A blend of broad cut, fire-cured bright Virginia, with dark tobaccos for body and the addition of latakia and a little Turkish to balance the flavour.

BrandWesley's
Blended ByColin Wesley
CountryZA
Strength
Taste
Medium to Full, Very Full
Pleasant to Tolerable, Tolerable
twaksak Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
twaksak (54)
Medium to Strong None Detected Very Full Tolerable

This blend has a definitive oriental / Latakia nose and taste. Some comments were that it smells like weed. TO me though, a better description would be the smell of walking into a Persian / Turkish shop. Also notes of a mouldy cellar smell.

Personally I like Latakia / Oriental and therefore I liked this blend a lot. Clearly Oriental favours coming through with notes of spicy, woody, cellar-like. Room note not that pleasant to my family, but resemblance a more traditional tobacco smell.

Purchased From: Wesleys

ShaunR Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ShaunR (2)

I've been trying many tobaccos now since I started pipe smoking 6 months ago. I've decided that English blends are the ones for me.

Oriental Blend from Wesley's is an outright winner for me. Great taste with a hint of sweetness and beautiful aroma. I cannot help but french inhale a bit of smoke every now and then. The Latakia is evident from the first light but not overpowering.

Burns evenly and cool without much relighting. Havent had any tongue bite but you can get bitten if drawn too quickly. I tend to sip slowly to keep the smoke cool.

Great smoke! made it to No. 1 in my rotation.

Pipe Used: Marca Dry system.

Age When Smoked: smoked when bought

Purchased From: Puff and Groom, Cradlestone Mall

Similar Blends: Samuel Gawith - Squadron Leader.