade tobaccos. I got the opinion of about nine people that sit around me while I smoke, and all thought the room note to be pleasant. The only minor complaint that I had was how expensive it was. Excellent smoke!! I highly recommend it!!

Adguru Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Adguru (20)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

The old saw about aromatics is that they don't taste well but they produce a good room note for those around you. Black Cherry has the "doesn't taste well" covered, but it doesn't create a particularly pleasing room note, either. I'm moving on.