This dark, decadent blend combines fire-cured Cavendish, bright Virginias and Burleys with the delicious aromas of natural Royal Ann cherry and dark chocolate. A bit sweet, extremely rich, and unquestionably smooth.

BrandCult

3.2
FenneckFox Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
FenneckFox (9)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Full Pleasant to Tolerable

This is a wonderful cherry aromatic. Not your typical blend. This is in my opinion a perfectly balanced blend of flavors. The cherry flavor is great. Not artificial tasting. The chocolate is very creamy and mixes perfect. This is a harmonious smoke. I love this blend more and more every time I smoke it. It is easily my favorite aromatic. Most aromatics don't taste as good as the description, this one does. The tobacco used is also top notch and is not hidden under all the casing and flavor. It is a wonferfull mix of tobacco and flavor. If you had given up on cherry in the past, heck, if you had given up on aromatics period, this may change your mind. Best flavor ever.

Pipe Used: All grades of briar, MM cobs

Age When Smoked: fresh tin and aged. its all good

Purchased From: PipesandCigars

Similar Blends: Can't think of a comparable blend..

SmokeDawg Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SmokeDawg (82)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I'm impressed. Right off the bat this is the best cherry blend I've smoked and I'm not a big cherry blend lover. It's a blend all it's own. It gives me the impression of "old school" yet it's like a modern day twist. It's as if that blend your grandfather smoked was updated and brought into this century. Or something like steampunk, the old mixed with a futuristic twist on realilty. The only negative thing I find is in the tin there is a strange medicine like smell along with the cherry. However it doesnt carry over to the smoking experience. Although not much the bottom of the bowl was wet.

This blend is similar to Drew Estates "7th Ave. Blonde" in the since the fragrance packs a whallup and it's rich sweetness stays with you. The taste and fragrance? Imagine a rich cherry and chocolate flavor. It's as if they mixed 7th Ave Blonde with the chocolate of Central Park Stroll. It's good and holds a great flavor along with it's cherry profile in both taste and room note. I recommend this to any pipe smoker who likes aro's or use to smoke aro's and gave up on them. This is a good one to have around. I couldn't imagine a cherry blend getting better than this one.

Pipe Used: Corn Cob. Washington

lostdog13 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
lostdog13 (2)
Very Mild Strong Full Very Pleasant

I have tried aromatics in the past, and decided that other than an occasional smoke when the mood hits me; I would avoid them. Cult came as part of a sampler pack, and I knew nothing about the blend. I chose it out of curiosity from the name, and later learned it was a cherry blend. I decided to crack it open, and was quickly blasted with the smell of cherry cordials. The tobacco packed easy, lit easy, and burned all the way down to fine ash. There is a little goop left over, but it is very little compared to most aromatics. The room note is absolutely amazing, and unlike most aromatics I've smoked; you taste cherry and chocolate. I suggest this blend to anyone wanting to try an aromatic, and highly suggest this blend to aromatic smokers.

Pipe Used: Dr. Grabow Savoy

Purchased From: Pipesandcigars.com

Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

About once a year I get the urge to smoke a cherry blend for something different. This time I picked this blend as I just kind of liked the name and it has been getting decent reviews. It comes in a 1.75 oz tin and upon opening the tin aroma just bursts out into the room, a rich chocolate cherry note that smells like a cherry liqueur or like cherry cordials. It is pretty moist but will dry out somewhat by leaving the tin open in the room a few days. It is also a nit sticky so needs to be packed somewhat loose or you lose the draw. It is a loose riff cut in a mix of browns from medium up to very dark. This is one of the mildest cherry blends as far as tongue bite, you would have to puff like a mad man to get tongue bite so that is a large plus over other cherry blends. It is fill of flavor with a base of cherry and the chocolate giving it a rich fullness. It does not get too strong burning down and leaves a fluffy light grey ash. It does get rather moist towards the bottom of the bowl but if patient it can be smoked all the way down. Now, here is the great thing about this tobacco, the room note. It is very pleasant, it does hand heavy in the room but it smells great. You can smell the cherry and the chocolate and yet you can smell the base tobacco. It is not cloying at all. I would recommend this tobacco to both aromatic lovers and non aro lovers. It is a great after dinner smoke as it can become a desert. The only thing I don't like about this blend is it is way to moist and sticky. Other than that it is one of the better cherry blends on the market.

