Notes: Treated exactly the same as Bright Virginia leaf but heated a little longer to produce a darker and stronger leaf as more of the natural Sugars are converted .

BrandSamuel Gawith
Manufactured BySamuel Gawith
Strength
Taste

Sam Gawith-Brown Virginia. Although this says it's straight Virginia when I sniff it I could be fooled into thinking it has a small fruity addition. From the pouch I notice the usual Sam G' predicament... far too moist. And I mean FAR TOO MOIST! It's actually barely smoke-able without some time for it to sit and dry. Although, as this is intended for blending use any thought of immediate smoking is pointless I guess! The flavour of the smoke is very pure Virginia indeed. The fruity likeness found in the un-lit aroma is totally absent. The nicotine is of a mild-medium amount, but again, this is for blending so it could give body to the smoke whilst maybe some Perique gave it some kick! If I were to rate this on its smoke-ability alone it would get just one star but as it's meant for blending with I feel it earns a fair three stars for a Virginia.

Pipe Used: Dagner Poker