Notes: Smoker's Paradise is a boutique pipe tobacco shop in Clearwater, Florida. Founded in 1976 by Alfio Nucifora, they specialize in house blended tobacco. In 2011 Mr. Nucifora retired, and the shop came under new management, however the blend recipes and product lines have stayed the same.

50/50 is an in-house take on half and half, mixing 50% of their house blend Black Knight with 50% Golden Cavendish.

BrandSmoker's Paradise Clearwater
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Cavendish
FlavoringRum
Strength
Taste
Pipe Newb Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipe Newb (40)

This blend mixes Black Knight with a Golden Cavendish, however I usually refer to it as "Black Night Light" - it has a substantially softer room note, the golden cav supresses the molasses/burned caramel notes in black knight, and replaces them with a softer honey note on the palatte.

The addition of gold cav also seems to improve the lighting of Black Knight somewhat, I notice that even when I set my pipe down, I typically only have to tamp and puff to get this to relight without having to use my lighter again.

At the end of the day, I still prefer the full Black Knight blend to this tobacco, however it is a nice change of pace.

Pipe Used: Benton Bulldog, Cob