An easy packing, slow burning mix due to its unique cuts. As the name implies, this blend offers a light Burley flavor without the usual heaviness.

BrandMcCranie's
Blend TypeBurley Based
ContentsBurley
Packaging50g Tin, Bulk
Strength
Extremely Mild, Very Mild
Taste
Extremely Mild (Flat)
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
1.8

This is a light, gentle, easy to smoke buttery Burley, with a delightful room note. Pack it firmly to help mitigate any bite. This really is a decent smoke for when you are not meaning to "savor", and are otherwise distracted by reading, listening to music, etc.

I dont' recommend smoking this outside, as the fine cut burns very hot in any wind. Two and a half out of four stars.

DUPE.1512 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Very Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Tolerable

For a burley this is flat, has no flavor, character, balls or backbone. Burley lite indeed.

workingstiff Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
workingstiff (39)
Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

Now I like burley blended or straight but this lacks any balls for a burley. This is good for blending with other tobacco to give some of that burley taste but as a straight smoke I don't know. Hmmm, as a upgrade to Prince Albert it doesn't have the nicotine or the interesting history of the Prince. I do find it mild and lacking the heavy moisturizing chemical treatments of the over the counter burley blends. Yet I love those American classics they have a robustness and character this lacks. This is definitely a good blender and perhaps a good intro to burley that shouldn't scare anybody off. Never the less, it is a little boring.

Extremely Mild Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Very Pleasant

As the name implies, a light burley taste. It is quality burley, not the drugstore kind. If you like burley but don't want it IV dripped into your veins, well, here you go.

canopener Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
canopener (5)
Very Mild Very Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Very Pleasant

This was the first blend that my local tobacconist helped me pick out when I first picked up the pipe about six months ago (more experienced smokers may wish to ignore this review :). The pouch aroma is wonderful...and is the specific aroma which helped draw me to the pipe.

After trying other blends, I returned to this one, and I discovered that flavor is almost non-existant. I would compare it to placing one's mouth over the opening of a humidifier. I may as well have, it smoked pretty wet. However, it gave me quite a cool smoke.

I cannot say if I will try this one again, but I am certain to keep the tobacco and place it strategically in my room to give it that "tobacco shop smell."