PipesAndCigars

This dark, decadent blend combines fire-cured Cavendish, bright Virginias and Burleys with the delicious aromas of natural Royal Ann cherry and dark chocolate. A bit sweet, extremely rich, and unquestionably smooth.

BrandCult
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
FenneckFox Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
FenneckFox (3)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

This is a wonderful cherry aromatic. Not your typical blend. This is in my opinion a perfectly balanced blend of flavors. The cherry flavor is great. Not artificial tasting. The vanilla is very creamy and mixes perfect. This is a harmonious smoke. I love this blend more and more every time I smoke it. Quickly becoming one of my favorite aro. If you had given up on cherry in the past, I'd give this a go and it might very well change your mind.

After smoking this blend for a while, and giving it a little natural drying time, I can say that this has become my favorite smoke. To me, this is the best flavor ever.

Pipe Used: big ben, mr brog

Age When Smoked: fresh tin

Purchased From: PipesandCigars

Similar Blends: Can't think of a comparable blend..

lostdog13 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
lostdog13 (2)
Very Mild Strong Full Very Pleasant

I have tried aromatics in the past, and decided that other than an occasional smoke when the mood hits me; I would avoid them. Cult came as part of a sampler pack, and I knew nothing about the blend. I chose it out of curiosity from the name, and later learned it was a cherry blend. I decided to crack it open, and was quickly blasted with the smell of cherry cordials. The tobacco packed easy, lit easy, and burned all the way down to fine ash. There is a little goop left over, but it is very little compared to most aromatics. The room note is absolutely amazing, and unlike most aromatics I've smoked; you taste cherry and chocolate. I suggest this blend to anyone wanting to try an aromatic, and highly suggest this blend to aromatic smokers.

Pipe Used: Dr. Grabow Savoy

Purchased From: Pipesandcigars.com

SmokeDawg Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SmokeDawg (55)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I'm impressed. Right off the bat this is the best cherry blend I've smoked and I'm not a big cherry blend lover. It's a blend all it's own. It gives me the impression of "old school" yet it's like a modern day twist. It's as if that blend your grandfather smoked was updated and brought into this century. Or something like steampunk, the old mixed with a futuristic twist on realilty. The only negative thing I find is in the tin there is a strange medicine like smell along with the cherry. However it doesnt carry over to the smoking experience. Although not much the bottom of the bowl was wet.

This blend is similar to Drew Estates "7th Ave. Blonde" in the since the fragrance packs a whallup and it's rich sweetness stays with you. The taste and fragrance? Imagine a rich cherry and chocolate flavor. It's as if they mixed 7th Ave Blonde with the chocolate of Central Park Stroll. It's good and holds a great flavor along with it's cherry profile in both taste and room note. I recommend this to any pipe smoker who likes aro's or use to smoke aro's and gave up on them. This is a good one to have around. I couldn't imagine a cherry blend getting better than this one.

Pipe Used: Corn Cob. Washington

oldorder Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
oldorder (15)
Very Mild Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

I used to smoke Cherry tobaccos years ago. So I thought I'd give Cult a try. There's not too much goo and it burned well. It is very Cherry and I guess that's good for those that are looking for that. The flavor is so strong I have begun blending it in other offerings to make a more acceptable room note for my wife. Probably won't be smoking it much on it's own, though it's not bad at all. Just not my cup of tea.

Pipe Used: Cobs and occasionally briar

Age When Smoked: Fresh from the tin

Similar Blends: Similar to many of the Cherry blends. But not as hard on your tongue. For those looking for Cherry it's what I would recommend..

dixcreek Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dixcreek (7)
Very Mild Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

When the tin is first opened you get the feeling that this is going to be a sugary chocolate cherry mess. Smells like a box of cherry cordials. Lights easy and smokes easy, did not gum up my pipe as I thought it might. If you are looking for a good cherry blend this may well be your tobacco. I will most likely smoke it as a dessert.

Pipe Used: Cob, Grabow bulldog

Age When Smoked: just out of the tin

Purchased From: pipes and cigars

guitar2mw Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
guitar2mw (11)
Mild Very Strong Very Full Very Strong

I love aromatics, but I've been "burned" one too many times by cherry blends in the past (pun intended). I was a bit skeptical, but decided to give it a shot. I have always WANTED to like cherry blends. However, they have all tasted like cough medicine or gunked up my pipe. I opened this tin and was immediately greeted with the strong aroma of cherries and chocolate. It reminded me of cordial cherries. I loaded up one of my cheap briars dedicated to aromatics and gave it a good charring light. The initial taste was intense cherry zest. It was spicy, sweet, and not artificial in any way. As I smoked, I noted the taste of chocolate becoming more prevalent, along with creamy vanilla and a touch of liquor. I expected there to be a catch. It was too good to be true. Fortunately, the flavors lasted all the way to the bottom of the bowl, with the chocolate becoming the more dominate flavor during the last quarter. It burnt down to a thin, white ash. Overall, it's everything that most people have been wanting in an aromatic: wonderful room note, bold flavor, creamy smoke, and no mess! I'll definitely be keeping some around from now on.

Pipe Used: Italian briar