This dark, decadent blend combines fire-cured Cavendish, bright Virginias and Burleys with the delicious aromas of natural Royal Ann cherry and dark chocolate. A bit sweet, extremely rich, and unquestionably smooth.

ContentsBurley, Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringCherry, Cocoa / Chocolate
Where to Buy PipesAndCigars

SmokeDawg Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SmokeDawg (73)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I'm impressed. Right off the bat this is the best cherry blend I've smoked and I'm not a big cherry blend lover. It's a blend all it's own. It gives me the impression of "old school" yet it's like a modern day twist. It's as if that blend your grandfather smoked was updated and brought into this century. Or something like steampunk, the old mixed with a futuristic twist on realilty. The only negative thing I find is in the tin there is a strange medicine like smell along with the cherry. However it doesnt carry over to the smoking experience. Although not much the bottom of the bowl was wet.

This blend is similar to Drew Estates "7th Ave. Blonde" in the since the fragrance packs a whallup and it's rich sweetness stays with you. The taste and fragrance? Imagine a rich cherry and chocolate flavor. It's as if they mixed 7th Ave Blonde with the chocolate of Central Park Stroll. It's good and holds a great flavor along with it's cherry profile in both taste and room note. I recommend this to any pipe smoker who likes aro's or use to smoke aro's and gave up on them. This is a good one to have around. I couldn't imagine a cherry blend getting better than this one.

Pipe Used: Corn Cob. Washington

FenneckFox Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
FenneckFox (9)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Full Pleasant to Tolerable

This is a wonderful cherry aromatic. Not your typical blend. This is in my opinion a perfectly balanced blend of flavors. The cherry flavor is great. Not artificial tasting. The chocolate is very creamy and mixes perfect. This is a harmonious smoke. I love this blend more and more every time I smoke it. It is easily my favorite aromatic. Most aromatics don't taste as good as the description, this one does. The tobacco used is also top notch and is not hidden under all the casing and flavor. It is a wonferfull mix of tobacco and flavor. If you had given up on cherry in the past, heck, if you had given up on aromatics period, this may change your mind. Best flavor ever.

Pipe Used: All grades of briar, MM cobs

Age When Smoked: fresh tin and aged. its all good

Purchased From: PipesandCigars

Similar Blends: Can't think of a comparable blend..

lostdog13 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
lostdog13 (2)
Very Mild Strong Full Very Pleasant

I have tried aromatics in the past, and decided that other than an occasional smoke when the mood hits me; I would avoid them. Cult came as part of a sampler pack, and I knew nothing about the blend. I chose it out of curiosity from the name, and later learned it was a cherry blend. I decided to crack it open, and was quickly blasted with the smell of cherry cordials. The tobacco packed easy, lit easy, and burned all the way down to fine ash. There is a little goop left over, but it is very little compared to most aromatics. The room note is absolutely amazing, and unlike most aromatics I've smoked; you taste cherry and chocolate. I suggest this blend to anyone wanting to try an aromatic, and highly suggest this blend to aromatic smokers.

Pipe Used: Dr. Grabow Savoy

KJJern Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
KJJern (1)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

My experience with this blend is identical to Cen-Tex's -- it was just OK fresh out of the tin, but after letting it sit in my tobacco cabinet for a couple months it came alive. The flavor is full on creamy cherry. Not too sweet and not just a fruity after taste like other cherry tobaccos I've tried. It's smooth and delicious. While not my favorite tobacco of all time, it's in my rotation and will stay there unless it gets discontinued like a lot of "new discoveries" seem to end up lately. But I don't think that will happen to this blend. It's a keeper.

Pipe Used: Molina Sera

CenTex Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CenTex (18)
Medium Strong Full Very Pleasant

When I first got this, I did not like it. It wouldn't burn and puffing to keep it going produced a serious bite.

I set it aside and have let it dry quite a bit. Now I like it very much. Oddly, I don't get a lot of cherry in the flavor, but more of a spicy/incense taste. The room note is a hit with my wife. She thought it was incense. Produces thick clouds of smoke, nice flavor. I recommend to anyone who likes aromatics.

Pipe Used: Savinelli 413 KS, Jirsa Poker

Purchased From: pipesandcigars

oldorder Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
oldorder (22)
Very Mild Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

I used to smoke Cherry tobaccos years ago. So I thought I'd give Cult a try. There's not too much goo and it burned well. It is very Cherry and I guess that's good for those that are looking for that. The flavor is so strong I have begun blending it in other offerings to make a more acceptable room note for my wife. Probably won't be smoking it much on it's own, though it's not bad at all. Just not my cup of tea.