Pipe Used: briar, meers, corn cobs

Age When Smoked: 3months

oldorder Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
oldorder (22)
Very Mild Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

I used to smoke Cherry tobaccos years ago. So I thought I'd give Cult a try. There's not too much goo and it burned well. It is very Cherry and I guess that's good for those that are looking for that. The flavor is so strong I have begun blending it in other offerings to make a more acceptable room note for my wife. Probably won't be smoking it much on it's own, though it's not bad at all. Just not my cup of tea.

Pipe Used: Cobs and occasionally briar

Age When Smoked: Fresh from the tin

Similar Blends: Similar to many of the Cherry blends. But not as hard on your tongue. For those looking for Cherry it's what I would recommend..

KJJern Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
KJJern (1)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

My experience with this blend is identical to Cen-Tex's -- it was just OK fresh out of the tin, but after letting it sit in my tobacco cabinet for a couple months it came alive. The flavor is full on creamy cherry. Not too sweet and not just a fruity after taste like other cherry tobaccos I've tried. It's smooth and delicious. While not my favorite tobacco of all time, it's in my rotation and will stay there unless it gets discontinued like a lot of "new discoveries" seem to end up lately. But I don't think that will happen to this blend. It's a keeper.

Pipe Used: Molina Sera

CenTex Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CenTex (18)
Medium Strong Full Very Pleasant

When I first got this, I did not like it. It wouldn't burn and puffing to keep it going produced a serious bite.

I set it aside and have let it dry quite a bit. Now I like it very much. Oddly, I don't get a lot of cherry in the flavor, but more of a spicy/incense taste. The room note is a hit with my wife. She thought it was incense. Produces thick clouds of smoke, nice flavor. I recommend to anyone who likes aromatics.

Pipe Used: Savinelli 413 KS, Jirsa Poker

Purchased From: pipesandcigars

JimInks (2028)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The nuttiness from the burley is not very noticeable; the earth is a little bit. The Virginia is processed in the cavendish style with a little grass, honey, toast, and citrus. There's a little brown sugar from the black cavendish.The cherry flavor is okay, but not deep, and I got a sour note or two, plus a little syrup near the finish. The chocolate underscores the experience. Won't bite, but can get slightly warm if puffed like a steam engine. Barely has any nicotine. Burns at a moderate pace with a fairly consistent flavor, though the toppings weaken just a mite as you get toward the finish, It will leave some moisture in the pipe, but no dottle, and requires a few relights. The after taste is okay, but the syrup distracts. An all day smoke. Two and a half stars.

The Sunday Evening Pipe Smoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Sunday Evening Pipe Smoker (41)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Pipe tobacco smokers seem to invariably fall into one of two camps: those who enjoy aromatics and those who don't. The reality is more complex. What it comes down to, I find, is that there is a very vocal anti-aromatic crowd who tend to view aromatics as somehow "impure."

Now I am one who enjoys a good straight Virginia,. I also enjoy Latakia blends, from Frog Morton's Cellar, original Frog Morton, Plum Pudding, etc., but I also enjoy a good aromatic.

Now, there are indeed many poor quality aromatics that leave one wanting, feeling like one has smoked a bowl of hot air that only has the effect of biting the tongue. But they aren't all like that. (I've also had some Latakia and other blends that have left me feeling like I have a sinus cold and a sore throat, but there too, they aren't all like that.)

Cult Blood Red Moon is an example of a really good aromatic. What's more, it's a good example of a good cherry flavoured aromatic. In fact, it was unbelievably good -- though with the caveat that it was only good for the first half of the bowl; after that it degrades.

It is worth noting that when I say "cherry" what I mean is sour cherry or possibly black cherry. There is a certain tart sweetness to it, both in terms of the room note and in terms of the flavour -- and yes, it absolutely translates into the flavour, at least for the first half of the bowl.

