Selected Virginias and Burley leaf blended with black Cavendish are left to marry . Cased with Vanilla flavouring to produce a wonderfully sweet , aromatic , moist Tobacco . Slow burning and cool with no tongue bite at all .Goes well with Century Vanilla when blended half and half .

BrandCentury
Manufactured ByCentury
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley
FlavoringVanilla
Strength
Very Mild, Mild
Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
2.0
JimInks (2077)
Very Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

The Virginia is mildly grassy with a slight sweetness. I hardly notice the burley, which has a light nuttiness. Whatever vanilla is in the black cavendish is, like the Virginia, much sublimated by the vanilla topping, which lacks a little in depth. Has no nic-hit. Burns well and fairly cool, and requires few relights. Can get a little warm if puffed real fast. Leaves no moisture in the bowl. Leaves a pleasant after taste. An all day, routine smoke that works well as a mixer.

Mild Medium to Strong Mild Pleasant

Century - Black Kathy.

Note: one of my earlier reviews which was tinged by my head injury, it was still a relatively recent vicissitude for me when I originally posted. So, needed redoing, it was a bit poor in my opinion!

The colour's the same as its namesake: jet black. The hydration isn't too synonymous with the type of blend it is, blends of this variety are often soaking but this is more than acceptable.

I find the added flavour a little higher than my previous post of it, it sits just above medium, but isn't too stodgy. It's a 'crisper' vanilla taste to start with until after a third: this is where it becomes more laid back; that's laid back, not gloopy. In all fairness the heavier topping results in the tobacco flavours seeming almost superfluous, they need specific identification. Of the natural flavours I get the most of the Virginia's honey trait, I don't get much hay/citrus from it and the Burley's nuttiness is pretty well redundant. It doesn't bite but without tentative sipping it burns too fast.

Nicotine: mild. Room-note: pleasant.

Last time I highly recommended this, but after nearly 1500 reviews I think this is the quintessential two star blend:

Somewhat recommended.

Pipe Used: Golden Emperor Meer'

Purchased From: G.Q. Tobaccos