Pipe Used: Cobs and occasionally briar

Age When Smoked: Fresh from the tin

Similar Blends: Similar to many of the Cherry blends. But not as hard on your tongue. For those looking for Cherry it's what I would recommend..

dixcreek Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dixcreek (31)
Very Mild Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

When the tin is first opened you get the feeling that this is going to be a sugary chocolate cherry mess. Smells like a box of cherry cordials. Lights easy and smokes easy, did not gum up my pipe as I thought it might. If you are looking for a good cherry blend this may well be your tobacco. I will most likely smoke it as a dessert.

Pipe Used: Cob, Grabow bulldog

Age When Smoked: just out of the tin

Purchased From: pipes and cigars

TXBulldog Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TXBulldog (53)
Mild Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

This summer I went on a cherry exploration. I love cherry and thought I'd try and find something in that genre that was a pleasant smoke and agreeable to the palate. I worked my way through about a dozen offerings and was gravely disappointed with exception of two - this blend being one of them. It offers a great balance with the cherry note and it doesn't come across all artificial like so many cherry aros. It is thoroughly enjoyable beginning to end with a nice mixture and balance among the tobaccos. It doesn't let you forget your smoking tobacco at the expense of the flavoring. It also has a more natural nuance to a soft and smooth cherry note. A thoroughly enjoyable aromatic!

Pipe Used: bjarne, rossi, la strada

Age When Smoked: 3, 6 and 12 months

Purchased From: P&C

TigerSoul Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TigerSoul (3)
Mild Strong Very Full Very Pleasant

I am primarily an English blend smoker but I have a weakness (and a guilty pleasure) for cherry tobaccos. No other aromatic or sweetly-flavored variety appeals to me, but there's just something about a good cherry that hits the spot. And Cult-Blood Red Moon hits that spot in a very big way. First off, it is one of the coolest-burning blends I've yet experienced, with virtually zero tongue bite. The cherry flavor is extraordinary in that it lasts throughout every draw on the bowl fill and is quite intense, but not in artificial or 'cloying' way. And the blenders have not forgotten that 'man does not live by cherry alone' therefore this blend has a complexity to it, with the quality Virginias and burleys to provide the backbone. No other cherry matches up to it, in my view.

Pipe Used: Peterson Killarney Red Fishtail

Age When Smoked: New tin, day of delivery

Purchased From: Pipes and Cigars dot com

Polaris82 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Polaris82 (19)
Mild Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

I will admit that I'm very leary of aromatics. Most in my opinion have the " I just licked a car battery post" taste and don't really live up to the hype. A lesson learned quickly in my 10 years of pipe smoking. But once again a blend pops up that gets a lot of buzz, and once again I find myself hoping to find an aromatic that stands apart. So when I bought a tin in Dec 2014 it was my intent to let it sit(six months) and age. To my surprise Cult is very very smooth and doesn't have a "heavy taste" associated with most aros. Burns cool and no swamp mouth the next morning are a plus. It's a mild social smoke with a wonderful room note, plain and simple. Good, but not great. I'll keep looking.

Pipe Used: Dr. Graybow Starfire

ruffinogold Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ruffinogold (92)

There's good cherry blends and bad cherry blends ........ this is a good one for sure ! The flavoring isn't overdone and the blend lights easily , burns well , tastes good and the Room Note is great . It's has a smooth quality to it and it's basically a blend that has some thought behind it . It is medium flavored and not a high aromatic but not a mildly flavored aromatic . If you've been leery of trying a cherry because you got waylaid by some awful overly flavored horrid cherry blend , have no fear ... this isn't that blend . Another good cherry blend to try , which is even a little less flavored is MacBaren 7 Seas Red , which is exceptional

Pipe Used: About a half dozen

Age When Smoked: Fresh Tin

Purchased From: Gifted

slashes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
slashes (11)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I have had a tin of this stuff sitting in my cellar for some time now. I decided to open it up and give it go. Man I was blown away! This is a really good aro. It actually tastes as described on the tin and the flavor lasts through the entire bowl. Flavor wise it’s cherry, but it’s not overwhelming or cough syrupy. There is also a nice chocolate flavor that accompanies the cherry, making it taste similar to chocolate covered cherry candy. It’s definitely a sweet smoke but not in an overwhelming way. It’s a very smooth smoke with no bite at all. It does leave a little goop in the bottom of the bowl but not as bad as some other blends that I have tried. This one is definitely worth trying.