As for that room note, it's delightful. Pretty much that classic pipe smoke scent that most people think of with pipe tobacco.

It isn't easy to get tongue bite with it, so that's a plus -- and I can't say the same for MacBaren's cherry offering. Like I say though, you could porbably just pack half a bowl of this and that would be all you'd want, since after that, it loses it flavour and becomes a little ashy.

natibo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
natibo (153)
Mild to Medium Strong Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

This is by all means one of the best cherry blends I have ever had. It packs a lot of flavor without being artificial in taste. No bite that I can detect. Mix it with some cube cut burley for some more nic and yes it's wonderful.

Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild Very Pleasant

Cult - Blood Red Moon.

Like many, I first heard of this through the Dagner's on YouTube, and as I've recently been enjoying more aromatics compared to usual (especially Lane's Dark Red) I thought I'd give this as bash.

There's no confusing what this is flavoured with: I always crack a fresh tin open over my waste paper bin and even at that distance my nose got a strong assault of cherries! It comes as no shock (with it smelling so strongly) that it's too damp, but as that's nothing out of the ordinary for a stronger aro I won't hold that against it.

On with the smoke: if a top end cherry aromatic is what you're looking for you've found it here. Although the cherries are the more formidable of the extra flavours the taste isn't bitter: the chocolate takes any harshness out of the scene and replaces it with a silky creaminess. Other than the Cavendish I can't really detect much flavour from the other two tobacco's, it's quite a gloopy/sticky taste: vanilla-Cav, chocolate, and cherry. The nicotine's exactly as you'd expect from a cherry aromatic: very mild, and the room-note is also to be expected: cherries!

I think everyone should try this at least once; the best cherry blend ever.

Highly recommended.

Pipe Used: Peterson Kapp Royal #03

Ambush1964 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ambush1964 (16)
Extremely Mild Very Strong Full Pleasant to Tolerable

I'm not sure my tin was filled with the same tobacco as all the other reviews? Upon opening the tin, the cherry topping was very....there. It smelled nice, lets give it a go. Perfect moisture right from the tin, packed well, lit well, burned well all the way to the bottom nice and dry and no tongue bite. Gobs of thick white smoke. Only thing is the "cherry" was like a strong air freshener, soapy, perfume laden, wax candle.......terrible.....nasty.....and I enjoy aromatics, usually. The most artificial cherry flavor and aroma I have yet smoked. I would say don't believe the hype, but almost all of the other reviews done so far have a very different slant to their comments. Maybe I'm doing something incorrectly shrug?

Pipe Used: Vintage Meerschaum bent egg

Age When Smoked: About 1 year

Similar Blends: My guess-Cherry Room freshener candles, if you could smoke them..

JustinCarcerated Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JustinCarcerated (99)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Just found out I have two favorite cherry blends, this lovely concoction as well as G&W Top Black Cherry. Two, from me, an English Lat lover, whaaat?! What amazes me is that Cult's Blood Red Moon delivers a light cherry subtly (deftly perhaps ) while TBC does by direct on your palate black cherry flavor.

Here BRM takes a well managed base of burley, tops their Cav with a fantastic cherry -cocoa topping and uses bright Vas to add character and longevity to the smoke. So here its volumes of a thinner, lighter smoke, where the flavor doesn't stay with you but briefly, demanding I partake in another draw.

It lights easy, requires little maintanence while fired up, and the only draw back in my case was the need to clean the stem on my meer poker after every bowl -due to moisture. No worries there, we'll worth the price of admission. I'm gonna get more of this, gonna try the whole line for that matter.

Even if you infrequently partake in aromatic blends (like myself) I'd highly suggest this Toby to yall. If your a seasoned Brother -or Sister of the Briar [insert meer/cob/clay pipe here] you'd likely find this a treat!

Pipe Used: Meer Poker-high walled

Age When Smoked: Ner

Purchased From: Pipes&Cigars

dixcreek Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dixcreek (88)
Very Mild Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

When the tin is first opened you get the feeling that this is going to be a sugary chocolate cherry mess. Smells like a box of cherry cordials. Lights easy and smokes easy, did not gum up my pipe as I thought it might. If you are looking for a good cherry blend this may well be your tobacco. I will most likely smoke it as a dessert.

