This description is an edited version of the CR Flake description from this site:

100% pure virginia leaf with no additional flavours made from a blend of Brazilian, Zimbabwe and Malawi bright virginia leaf. The pressed tobacco as with all flakes, is left to mature to allow for the best combination of flavours.

BrandGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
Blended ByGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
Manufactured ByGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
Blend TypeVirginia Based
CutPlug
Strength
None Detected, Very Mild
Taste
Medium, Medium to Full
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
Medium Very Mild Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

The various Virginias are grassy and hay-like as they are in the flake version. The differences between that and the plug is the latter is a little sweeter, and a little more floral, though the Lakeland strength is just a percentage point or two more noticeable. The flavors are deeper and stronger due to the pressing of the plug, which is common. It requires some prep and dry time, but I found it better if it’s not completely dried out. Otherwise, you’ll lose a little of what makes this even better than the flake version. Could be an all day smoke depending on how patient you are dealing with plugs. Burns slow, cool with a consistent taste and no harsh or bitter notes.

Gawith Hoggarth Bright CR Plug. It took me quite a while to cut and prepare this, it's a very firm/hard pressed plug but on the plus side it's easily worth the hard work! As I mentioned, it's a very firm plug so a good sharp blade is imperative to slice it, if the knife isn't any good be prepared for a laborious task! Once I have a small pile of the prepared tobacco I take a smell of it, it doesn't state that there are toppings of any kind but along side the Virginia aroma there is a slightly disquiet musty fragrance detected. Because I spent a good proportion of time on the prep' it afforded me the opportunity to create quite fine pieces and once lit I am glad I took my time. The burn is decidedly good, it burns consistent and only needs a 'boost' with the flame if I allow it to sit un-puffed for too long. As it is smoked it accumulates a crust like ash which needs sporadic tapping/scraping otherwise the smoking will be impeded. The flavour of it summarizes what a Virginia tobacco should taste like, pleasingly the musty tang found in the aroma has been vanquished and all that remains is an honest, true, full Virginia flavour. I have heard how this can bite if smoked voraciously but it hasn't bit me once, regardless of how enthusiastically I smoke it. The Nicotine in Bright Plug CR could possibly be a bit heavy for some, it isn't the strongest but it is easily recognizable. Room note? A straight forward Virginia one, not heavy, not light but a very middle weight one. I normally tend to steer clear of plug tobaccos but this really remunerates the time spent getting it sliced and ready, hence four stars!

Pipe Used: Peterson Harp 03