For the pipe man who likes more flavour. Heavily accented with latakia and brown Virginia leaf, the blend is rounded off by the addition of a little Turkish and a good helping of burley. On the nose the smell is fantastic, light up and the latakia is there center stage but well supported by the rest. Robust in character and not one for the lover of aromatics.

BrandSmoke King
Blended BySmoke King
Manufactured BySmoke King
ContentsBurley, Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
Packaging25g Tin, 25g Pouch
CountryUnknown
Strength
Taste
Medium to Full, Full
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
Medium None Detected Full Pleasant

Smoke King Britannia Mixture. I wasn't sure what to expect with this as it is not from one of the more eminent companies, but as they give such great internet service I thought I'd give it a go. When I first opened it I was greeted by a splendid looking mix, where the pieces range in colour from light golden right up to jet black, what a visual pleasure! Now thinking more logically, what I notice is the perfect moisture level, which fills me with assurance that this will ignite perfectly, and it does. Once lit I realise that just because this is not from a known dealer it should not be ignored as it's awesome! The Virginia acts as this blends backbone and base, as it can be easily identified but does not outshine the other flavours. The Burley is probably the least noticeable ingredient, but is still there to acknowledge if you try to identify it, with the smoky Latakia taking the limelight with pure brilliance. Even if I suck like crazy tongue bite still remains very elusive with a nicotine level that is brilliant, where it is hard to not inhale it as it is sheer perfection and the smoke slides down with ease! This is a blend I could smoke all day long and still want more! To be succinct, if you live in the U.K and can get it then it is a must that you try it ... perfection!

Pipe Used: Devorin Denovic Morta

Purchased From: Smoke King

This is a wonderful smoke. Chock full of flavor. The Latakia is "in your face", but somehow allows the other components to have their say. It's very smoky with a little wood and spice. The Virginias are mildly sweet with a hint of fruit. I have to differ with StevieB on one point and it's probably because I've used only cobs with this blend. I get a nice taste of sweet, nutty Burley and I find the Orientals to be the least noticeable component. I can barely detect those in a note of spice. For me, it's the Burley that makes this shine. I'll eventually get around to smoking this in a briar, but it taste so good in a cob that I can't bring myself to do it yet. This is lovely stuff.

Medium in body. Medium to full in taste. No added flavorings.

Pipe Used: MM Country Gentleman, MM Mark Twain, MM Freehand

Purchased From: acquired in trade (Thanks Steve)