Pipe Used: Cob, Grabow bulldog

Age When Smoked: just out of the tin

downinit Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
downinit (2)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

A lovely cherry-chocolate blend with some actual tobacco flavor too. For an aromatic it burnt easily straight from the tin. The flavor lasted throughout the bowl. Very similar to Sutliff's Black Cordial but only comes in a tin. Black Cordial is milder in tobacco strength/flavor.

Similar Blends: Sutliff Black Cordial (bulk).

dbl-bbl Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dbl-bbl (52)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I begin this review with the following disclaimer because me thinks an aromatic guy should more fairly judge aromatics & a natural guy is going to do the same for those blends which lack casings or top notes. But when all is said and done .... personal tastes are well "personal". I've been a fairly dedicated aromatic pipe smoker for 35+ years (although I occasionally like a Vaper or mild Latakia blend for a change of pace). This aromatic is a very good one. Excellent Burley tobacco taste with a good cherry/chocolate casing. Burns well with consistent flavor to the bottom of the bowl. I like it very much!

Pipe Used: Briars & Meerschaums

Age When Smoked: Fresh from tin

Purchased From: PipesandCigars.com

Similar Blends: Red Sky (but slightly different flavor).

Jason h. Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jason h. (47)
Mild Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

This was a very aromatic blend, the cherry was kind of "candyish", and it seemed to burn pretty good. The taste was somewhat mild, and the room note was outstanding. This is something that I would probably purchase again, but not something I would want to smoke daily.

TigerSoul Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TigerSoul (5)
Mild Strong Very Full Very Pleasant

I am primarily an English blend smoker but I have a weakness (and a guilty pleasure) for cherry tobaccos. No other aromatic or sweetly-flavored variety appeals to me, but there's just something about a good cherry that hits the spot. And Cult-Blood Red Moon hits that spot in a very big way. First off, it is one of the coolest-burning blends I've yet experienced, with virtually zero tongue bite. The cherry flavor is extraordinary in that it lasts throughout every draw on the bowl fill and is quite intense, but not in artificial or 'cloying' way. And the blenders have not forgotten that 'man does not live by cherry alone' therefore this blend has a complexity to it, with the quality Virginias and burleys to provide the backbone. No other cherry matches up to it, in my view.

Pipe Used: Peterson Killarney Red Fishtail

Age When Smoked: New tin, day of delivery

Purchased From: Pipes and Cigars dot com

slashes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
slashes (11)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I have had a tin of this stuff sitting in my cellar for some time now. I decided to open it up and give it go. Man I was blown away! This is a really good aro. It actually tastes as described on the tin and the flavor lasts through the entire bowl. Flavor wise it’s cherry, but it’s not overwhelming or cough syrupy. There is also a nice chocolate flavor that accompanies the cherry, making it taste similar to chocolate covered cherry candy. It’s definitely a sweet smoke but not in an overwhelming way. It’s a very smooth smoke with no bite at all. It does leave a little goop in the bottom of the bowl but not as bad as some other blends that I have tried. This one is definitely worth trying.

Pipe Used: Briars

Bassrep Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bassrep (25)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

Not an expert but both feet are pretty "wet" at this point. I have tried some very interesting (and some NASTY) non aros and I am definitely an aro guy. I have had some very decent Cherry styles, some I would buy again some not so much. THIS is the blend I have been wanting but it took me wading through a bunch of others promising very cherry, mild, "no tongue bite" (man, you do get tired of hearing that, huh?), with that super pleasant room note. I gotta say that as much as I was awash with memories of my dad's pipe when I was a kid, the first time I fired up Peter Stokkebye 302, Cult - Blood Red Moon was that on steroids, in a very good way. The room note and taste was just SO over the top. I LOVE this stuff!

