London Eye is a noble pipe tobacco of the highest quality. The perfect marriage of Golden, Red and dark Virginia tobaccos in different cuts are rounded off with Burley and Black Cavendish. The aroma of rum, coconut and macadamia nuts makes it a truly exceptional blend.

BrandRattray
2.0
austrianpiper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
austrianpiper (1)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild Tolerable

When you open the tin you will greeted by a loose cut tobacco with a golden, brown and black picture. The smell of coconut and some sweet alcoholic dominate. I can not detect the macadamia nuts (how do macadamia nuts smell?) The moisture is perfect out of the tin.

I would recommend medium or bigger bowls so the tobacco can develop better. It is easy to pack and light. I had also no problems with relights, the taste remains constant until to the end of the bowl. The smoke is cool and you can taste a sweet smoething with a undertone of coconut. The room note is not too brash and the ladies will love it.

For me this tobacco is a bit too bland and boring, may be that can be due to the fact that I am a filter smoker. I have not tried it without filter, because I think it would bite my tongue. It also could be a bit stronger. I think it is a middle of the road aromatic and for that price (€ 19,90 for 100g, bought in Vienna) I am a bit disapointed about this stuff. Kohlhase und Kopp can do that better.

I will finish this tin, but I will not buy it again. If you are an aromatic lover try to get a sample of this stuff so you can decide if you like it.

I give 2 stars.

Pipe used: Vauen Giant 447, Stanwell Black Diamond No. 13, John Aylesbury No. 602

Filter used: Vauen, Stanwell, White Elephant Super Mix