An extremely light-bodied mixture of seasoned, ribbon-cut lemon tobaccos of the highest grade. A wonderful morning or afternoon smoke, with a delightful pastry aroma.

BrandMcCranie's
ContentsBurley, Cavendish, Virginia
Strength
Taste
Extremely Mild (Flat), Very Mild, Mild, Mild to Medium
2.0
Clarkus Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Clarkus (26)
Very Mild Medium Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant to Tolerable

There just isn't anything here. I've had a two ounce pouch for at least three years and still have half of it.

benjaminbriarpipes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
benjaminbriarpipes (1)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

I first tried "danish delight" when I bought it from my local Tinder Box tobacco shop which is now out of business. I really enjoyed it at that time. After My local Tinder Box store closed I looked for it at Tinder Box's website and couldn't find it. Years later I found out that McCranie's had a "danish delight" as well. I figured it was probably the same blend and bought 8 oz. of it. When I received the tobacco I was disappointed... It had hints of the same aroma but after all it was different. I even asked my friends who had loved it before and they all agreed that it was different. With all of that said this is a decent very light tobacco. If you enjoy a mild, sweet smoke with no tongue bite, you will most likely not regret giving this a try, though it most likely will not become your favorite. The consistency of the tobacco is light and fluffy and burns well. The room note is great! You will have anti-tobacco activists wanting to start smoking a pipe! The only negative things that I would add about this blend is that the casing tends to taste a little bad at the end of the bowl as do a lot of flavored blends.

CaptnDan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CaptnDan (242)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

This is a very nice light aromatic. Don't go looking for any big flavor, it simply isn't there. But the flavor that is there is certainly good.

Mine arrived a bit moist, but not terribly so. I let the bag sit open for just a couple of hours and it was fine.

Packed easily, lit and stayed lit well. Smoked quite evenly, and towards the end there was a bit of a tobacco taste. In other words, the topping held up quite well. You won't make any enemies by smoking this one around people.

There isn't any real subtlety, no nuances, just a pleasant aromatic that doesn't get goopy.

The only reason I didn't rate this higher is that I don't really smoke light aromatics much lately. But That doesn't mean I won't smoke this from time to time. And who knows? When this pouch is empty, I might replace it.

The folks at McCranies are great, you can order from them with complete confidence. And no, I don't work for them. But they will sure work for you - customer service is the best I have encountered when ordering off the 'net.

HOBBIT Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
HOBBIT (5)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I ordered a couple ounces of Danish Delight on a whim, because it sounded good. On arrival, this blend was very moist, and almost impossible to keep lit. However, because of it's delicious package aroma, I was determined to give it an honest try. Predominantly ribbon cut virginia, of an even light brown color, it packs nicely in a medium to larger size bowl. But that moisture was a definite problem. Rapid puffing, trying to keep the fire up, led to a nasty bite, and to my putting the stuff on the shelf and forgeting about it....... 6 months later....... While rummaging around in the den one day, I " rediscovered " my bag of Danish Delight. To my delight, it had dried considerably, but still had that yummy aroma. What a wonderful surprise!! Packed loosely into a "work pipe" corncob, this stuff was great! Rich and creamy, sweet and full, with a room note that brought my wife from the other end of the house to investigate! Conclusion: Definitely not an all day smoke. But when dried out a bit, this is one sweet treat for occasional, after dinner "sippin'". HOBBIT