Pipe Used: Bros with 9mm filter

Age When Smoked: Freshly opened tin

Similar Blends: Peter Stokkebye 302 Black Cherry Cavendish.

usafvol1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
usafvol1 (16)

This stuff is solid, but seems to be way overrated. Smells great in the tin, although the cherry is more of a cherry flavoring akin to candy, soft drinks, chap stick, etc., not the warm, deep, low-noted black cherry. I got some chocolate/cocoa notes from it, but they were overpowered by the cherry. Good cut and moisture. Tried to bite, but just kept a high-pitched tingle, instead.

Addendum--I went back to it a week later, and liked it a lot better. The bite was much less, and the cherry/chocolate were richer and deeper.

Pipe Used: Viking 301, Nordstrom, Calabash Meerschaum

Age When Smoked: Fresh, 1+ weeks.

arpie55 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
arpie55 (52)
Mild Strong Overwhelming Pleasant

Had to try this due to all of the hipe and glad i did, now have a new favorite aromatic, velvety smooth with no bite at all, super sweet (smoke your desert rather than eat it), requires practically no relights, great room note, super tin aroma (maybe just a little heavy), smoked clean burning to nice grey ash even with minimal dry time, slightest of ghosting to pipe.

12/12/16 update- simply had to downgrade rating due to fact that this is "over the top" aromatic that gets tiresome and has a much higher "ghosting" affect than i originally thought. Be careful what you put it in! Go for the cobb or the pipe dedicated to aromatics.

Pipe Used: Ascorti

Purchased From: Tobaccopipes.com

Bbrown626 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bbrown626 (79)
Mild Mild Mild Tolerable to Strong

The perfect way to start a morning! My dad was a cherry Aero smoker, but his blends were nothing like this, smooth, not bitter at all even at the bottom of the bowl. A very pronounced cherry tin and room note and a first rate tobacco. I am a big fan of adding a little Virgina to the mix and this does it perfectly. Best cherry I have smoked!

Pipe Used: East german briar

Philo Beddoe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Philo Beddoe (169)
Extremely Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Having heard so much good word of mouth about this blend I tried a tin. I really want to like a cherry aromatic and Tinder Box's Anniversary has been the best I've tried thus far. Blood Red Moon was very tasty for the first 1/4 of the bowl, I actually tasted a little bit of tobacco flavor and I tasted the cherry topping. Then...I didn't; the cherry just disappeared and I was left with some very decent tobacco, but not one I will revisit. I tried to smoke this in several different meers, both large and small but the flavor pulled its vanishing act at about 1/4 of the way down no matter what. In conclusion, it's a very decent base tobacco, but once again, the topping just doesn't stick around.

Planet Scott Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Planet Scott (58)

Interesting blend. Cherry is the feature, however it does not dominate. The chocolate and cocoa are subtle. The Cavendish is toasty with some vanilla. Burns cool, albeit moist from tin. Room note is nice. The cherry is proximate, but not too strong. No tongue bite.

I rarely desire a cherry blend, but when I do, I like this one. I wish there was a little more tobacco richness.

TXBulldog Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TXBulldog (74)
Mild Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

This summer I went on a cherry exploration. I love cherry and thought I'd try and find something in that genre that was a pleasant smoke and agreeable to the palate. I worked my way through about a dozen offerings and was gravely disappointed with exception of two - this blend being one of them. It offers a great balance with the cherry note and it doesn't come across all artificial like so many cherry aros. It is thoroughly enjoyable beginning to end with a nice mixture and balance among the tobaccos. It doesn't let you forget your smoking tobacco at the expense of the flavoring. It also has a more natural nuance to a soft and smooth cherry note. A thoroughly enjoyable aromatic!

Pipe Used: bjarne, rossi, la strada

Age When Smoked: 3, 6 and 12 months

Polaris82 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Polaris82 (22)
Mild Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

I will admit that I'm very leary of aromatics. Most in my opinion have the " I just licked a car battery post" taste and don't really live up to the hype. A lesson learned quickly in my 10 years of pipe smoking. But once again a blend pops up that gets a lot of buzz, and once again I find myself hoping to find an aromatic that stands apart. So when I bought a tin in Dec 2014 it was my intent to let it sit(six months) and age. To my surprise Cult is very very smooth and doesn't have a "heavy taste" associated with most aros. Burns cool and no swamp mouth the next morning are a plus. It's a mild social smoke with a wonderful room note, plain and simple. Good, but not great. I'll keep looking.

