Rich and complex blend of Red and Golden Virginias, Burley, and Black Cavendish assembled in oak Whiskey Barrels and infused with Hickory Nut and Exotic Fruit

BrandCaminetto
Blended ByKohlhase, Kopp und Co. KG
ContentsBurley, Virginia, Black Cavendish
FlavoringFruit / Citrus, Nuts / Beans
Strength
Mild, Medium
Mild, Medium to Strong, Very Strong, Extra Strong
Taste
Mild, Medium
2.3
Hauser Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hauser (16)

I picked up a tin of this after not being able to find any more Lombardo. It is certainly a different tobacco. The tin note is one of the most unusual I've ever smelled. As the description above states, this aromatic is infused with Hickory Nut and Exotic Fruit. I can't identify the fruit but its pleasant and translates into a very likeable room note.

In the tin this was dry, appropriately dry, along the lines of a Cornell and Diehl aromatic. In the pipe, I have to say, this is the driest aromatic I've ever smoked. I found it to be very smooth and pleasant without changing much down the bowl. I could see where this might go hot for some but for me, its been a cool smoke without any bite. Not much of a rich tobacco taste but not as artificial as other have found. Overall, I like it a lot and recommend you give it a try if you enjoy unusual aeromatics.

Mild Very Strong Mild Pleasant

If you just read the old Can opener's review, then you have really don't need to read mine. The tin looked inviting. The smell in the tin was very sweet (thought I was whiffing rose petals), and at the match, well, like I said, ditto Can Opener.

If you like aromatics, I guess you can try this, but if you like more of a tobacco flavor, duck and run from Como!

canopener Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
canopener (5)
Medium Extra Strong Medium Pleasant

Let me start off by saying that I like a good aromatic. However, the flavoring in this tobacco leaves a stink-stain in my pipes comparable to roses. If you like smoking leaf that tastes like it should come from a botanical garden rather than from a tobacco farm, this one's for you.

tomchaffin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
tomchaffin (3)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

I smoke this in the evenings after a long hard day. Very sweet smell in the can, also is sweet as you smoke it. You must like an aromatic to like this. Will bit if puffed to quickly.