Crafted from Virginias, Cavendish and Burley with a blueberry batter pancake casing.

Brandpipesandcigars.com
ContentsCavendish
Packaging1 Pouch, Bulk
Strength
Mild to Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Mild to Medium, Medium to Full

clanobucklin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
clanobucklin (28)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Ok I asked for this one. I got a sample and turned around and ordered 6 more ounces. Pipesandcigars rep then told me it had already sold out but I got the last 6 ounces. Heh, heh.

This is the best morning blend I have ever encountered. If you love blueberry pancakes with maple syrup - then this is the blend for you!

While retaining a tobacco taste - you get a blueberry pancake batter taste with a hint of maple. I smoke outside so I can't really comment about the room note - but if it's anything like the taste it's probably wonderful.

Detractors kavetch about missing the blueberries in the taste but it's there - it's just subtle.

So if like a great morning smoke and are just into Aros give this one a try.

Pipe Used: Straight Grain Acorn

Purchased From: Pipesandcigars.com

Similar Blends: Hearth & Home - Vermont Meat Candy, Pipeworks & Wilke - Vermont Maple Cavendish.

Der Pfeifenraucher Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Der Pfeifenraucher (13)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Just finished my bag of Pancake. This stuff is GOOD, really good. This tobacco surprises with the amount of complexity one experiences throughout the Bowl. Pouch note is distinct and unmistakably berries, like opening a pack of berry bubble gum. That bubble gum smell with maybe a fleeting sniff of maple.

Loads and lights well, char note and flavor is berry, same as the pouch. First third exhibits more of that berry flavor with maple becoming more pronounced as the bowl progresses. Second third is best in my opinion. I imagine this is what the blender was looking for when concocting this tobacco. Berry flavor begins to mellow and maple begins to ramp up. The flavors combine perfectly to create the flavor/scent experience of the blueberry pancake. It is spot on and really well done. Last third of the bowl the berry fades leaving maple to take over. The maple component is the best tobacco casing I have ever smoked. It is exactly maple syrup and upon retrohale you get the feeling there is actual syrup on the tongue. The final third also lets the tobacco come through in a bigger way. Fine quality Burleys and Virginias smoothed with Cavendish and topped with the exquisite maple.

Pancake has a nice nicotine level for a mid day smoke. The flavor sticks with you for a while as a pleasant afterthought. Just a really great smoking experience.

When I first lit this tobacco up Wife walked in the room and remarked how good it smelled. Now Wife loathes the fact that I smoke so it caught me off guard. On a whim I asked her what it smells like. Without my hinting she said Blueberry muffins. Testament to a great blend in my book.