Pipe Used: Briars

Drummerguy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Drummerguy (3)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Tin aroma is amazing. Cherry cordials and rich vanilla tobacco. Long ribbons of VA, hulking cubes of Burley and big leaves of Cav make a slightly awkward pack in anything smaller than big. A little effort required to get an even light but once established, it keeps going. Moderately sweet, rich and fruity, not always obviously cherry, in a good way. Initially reminds me of lemon and black bulk blends but quickly settles in to more than that. The chocolate bass notes weave in and out. A little spiciness shows up halfway through. Smokes cool and dry but could probably be a torcher if pushed. Amazing room aroma. Delightful, any time in any weather. I usually smoke flakes and other naturals but will keep this around for a change of pace.

Pipe Used: 1970s Jellin, medium bent apple

Age When Smoked: new tin

Purchased From: pipes and cigars

Similar Blends: Black and lemon.

Bassrep Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bassrep (25)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

Not an expert but both feet are pretty "wet" at this point. I have tried some very interesting (and some NASTY) non aros and I am definitely an aro guy. I have had some very decent Cherry styles, some I would buy again some not so much. THIS is the blend I have been wanting but it took me wading through a bunch of others promising very cherry, mild, "no tongue bite" (man, you do get tired of hearing that, huh?), with that super pleasant room note. I gotta say that as much as I was awash with memories of my dad's pipe when I was a kid, the first time I fired up Peter Stokkebye 302, Cult - Blood Red Moon was that on steroids, in a very good way. The room note and taste was just SO over the top. I LOVE this stuff!

Pipe Used: Bros with 9mm filter

Age When Smoked: Freshly opened tin

Similar Blends: Peter Stokkebye 302 Black Cherry Cavendish.

Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

About once a year I get the urge to smoke a cherry blend for something different. This time I picked this blend as I just kind of liked the name and it has been getting decent reviews. It comes in a 1.75 oz tin and upon opening the tin aroma just bursts out into the room, a rich chocolate cherry note that smells like a cherry liqueur or like cherry cordials. It is pretty moist but will dry out somewhat by leaving the tin open in the room a few days. It is also a nit sticky so needs to be packed somewhat loose or you lose the draw. It is a loose riff cut in a mix of browns from medium up to very dark. This is one of the mildest cherry blends as far as tongue bite, you would have to puff like a mad man to get tongue bite so that is a large plus over other cherry blends. It is fill of flavor with a base of cherry and the chocolate giving it a rich fullness. It does not get too strong burning down and leaves a fluffy light grey ash. It does get rather moist towards the bottom of the bowl but if patient it can be smoked all the way down. Now, here is the great thing about this tobacco, the room note. It is very pleasant, it does hand heavy in the room but it smells great. You can smell the cherry and the chocolate and yet you can smell the base tobacco. It is not cloying at all. I would recommend this tobacco to both aromatic lovers and non aro lovers. It is a great after dinner smoke as it can become a desert. The only thing I don't like about this blend is it is way to moist and sticky. Other than that it is one of the better cherry blends on the market.

Pipe Used: briar, meers, corn cobs

Age When Smoked: 3months

bobbysmokes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bobbysmokes (11)
Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Good cherry blend but a little too sweet for me. Easy to light and smoke. The Burley and Cavendish are a little covered up by the topping. Not something I would buy but would smoke again if offered to me.

Old6String Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Old6String (24)

Well done in all aspects IMHO. Balanced and quite tasty. Will not remain in "constant" rotation but will visit often enough. Great aro to enjoy in between all the English that I smoke.

Pipe Used: David Jones 14, long-stemmed,bent apple

Age When Smoked: Fresh tin

Purchased From: P&C

guitar2mw Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
guitar2mw (67)
Mild Very Strong Very Full Very Strong

I love aromatics, but I've been "burned" one too many times by cherry blends in the past (pun intended). I was a bit skeptical, but decided to give it a shot. I have always WANTED to like cherry blends. However, they have all tasted like cough medicine or gunked up my pipe. I opened this tin and was immediately greeted with the strong aroma of cherries and chocolate. It reminded me of cordial cherries. I loaded up one of my cheap briars dedicated to aromatics and gave it a good charring light. The initial taste was intense cherry zest. It was spicy, sweet, and not artificial in any way. As I smoked, I noted the taste of chocolate becoming more prevalent, along with creamy vanilla and a touch of liquor. I expected there to be a catch. It was too good to be true. Fortunately, the flavors lasted all the way to the bottom of the bowl, with the chocolate becoming the more dominate flavor during the last quarter. It burnt down to a thin, white ash. Overall, it's everything that most people have been wanting in an aromatic: wonderful room note, bold flavor, creamy smoke, and no mess! I'll definitely be keeping some around from now on.

Pipe Used: Italian briar