Pipe Used: Dr. Graybow Starfire

ruffinogold Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ruffinogold (107)

There's good cherry blends and bad cherry blends ........ this is a good one for sure ! The flavoring isn't overdone and the blend lights easily , burns well , tastes good and the Room Note is great . It's has a smooth quality to it and it's basically a blend that has some thought behind it . It is medium flavored and not a high aromatic but not a mildly flavored aromatic . If you've been leery of trying a cherry because you got waylaid by some awful overly flavored horrid cherry blend , have no fear ... this isn't that blend . Another good cherry blend to try , which is even a little less flavored is MacBaren 7 Seas Red , which is exceptional

Pipe Used: About a half dozen

Age When Smoked: Fresh Tin

Purchased From: Gifted

Drummerguy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Drummerguy (4)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Tin aroma is amazing. Cherry cordials and rich vanilla tobacco. Long ribbons of VA, hulking cubes of Burley and big leaves of Cav make a slightly awkward pack in anything smaller than big. A little effort required to get an even light but once established, it keeps going. Moderately sweet, rich and fruity, not always obviously cherry, in a good way. Initially reminds me of lemon and black bulk blends but quickly settles in to more than that. The chocolate bass notes weave in and out. A little spiciness shows up halfway through. Smokes cool and dry but could probably be a torcher if pushed. Amazing room aroma. Delightful, any time in any weather. I usually smoke flakes and other naturals but will keep this around for a change of pace.

Pipe Used: 1970s Jellin, medium bent apple

Age When Smoked: new tin

Purchased From: pipes and cigars

Similar Blends: Black and lemon.

BlooFlame Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BlooFlame (3)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I've gone through one tin of this and loved it. Trying to find someone that sells it bulk. Only criticism is how moist it is. Definitely will benefit from drying out a bit prior to smoking. Don't be put off by the overwhelming smell in the tin, when smoked the flavours and intensity on the nose is much milder.

Pipe Used: Savinelli Alligator

Age When Smoked: fresh from tin

Purchased From: tobacco pipes

Sweet Daddy K Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sweet Daddy K (2)
Medium Very Strong Overwhelming Very Pleasant

God this was awful. I haven't figured out what I like yet, but I know what I don't like. This. A few puffs in and my mouth felt like it was coated in burlap soaked in chemicals. The taste is fine if you like drinking peroxide after a few cherries have soaked in it overnight. Maybe the worst thing I ever smoked, Well, I take that back. Definitely the worst thing I ever smoked.

Pipe Used: MM Cob

Purchased From: Pipes & Cigars

TheTroutLaw Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TheTroutLaw (2)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Full Very Pleasant

I've strayed away from cherry blends because, in my experience, things meant to taste like cherries often taste like cough syrup. I didn't find that to be the case with this blend.

The tin note smells just like dark chocolate-covered cherries; not in a syrupy, chemical way. It's very pleasant.

The taste was very pleasant. The first half of the bowl gave a very distinct, but not overly-powerful cherry taste. Again, it actually tasted like cherries, not a chemically cough syrup. The cocoa or dark chocolate sort of underlied the cherry flavor. More subdued than the cherry but still present.

The second half of the bowl was very interesting. The cherry and cocoa notes remained; however, interestingly enough, the flavors of the tobaccos themselves began to emerge, somewhat sporadically. The flavor from the topping periodically would give way to the cavendish and Virginia flavors.

It didn't bite me; smoked very smooth. Needed the normally-expected amount of relights. Came out of the tin perfect dryness.

In summation: a great aromatic with a natural cherry flavor that won't bite. Very taste, very pleasant to smoke.

Hell, I enjoyed it thoroughly. Will have to smoke some more. Could be a go-to aromatic.

