This beautiful, mild Virginia Cavendish is a complex and balanced blend of lemon and orange Carolinas and Virginia tobaccos of different styles with a small amount of high grade Brazilian lemon added for a touch of zest. McClelland's special black Cavendish enriches it just enough. The English walnut and brandy fragrance adds just the right touch to this fine all-day smoke.

Blended ByMcClelland

Burn = 8

After Taste = 8

Raw Score = 48

Rated Percentage = 80%

Comment = Smooth, Mild, Mellow, actually has a Nutty Flavor, just a hint of After Taste on finish

FlatCapMatt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
FlatCapMatt (19)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

I bought this on a recommendation, and it does not disappoint. It burns well, smells nice, and doesn't leave much chemical taste in my mouth.

I burned through my 10g sample pretty quickly. Will definitely be buying more.

For me a good tobacco has a pleasing room note, burns well, and doesn't taste like furniture polish. This ticks all the boxes.

Highly recommended if you like aromatics.

Oz Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Oz Piper (6)

Bulk Purchase. I enjoyed this. Lived up to its name as I could certainly taste the walnut and the liqueur. Goes great with a stong cup of coffee. Packs easy and burns well. Give it a go

greekthinker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
greekthinker (18)

Remember the last time you broke in a new pipe with a naked bowl? You had to smoke it down to the bottom to begin caking it from the bottom up. Remember the taste of wood? That is exactly what this blend reminds me of. Their Special Black is the same, but worse. Liqueur? I didn't taste any. Nuts? I suppose, if nuts are like wood. The more you smoke it the worse it gets.With all the wonderful aromatics out there I can't imagine anyone trying them all, or many of them, and settling on this. But anything is possible. I even know a guy who married my first wife. Maybe he smokes this blend.

Big bad Jon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big bad Jon (232)
Very Mild Strong Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

This blend is rather in your face strong in the flavor department. It is not surprising given what other 700-800 bulk blends taste like. There is a lot of walnut flavoring, but it is a bit on the bitter side. I also think that the tobacco is a bit on the wet side. The flavor is fairly accurate to what a walnut tastes like, but it is the vague taste of burly that keeps this blend from being a total loss. I did enjoy this blend after taking it a notch down and blending it 50/50 with straight burly. At that point it is tolerable and actually rather enjoyable.

traveler Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
traveler (40)
Very Mild Strong Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

I've had some McClelland Walnut Liqueur sitting around for some time in a bag. Can't say how many bowls of it I've had-- not many, probably.

Lots of humectant. It's about as wet as when I bought it at least a year ago and will never dry out much, I fear. Little tobacco taste initially, but there is an interesting walnut flavor that is pretty unique. Slightly bitter, like the thin, dry skin on a an English walnut half rather than the sweeter nut meat inside. Not unpleasant though, and it gets more interesting as the bowl burns down and a little Burley appears. The end of the bowl tastes mostly of Burley.

If you're the sort to like flavored coffees and tobaccos, you might want to try this. It's the only walnut flavored blend I can think of and is more interesting than most of the other 700 and 800 series McClelland aromatic bulk blends in my opinion.

Sceny Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sceny (66)
Mild Strong Mild to Medium Strong

First, let me say that this is most definitely an aromatic tobacco; and while I enjoy quality aromatics, natural-only smokers may wish to avoid this one. This is not the goopy, low-quality stuff that many people detest, but it is very mild and uncomplicated, and it leaves a great room note after smoking. If you're looking for a full, rich blend, however, this will likely not satisfy you taste buds. The leaf is black and dark brown, almost chocolate in appearance, and the cut is in general of medium length. Like most McClelland blends, this is a fairly damp tobacco, though a bit drier than Frog Morton. It packs easily, lights easily and burns well, needing an average number of relights. I chose to try this first in an Edwards apple billiard I reserve for aromatics. In the first third of the bowl, the casing starts off strong and dominating. The first flavor I notice is a sweet, nut-liquor taste with a chocolatey richness, almost like chocolate almond cake. I couldn't identify what I'm tasting as walnut per se, but it certainly is nutty. The smoke is very smooth and mild, sweet without being cloying and thus far free of bite. I suspect that a good deal of the sweetness I'm tasting is coming from the tobacco rather than the casing. In the second third, some of the casing has burned off, though it still is pretty obvious. The smoke is still smooth and mild and bite-free, and is very nice blown out through the nose. This tobacco burns very fast (but not hot)! On to the last third, and the sweet nutty flavor is still clearly present. There is no real maturation of the tobacco during smoking, but the one-dimensional taste is far from unpleasant. There is some moisture in the bottom, but a pipe cleaner was not needed during the bowl. It also won't bite or burn hot, no matter how hard I puff. Overall, I enjoyed this tobacco as I would a light, sweet snack. This is not a complex tobacco, but if you're looking for a smooth, mild treat for your sweet tooth, you will likely enjoy this blend. It burns well and is based on quality tobacco; it's easy to go through several bowls of this without noticing it. If you prefer full English blends, smoke this as a nice change of pace; but don't expect a full-flavored, complex masterpiece.