Russ' Blend of the Month for October 2013 Candy Corn is a sweet, but not too-sweet blend of Virginia and black Cavendish with a subtle vanilla note reminiscent of the autumn treat

Brandpipesandcigars.com
Blended ByRuss Ouelette
Manufactured Bypipesandcigars.com
ContentsBurley, Cavendish
FlavoringVanilla
Strength
Taste
Medium to Full, Full
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
2.5
wmf Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
wmf (4)
Mild Medium to Strong Full Very Pleasant

OK sweet tooth people- This aro is good one. Not overly sweet but I'll be darned if it doesn't taste like a tobacco you'd buy at the state fair (if possible). Caramel, popcorn, and some good dark ribbon cut virginia and black cav flavor. Really good tobacco. A fantastic and interesting smoke at task. For me, a bit cloying in one stationary smoking sesh unless in a small bowl for a short break. I blend this stuff 1 to 1 in a freezer bag with C&D's Billy Budd and press it between 2 oak boards clamped as tight as I can get em. Let em love on each other for a month and pop it open. Fantastic stuff. Solid 3 star aro and a 4 star blender.

Pipe Used: Small bowled various

Purchased From: P&C

Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

I bought 4 oz of this just for fun. It was very sweet, and it was a pleasant enough smoke that managed to hit the Candy Corn flavor nicely.

I smoked probably half the bag and gave the rest away. I can smoke it, but for my taste buds, I want more tobacco flavor.

A friend of mine mixed this half and half with G, H & Co.'s Dark Plug, and I was impressed. It was still sweet, but it gained some muscle. I found this a very nice (and unexpected) combo. I smoked about an ounce of the mix and enjoyed it.

if you want seriously sweet in a blend that is mild, this is probably a 3.