Pipe Used: Morganpipes Blackjack Timberwolf

Purchased From: Pipesandcigars.com

Pryhosm Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pryhosm (8)
Mild to Medium Extra Strong Overwhelming Very Pleasant

I started off as an aromatics guy. I lost my passion as I found most aromatics are all smell and no taste, or at least no differentiated taste, the all tasted the same. Well let me tell you, this Blood Red Moon is different. This stuff out of the can has a massive cherry/chocolate cordial aroma out of the tin...maybe a shot of rubbing alcohol to boot. Very strong stuff. The taste is no joke. This stuff filled my mouth with a Robatussin like flavor which took me back to days home from elementary school with the flu. The medicinal cherry taste was overpowering. Smoked well with few re-lights and surprisingly didn't leave a gloopy mess in my bowl. It also left my office smelling great, the room note was appreciated by many. This is too overpowering for me. The worst part of it is I had to toss my pipe after smoking this stuff (thankfully a MM Cob). I smoked 3 more bowls of other aromatics in the pipe and all I tasted was cherry medicine with other, normally enjoyable tobacco's. If you like strong aromatics, this is for you. For me it made me realize that I am an English, Balkan smoker and aromatics are a roll of the dice.

Pipe Used: MM Country Gentleman

Age When Smoked: out of the tin

Similar Blends: Robatussin.

Pat1075 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pat1075 (2)
Mild Strong Medium Overwhelming

This has a strong cherry taste with a note of cocoa to it as promised. If you have been looking for PS-308 in a tin look no further, here it is with a gimmicky label!

Pipe Used: peterson aran canadian

Purchased From: pipes and cigars

Similar Blends: Peter Stockebye 308.

michaelc Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
michaelc (35)
Mild Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I really enjoyed the very, cherry taste this smoke has. It did not bite and I recommend this to those who like their sweet smokes. I will possibly buy more,but I have a quantity of Lane's Dark Red jarred up so I'll work on that when cherry calls me for now.

Pipe Used: Various briars

Similar Blends: Lane Dark Red.

Theosprey247 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Theosprey247 (69)
Mild to Medium Very Strong Full Pleasant

Now here folks is a cherry blend that tastes like it smells. But be fore warned, it's quite powerful (flavor wise not nicotine). The taste remains throughout the smoke. Unfortunately, it gets rather boring. This is easily remedied by mixing in some SP Rich Taste or some other burley blend. Add some 5 Brothers or Kendal dark if you want a stronger smoke.

Pipe Used: Cobs

Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Upon opening the fresh tin, you are HIT with a strong medicinal cherry tin note with a blast of strong "Paint Thinner" fumes. You definitely want to allow these "volatile" vapors to dissipate prior to packing. I didn't and thus I had to dump my first bowl. When I say "Vapors", it's like breathing "Nail Polish Remover or Paint Thinner" fumes ! Ok, 30 hours of an open tin and we have the "nail polish remover " down to a smokable level, you're left with a vanilla/cherry tin note. What's strange, is that initially you would expect the tobacco to be overly damp from the topping, it's not, and after 30 hours open, it's not real dry either?

The initial taste, after 30 hours, wasn't bad, but you have to sip this real slow or bitterness creeps into the smoke. I got a Cherry Chocolate flavor, more cherry than chocolate. I think if I were an aro smoker this might get 4 stars, but since I'm not, I'd give this 2 with an extra star for respect of my Aromatic Pipesters. You may ask why I even bought this blend? Well, I was looking for a change of pace, but this was too much change

Pipe Used: cob

Age When Smoked: 2 weeks open

Rostercobburn Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rostercobburn (1)

Was one of the best cherry tobacco I have had I will be buying more in the future it has a good room note and burns really well, has a very good room note my wife doesn't like my smoking but she really liked that particular blend.

Pipe Used: Mm devil cob

Age When Smoked: 35

Purchased From: Pipes and cigars

Der Pfeifenraucher Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Der Pfeifenraucher (57)
Mild Medium Full Very Pleasant

I'm not generally an aromatics fan but this is a fantastic smoke. Perfect out of the tin packs lights and burns like a champ. Flavor is cherry/chocolate and Cherry/cola. I get both and both are great. Under the moderate amount of flavoring you also get the tobaccos making themselves known. The flavors of the casing and the flavors of the tobacco compliment each other like very few other blends can do. This blend has a complex flavor profile and deserves to be analyzed. Chemistry is what is to be expected from an aromatic, noticeable but mild. It's been a while since I had a bowl of BRM. Better place an order.

