An inspired British mixture of Virginia and Macedonian tobaccos, imported from England, naturally.

BrandTinder Box
Blended ByTinderbox
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Virginia
CountryUnknown
Strength
Mild, Medium
Taste
Tolerable, Tolerable to Strong
Medium None Detected Medium Tolerable to Strong

The Oriental/Turkish in the description is actually Macedonian leaf, and it has a nice spice and dry, smokey woodiness to add some strength and mild complexity to the grassy, hay-like, lightly earthy, dark and citrus fruity brown Virginia. The Virginia has minimal sweetness. Has a mild to medium nic-hit. Burns cool and clean at a moderate rate with a consistent flavor to the end with very little harshness, and no bite, though I do recommend a sipping pace. Leaves a little moisture in the bowl, and requires an average number of relights. Has a lingering after taste. Not an all day smoke.

BigNick Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BigNick (58)
Mild None Detected Medium Tolerable

I bought it for the name alone...then I found out I really really like it. In the glass jar/bag it smells like a lat heavy blend. I've never really engaged with Macedonian leaf before and it wasn't as spicy as other orientals I have smoked, so I really only picked up that woodsy body. Packs loose, fine ribbon cut, I dried out for roughly an hour, it was perfect.

I initially picked up a campfire and woodsy like smell. As I sipped it and it's mellow characteristics took over. It wasn't so heavy with the woodsy taste, it was a main feature for sure, but it carefully balanced with the VA's. The Virginias work with the Macedonian leaf beautifully. Definite hay like, sweetness makes itself present. Unlike a Va/Per or Va/Bur the orientals/Turkish will dominate it for a bit. I find it to be a tug of war of flavors instead of them blending together. I don't think that this is bad, it's really a nice mix of back and forth. Sweet and smokey, it's nice and mild.

It burns for a decent while, I get a touch of dottle at the end. It burns to a dark grey clumpy ash. Roomnote is take it or leave it. People around me didn't like it but they didn't complain.

It pairs well with a citrusy lager, or a rum cocktail, I enjoyed it with a Cuba Libre.

All in all, I highly recommend.

Pipe Used: Falcon, MM Cob, Savinelli ASH

Age When Smoked: N/A

Purchased From: Tinderbox, Palm Springs CA

Similar Blends: Dunhill - My Mixture 965.