This is a shag cut blend of light and medium brown Virginias with a high percentage of fruity black Perique. Mild, naturally sweet, pure tobacco flavor.

BrandBrigham Enterprises Inc.
Blend TypeVirginia/Perique
ContentsPerique, Virginia
CutShag
Packaging1.76 oz Tin
Strength
Taste

I am smoking a bowl of this in a Como's Collector edition while reviewing and am enjoying the blend very much. This blend is in their Legends Series. This is the first blend by this maker for me and with my penchant these days for VaPers is was a natural first choice for me. Based on this blend I will be trying more in the future.

First off, I aged this tin for 6 months prior to smoking it. On opening the tin, I was greeted with a rich and full tin aroma of Fruit and Virginia sweetness. It is a riff cut composed of tobaccos running from light brown up to the very dark brown of the perique. The tobacco was much too moist for my taste, so I dumped it in a bowl, spread it out and let it dry for 24 hours. to my pleasure it dried to just the right moisture content. It packs easy onto the pipe and is very easy to light up. It burns very cool and without any tongue bite at all. Could easily be an all day smoke. It claims to be very rich in perique and looking at it one can see it does, however, smoking it, the perique is very mold and not on your face at all. It does give a slight fruity spicy taste to the smoke, but not overly so. The smoke is very rich and sweet and is simply delicious with coffee. It burns down the bowl leaving a steely grey ash that looks like cigar ash. It smokes clean to the bottom, leaving no residue to speak of. The room note is very pleasant and not heavy. I do mot pick up any added flavorings, just a nice all natural tobacco flavor.

I am impressed with this blend. I am enjoying it very much, and look forward to the next bowl of it. I think this is very much a blend to try and therefore highly recommend it.

Pipe Used: briar, corn cob, meers

Purchased From: Pipesandcigars.com