Pipe Used: cobs

Age When Smoked: ??

Purchased From: gift from a piper in texas

Nwpipesmker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Nwpipesmker (24)
Mild Medium to Strong Full Very Pleasant

Wow! I'm not a fan of cherry flavored arromatics. I bought this for the tin art more than anything. After I opened the tin the note was a pleasing dark cherry aroma I never picked up on any chocolate notes. But from the first smoke to the last puff it keeps its flavor and is an arromatic that taste just like it smells.

Pipe Used: Cob

Purchased From: Under the Bridge tobacco shop

LivingFreeinTN Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
LivingFreeinTN (24)

I was sucked into purchasing this tobacco based strictly on the tin art. Seduced yet again by creative marketing. Thankfully the contents of the tin were just as nice as the artwork. A good cherry/chocolate blend that doesn't bite, leave a mess in the bowl or lose its flavor. To my tastes, the chocolate is more of a slight cocoa note in the background that compliments the cherry. The cherry is nice, not harsh or chemical tasting. I could see myself keeping this around.

Prado1200 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Prado1200 (5)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I have tried several cherry aromatics but this one takes it. My favorite cherry hands down. It is a very pleasant smoke. It doesn't disappoint. Awesome room note and great flavor. It's a must try in my opinion.

Pipe Used: Peterson, Dagner, MM cobs, OMS

Purchased From: P&C, Tobaccopipes

Mike W. Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mike W. (7)

I smoked a tin of this over a months time and at first thought it was pretty bland but by the last couple of bowls it seemed to find itself and I changed my mind. It became more flavorful and picked up a little more subdued cherry flavoring along with finishing with a clean taste. It also packed, lit and burned very well right to the end.

Pipe Used: cob,vauen and peterson

Fazby Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Fazby (66)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I tried a lot of cherry blends this year and this is one of my top three. It comes a little on the moist side, but it is good. Excellent aroma and flavor. I recommend opening the tin and letting it air for a while. Then close it and let it sit for a few weeks. No clue why, but it improves. Excellent.

Pipe Used: Various

Age When Smoked: new tin

bobbysmokes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bobbysmokes (15)
Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Good cherry blend but a little too sweet for me. Easy to light and smoke. The Burley and Cavendish are a little covered up by the topping. Not something I would buy but would smoke again if offered to me.

Old6String Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Old6String (26)

Well done in all aspects IMHO. Balanced and quite tasty. Will not remain in "constant" rotation but will visit often enough. Great aro to enjoy in between all the English that I smoke.

Pipe Used: David Jones 14, long-stemmed,bent apple

Age When Smoked: Fresh tin

guitar2mw Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
guitar2mw (82)
Mild Very Strong Very Full Very Strong

I love aromatics, but I've been "burned" one too many times by cherry blends in the past (pun intended). I was a bit skeptical, but decided to give it a shot. I have always WANTED to like cherry blends. However, they have all tasted like cough medicine or gunked up my pipe. I opened this tin and was immediately greeted with the strong aroma of cherries and chocolate. It reminded me of cordial cherries. I loaded up one of my cheap briars dedicated to aromatics and gave it a good charring light. The initial taste was intense cherry zest. It was spicy, sweet, and not artificial in any way. As I smoked, I noted the taste of chocolate becoming more prevalent, along with creamy vanilla and a touch of liquor. I expected there to be a catch. It was too good to be true. Fortunately, the flavors lasted all the way to the bottom of the bowl, with the chocolate becoming the more dominate flavor during the last quarter. It burnt down to a thin, white ash. Overall, it's everything that most people have been wanting in an aromatic: wonderful room note, bold flavor, creamy smoke, and no mess! I'll definitely be keeping some around from now on.

Pipe Used: Italian briar