Summer Night starts with a slowly toasted and steamed black Cavendish that has been sweetened with the flavor of tangy, ripe raspberries, for a wonderful aroma and smooth flavor.

Manufactured BySutliff
1.0
Dr_frankenstein Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dr_frankenstein (5)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

So Summer Night. I had nervous feelings about this one when I first received the leaf from a good friend of mine in a cigar bomb. It was a generous ounce and a half sample. The whole package reeked of this cough syrup berry smell when I first pulled it out of the mailbox. I could smell it through an unopened postal box. The tobacco itself had been packed in double ziplocked baggies. Needless to say I was leery about this stuff for a solid 6 months and left it jarred deep within my tobacco cabinet.

Well after finally going through the Cherry and berry phase of my smoking I finally gathered enough guts to try it out. I used a dedicated cob or a glass taster for this blend and after a solid night of drying in the new mexico desert it was just coming around to the right moisture. Sign number two this was not going to fair well. I approached the blend unfiltered and my tongue paid dearly for it, the instant hot blast of prickly needles attacked and left me quite sore for a few days after this first attempt at Summer Night. It refused to stay lit, it attacked my mouth, it was refusing to dry. I chalked this bad first experience to just needing a different approach and so this time I went for the typical aromatic level dry (just about crispy) which took a full 2 days and I used a 6mm filter. Okay we have a bit of success... Much like CAO cherry bomb in intensity and candy/artificial flavor and aroma just with a deep black raspberry. For me I like that kind of thing in an aro, and I was content with what the blend offered in that respect. Now much dryer then before it was smoking... Not great but smoking. So the point in puffing cadence where I found it most enjoyable and flavorful was right at the edge of biting. So it was easy to push to far if not paid attention to and it still was some work to maintain the ember and keep lit. Lots of relights, just over all not a good time with this blend. Somewhat a dry smoke and slightly chemical aftertaste. The work just to try and smoke this blend is a huge turnoff as I can live with a bit of bite. Pass this one by, there is better candy smokes then this.

Pipe Used: cobs, glass

Age When Smoked: unknown

Purchased From: gifted in a bomb