A convenient combination presented in one seductive little package, the "Pipa" pack offers a simple, handy, sweet-smoking cob pipe complete with a 1.5 oz packet of a flavorful vanilla Cavendish blend. Free pipe in every pouch.

BrandPipa
Strength
Taste
2.5
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

The grassy Virginia is mostly M.I.A. as it takes a back seat the other components. The gold cavendish has a few honey notes, and the black cavendish is vanilla with a cocoa note or two. The vanilla extract topping is kind of syrupy with a watered down flavor. Burns well and I would not smoke it fast. But I also wouldn't smoke it any more than I had to. The cheap pipe that comes with it is should clue you in on the lack of merits of this blend.

CornCob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CornCob (81)
Extremely Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

It's tough for me to be critical of a $5 pouch and pipe combo, certainly not a bad deal for what it is but probably my least favourite blend in the Pipa line. I feel it's worth mentioning that the Van-cav is the only one that comes with a crumby pipe ( a really crumby pipe). The Pipa cherry and whiskey blends both come with genuine Missouri Meershaum cobs,factory seconds I'm sure but good none the less. Where the Vanilla has a cheap narrow gauge chinese cob that will burn out before you can finish the pouch.

This blend is identical to Smoker's Pride Vanilla Cavendish which is made by STG as well, the only difference between the two is this blend is much drier out of the pouch. I find it middle of the road as far as aromatic flavour is concerned, mild in the vitamin N dept and one can't help but associate the flavour and room note with Capt. Black White. If you are purchasing it for the free pipe inside stick to the cherry or whiskey varieties, other than that it's a serviceable blend in a pinch and you really can't get any better value for five bucks in the pipe smoking world these days, and in this case it's worth the money.

Age When Smoked: current production

Similar Blends: Smokers Pride Vanilla Cavendish.

Dr_frankenstein Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dr_frankenstein (5)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Pleasant

Pipa... I was sold by the name and as my wife says, "the Slut on the bag"

I like it, and infact has turned into a rotational favorite. I love it with a cup of coffee on my drive to work, just a delightful and simple blend.

Yea its some cheap stuff. I dont suspect the tobaccos are of the highest quality but the blend itself was well put together and its function is perfect. The vanilla aroma is spot on to me, strong and chewy but not sour in taste and actually fairs up much better to me then Lanes -1Q. It does require a bit of drying, just a dish overnight on what i plan to smoke the next morning gets the moisture just right for hassel free enjoyment. It will bite if you go freight train on it, so best kept mellow. With a little drying it has never gooped my piece and rarely gurgles. Ghost is acceptible and fades quickly, relights are few, and ashy tasting bottoms are rare. The Blonde Tyrant actually enjoys this blend in the house, saying "it smells like vanilla and not a pipe" !!!!! so all in all a winner in my book.

Now the other opinions on it. They included a free pipe. Yes it is as cheap as you could possibly imagine, but not complete garbage. I burned out the first one, but with some glue and a little repair- that stupid china cob is now one of my best smokers, whooping up on some pricey briar. Go-Figure. Now what makes this the shooting star.................. The Sticker. I come from the car world so stickers with parts seem normal to me... but one with my tobacco? thats something to display! And yes... I do indeed like the red-head on the bag. Its cheap... you wont cry if you toss it and you get a sticker and pipe. for 5 bucks... its worth the try.

Pipe Used: China Cob, cob, Stanwell, Nording, MM My pal.

Age When Smoked: constantly fresh... never last long.

Purchased From: Pipes and Cigars, CI and Ccom

Similar Blends: Lane 1Q.

From Etten Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
From Etten (22)

8-Pleasure, satisfaction; 8-Top note, slip stream aroma, sipping the embers; 9-Delivery, balance, flavor profile; 9-Blend composition, quality, burn; 9-Pack, relight, develop; room note (dictator spoke). Note to Me – A savory smoke. Solid Three Stars.

Pipe Used: Cob, Tsuge, Hilton