This is a flavor that's delighted palates since the American Revolution. A delicate balance of fine American Virginias and Burleys are matured to produce a hint of sweetness. The aroma creates the illusion of a fine peach dessert.

BrandMcCranie's
3.2
MeriadocBrandybuck Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
MeriadocBrandybuck (3)
Medium Very Strong Very Full Very Pleasant

As always when trying a new tobacco I make sure I have a clean pipe ready to go, opened it, smelled great, couldnt wait to fill my bowl and smoke it. i was blown back, the taste of peaches filled my mouth, loved it, bowl after bowl, but after awhile you become accustomed to it and the flavor becomes less noticeable. this is what i call a treat tobacco, great for any rotation.

RyeWhiskey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
RyeWhiskey (43)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

The tin-note for this blend is very, very nice. It smells great, and has a nice fruit/peach smell to it. You could almost eat this blend right outta the mason jar. The look of this blend is nice, darkened cavendish, with some blonder cuts in it, but not many. It is a thicker blend, and leaves a layer of casing on your hands when messin' around trying to get some out to dry, or putting in in containers.

It tastes nice, but the same fruit tastes gets old, and as great as it smells in the jar, I don't quite like it as much when smoking it. I mean its nice and all, but the fruit in the smoke gets to me after too long and it stays in the pipe, so don't use a pipe you like for others with this blend.

Wife loves the smell of unburnt tobacco, and of the room-note while smoking so thats a plus. All in all, this is a 3 outta 5 for me I'd say, nothing that is outstanding, but nothing that isn't real bad either. If you like aromatics, I'd certainly give this a try.

On a side-note, I purchased this elsewhere than McCranies under the name, Georgian Creme and it smelled exactly the same, looked the same so I ended up putting them in the same jar.

nc_pipe_man Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
nc_pipe_man (1)
Mild Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

When I read the reviews, I was skeptical that something could consistently score so high.

My first indicator that the reviews might be true came upon entering McCranie's and sitting at the bar. When I inquired about Sweet Savannah, the fragrance that met my senses was utterly delicious. My first few draws on my first pipe-full were all I needed to recognize I had stumbled upon a new definition of pleasure.

The unintended consequences of this revelatory experience are twofold: a) I have a new baseline for what defines a "good smoke", and b) I find myself having a "good smoke" far more frequently than I did prior to finding this blend.

Sweet Savannah is an aromatic dream. Someone else mentioned that it is a serious "wife pleaser". Absolutely perfect description.

Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

The voltage regarding strength is barely there... But, regards flavoring it is revved up!

Aromatic fans will rejoice while puffing on this blend (if they like a heavy fruit sort of flavor), because while loaded with extras, Sweet Savannah smokes very cool and dry. Quality all the way, which is what I always get with a McCranie's blend.

Clarkus Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Clarkus (26)
Mild Medium to Strong Full Very Pleasant

I guess I don't like smoking peach pies. This is what I consider cloying.

Now, my son loves it so to each his own. McCranies sells good quality tobacco so if you like the flavor and flavor to this extent you may love it. I would suggest trying a small bag first though.

obxemt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
obxemt (26)
Mild Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

I have found it to be consistantly satisfying. Though it is among the most armoatic tobaccos I have smoked, my wife described its aroma as "light and airy". The aroma in the bowl is sweeter than what one experiences drawing on the pipe and is slightly floral.

It imparts an obvious taste and aroma in the room of cooked peaches, though it is not like smoking a piece of cobbler. It is not disgustingly sweet nor goopy, the flavor is just pronounced. The sweetness is tempered by, and blends into, distinct creaminess that I didn't know was possible in pipe tobacco. If this was ice cream, it would be Bryer's Double Churn.

The flavor was consistant throughout the bowl and didn't change. Though the taste of tobacco was also there throughout, it became more pronounced briefly in the last quarter of the bowl. Bite was non-existant. The hardened English fan will hate it, but if you enjoy a satisying dessert smoke or an occasional aromatic, you may want to give this a try. It is definitely different.

DUPE.1512 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mild Extra Strong Full Pleasant

Finally a blend not re-named? Anyway, this is a very, very strongly cased peach flavored tobacco. The casing is so intense its like smoking peach extract. If you like peaches you should really love this bugger, cause it will bugger up your pipe and your pallate!

Daniel Morlan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Daniel Morlan (50)
Mild Strong Medium Very Pleasant

This has a delightful taste and aroma. It's obviously sweet, and tastes of peaches. The tobacco used isn't cheap, low-grade garbage, either. It has a nice nutty taste that accentuates the fragrant sweetness of the Virginias in this blend.

All-in-all, it is very enjoyable, and, just a HAIR underneath Nevada '64 on my favorite aromatics list, far exceeds more popular blends, such as Blue Note, and Sweet Vanilla honeydew.

The relative low-strength of this tobacco makes it something that you can puff on all day if you wanted to. I enjoy it on a regular basis. Go to McCranies, give it a try, and post a review here!

Daniel

CaptnDan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CaptnDan (242)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Great all-day smoke - nice change of pace from heavy English blends.

Everything Rebel said above is right on the mark. If you like aromatics, you'll love this blend.

Quality blend - as expected, being a McCranie's blend.

RebelPipester Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
RebelPipester (12)
Very Mild Extra Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

WARNING...This is an Aromatic smoker's dream.

With that said, I tried this at McCranie?s tobacco bar. I had one of the gentlemen pull this off the shelf because I like peaches and love peach pie, so I figured this would be blend mixed to taste and smell like peaches.

Well I stuck my head into the jar and it knocked me back with the overwhelming smell of peaches. This has a huge amount of casing. As everyone laughed it off, everyone was shocked that I asked to pack a bowl of this into my tall stack billiard.

This blend is rather one dimensional in it's taste, but it tastes as advertised, but much stronger than anticipated. The smell of caramelized peaches fills the room. If you can believe it, you can actually pick out the taste of Virginia somewhere in the background!

This is a wife pleaser of the utmost extreme. If you want to attract attention, this will do the trick. If you have a pipe that is dedicated to Aromatic smokes, you had better use it, because the casing holds on to the bowl for a good while.

Mid bowl, you get a little Cigar like taste but it doesn't last long.

Lastly, this burns cleanly down the bowl, sometimes to a nice fine gray ash. There is no bite to this blend and it is a perfect desert smoke, even though I can smoke this all day long.

June, 2002.